Any word on "hard to get" toys for Christmas 2012?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Re: Any word on "hard to get" toys for Christmas 2012?

Postby caravaggio » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:19 pm

My friend's daughter wants one too and since they weren't able to get the IT toy from last year (the hermit crab toy?) so she had me grab a Furby for her and mail it her way (because the specific color her girl wanted wasn't in stock anywhere) and then sent her the gift receipt in case it goes down in price.

Kimmer
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kimmer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:27 am

I'm going with the Wii U as being HOT! I'm thinking Furby too...Skylander Giants.....Hairmonie dolls......

The Furby is only a great toy if you have an iPod or such to play with it...I mean, you feed it from your iPod -- and maybe iPhone?? I don't know much about it other than my daughter really wants one :)

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 pm

I still have my old-school furby around! Much cooler than the new ones. (my opinion!) My best friend's daughter wants two Furbys so they can interact. I am considering buying one but hoping to see them on sale. Otherwise the stores around here are overstocked with them.

I'll have to check out the disney princesses thing. We have an 18 month old niece to buy for this year.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:11 pm

And don't forget those darn lalaloopsy dolls. I haven't really seen if they are out right now but I'm sure they will be out of them on or near bf.

One for boys that I'm having a hard time finding is those wrestling buddies esp the jon cena one.

I also agree that wii U's will be the hot thing along with the LeapPad.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 am

Had anyone been ale to find the cabbage patch babies that are in the toys r us toy book? My store hasn't received them yet and I can't even order them from TRU.com.

mykbuckley
Black Friday Amateur

Postby mykbuckley » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:48 am

Watch the Doc McStuffins stuff, seems to be flying off the shelves lately. Also the LOL Elmo doll is $30 in store and is already getting $50 on Amazon. Hard to believe its been almost 20 years since the Elmo craze happened. Not sure what it is doing right now but the Wii U was getting $500 for the deluxe. $350 in store. Might cool down as more hit the shelves.

For the boys I would think Skylanders Giants is going to be in demand. Not sure which ones will be hot though.

Monster High for the girls. I am sure there will be individual ones that will be a lot harder to find than others. Venus McFlytrap and Robecca Steam are the newer ones that most will be asking for.

Daughter did ask for one of the Hairmonies too.

El Zorro
Black Friday Pro

Postby El Zorro » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 am

My step daughter mentioned a Furby as a toy she wanted. For those that have one, what's your opinion of them? I know wal-mart has them for $9 knocked off on BF. She does have an iPod that she could use to interact with it...from what I hear that definitely helps the toy become more fun.

mykbuckley
Black Friday Amateur

Postby mykbuckley » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:39 am

I know the Doc McStuffins interactive doll is pretty much wiped out at Toys R Us and the price is up quite a bit. Not sure if Wal-Mart or Target got these in yet, but when they do, the price may come down.

Furby seems to be holding steady on the prices. Purple, Aqua and Navy are the only ones with slightly higher prices on Amazon.

Justice got in some of the Dance Class Monster High Dolls this week and they are the first to have them. This set has the Howleen doll packaged by herself which will be in demand. She was originally only available in the Target exclusive 2-pack with Clawdeen. Not sure if the other stores will have them by Christmas. There is speculation that the Scaris line will hit stores soon and there are a few dolls in that line which will be greatly demanded at Christmas time.

Wii U still climbing in price, up to $525 now.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”