Outlet Malls.....Need a BF Challenge

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

Outlet Malls.....Need a BF Challenge

Postby heatherbade » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:11 am

So my kids are older and they want name brand clothes, Nike, Under Armour, etc. I have never been to Outlet Malls on BF. They have two in my area and I am not sure how they work. I am gonna need some experienced bf'ers to give me tips.

I am seeing it as my biggest BF challenge in 15 years!! We have driven by them over the years and it looked CRAZY :shock:

What time have you gotten there?
What is the store that is the craziest?
Checking out...any ideas for quicker check out?

I am gonna have to get a map and drive up there and do recon :D

I am totally up for this!!!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Outlet Malls.....Need a BF Challenge

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 am

I did it years ago when it was 'brand new'. popular stores were pretty nuts. lines were long.
i've heard of parking/streets being an issue but it probably depends on the location.

ours is out in the middle of no where and there's only one in and out entrance which causes issues.

i'm sort of hoping to get to our outlet mall this year. it's about 1.5 hours away. so i'm thinking maybe do the midnight shopping at stores (last year we were done by 2) and then head over to the outlets for the rest of the 'night'.

oh and when we went one year (which was not at our local one) we went about an hour early and some stores opened before midnight.

Lisabuggie
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Lisabuggie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Iam in the Northeast

we have some outlet malls here and they may not let them open for this Black friday.

Because its one way in n out, the traffic is horendous, my girls friend went a few yrs ago and the traffic alone is a 2/4 hr wait.

go ask the clerks that work a black friday before,not sure what iam heading for this year but we have been out in the lines up to 6hrs early .you get in n out quickly then hit the next store. If you want the door buster item you nee to be the 1st 25/50 people in line.

Last year walmart was a pain in the jejfejl they claimed they were going to open up at midnight ,never opened till 5am messed a lot of peoples game plan. Good luck also some night s we had on ski stuff on and chairs ,put them back in the car just before opening. Go with a friend

Happy Thanksgiving n Happy shopping :D

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Lisabuggie wrote:Hi Iam in the Northeast

we have some outlet malls here and they may not let them open for this Black friday.

Because its one way in n out, the traffic is horendous, my girls friend went a few yrs ago and the traffic alone is a 2/4 hr wait.

go ask the clerks that work a black friday before,not sure what iam heading for this year but we have been out in the lines up to 6hrs early .you get in n out quickly then hit the next store. If you want the door buster item you nee to be the 1st 25/50 people in line.

Last year walmart was a pain in the jejfejl they claimed they were going to open up at midnight ,never opened till 5am messed a lot of peoples game plan. Good luck also some night s we had on ski stuff on and chairs ,put them back in the car just before opening. Go with a friend

Happy Thanksgiving n Happy shopping :D

I'm gonna guess your from MA, don't worry they will open on time, they will just pay the 300$ fine as a result.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I went to one last year, and it was great. I got there 45 mins before opening - they had a gift card giveaway for the first so many people. The place was DEAD. I was 4th in line. After, I went by old Navy - it was jammed. The rest of the stores were not too bad. Pac Sun had a crazy line too. Bath and Body Works was busy but it is a small store. The line moved quickly. I would definitely go there again.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”