walmart strike on BF? really?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

reygato
Black Friday Pro

walmart strike on BF? really?

Postby reygato » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 pm

I was reading online about a potential walkout by Walmart employees on Black Friday. It would seem that a few disgruntled employees are trying to start a walkout of sorts, aimed at cripping the Black Friday retail giant
I do not see it happeneing, for one there is no official union support, and two, what few walmart employees I know are already so desperate that they would not risk termination much less loss of wages to make any statement.

Also, I will be skipping black Friday this year. As you can see by my Icon, I have made the complete change to Buddhism ......
I have now a desire to avoid the collection of frivolous goods and I no longer seek happiness from material possessions. Somehow, the excitement of snagging bargains and helping others gain happiness from snagging bargains no longer entices me. I would not find such entertainment.

I will also not booze it up on Thanksgiving, like last year, so should someone need a driver/shopping assistant I might be available but I am not sure if I even want to be involved.

I will be on the board though.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: walmart strike on BF? really?

Postby Shopper X » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”