Vets, post your ONE BEST TIP that site newbies should know

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Vets, post your ONE BEST TIP that site newbies should kn

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:55 am

kmwjdizlh wrote:Im not sure if this has been mentioned but you may want to bring cash with you as well as your debit card. Ive been stores before where there system was down and couldnt accept cards.CRAZY I know but its happened to me before.

CASH???? :shock:

What's that :!: :?:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 am

kmwjdizlh wrote:Im not sure if this has been mentioned but you may want to bring cash with you as well as your debit card. Ive been stores before where there system was down and couldnt accept cards.CRAZY I know but its happened to me before.

This brings up another tip... Please, for the love of mankind, do not bring a checkbook. Everyone in line is in a hurry to get to the next store (and you should be to!), and wants everyone to pick up the pace a little bit. Don't slow down everyone by having to write a check. Unless you're an 80 year old woman, checks are unacceptable, especially on Black Friday! :wink:
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:00 pm

When in doubt go in a packs. The more the merrier. Thus someone can be the line holder and others can go on a mission to find those items. If your walmart does hold the deals until the scheduled time each person can be at that pallet waiting. Usually things are gone in seconds when they do that so it will mean more of a chance to get those items. And when you have scored what you're looking for; you're grascious line person should already be near a cashier.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:25 pm

I always shop with cash on BF - for this reason and that it is so easy to over-spend when you are in the frenzy.

Another tip - don't drink a ton of liquids while in line! You think the lines are long at the checkout? Wait until you see the line at the ladies room after everyone stood in line with coffee for hours!! :mrgreen:

kelly2
Black Friday Pro

Postby kelly2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

guitarist19862005 wrote:
kelly2 wrote:HA!!! LOL A place for my keys and cash/cc. Of course it is hidden under my hoodie :) LOL

Just checking. Even though you may be out in your pajamas, you need to be a little stylish. :lol:

HA Oh no! Not out in pjs. Can you just see that??? Pj pants, hoodie, hair up sporting a fanny pack! LOL What a sight. NOT me :lol: I wear make up HA!

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Someone else brought this one up: As soon as an adscan appears on BFAds.net, download a copy to your personal computer. Sometimes adscans get removed from the site for legal reasons, and you'll be glad to have the ad saved.

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Postby iKitsune » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 pm

cmac1337 wrote:Get to know those around you in line. They will either be your greatest allies or your biggest enemies.

This applies ESPECIALLY if you're in the front and plan on being there for greater than 24 hours.

Quoted for truth.

Also, don't sit out there miserable in the cold with a sudoku book. If you don't have wall power and a highspeed Internet connection, you're doing it wrong.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 am

iKitsune wrote: If you don't have wall power and a highspeed Internet connection, you're doing it wrong.

Truth. Gotta love the generator with 4500 continuous watts of power and blazing fast 4g lte internet speed.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Postby iKitsune » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:12 pm

cmac1337 wrote:
iKitsune wrote: If you don't have wall power and a highspeed Internet connection, you're doing it wrong.

Truth. Gotta love the generator with 4500 continuous watts of power and blazing fast 4g lte internet speed.

You still grill out? The dirty looks from everyone else in line were hilarious.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 pm

iKitsune wrote:You still grill out? The dirty looks from everyone else in line were hilarious.

Dude, not only do we grill out, but we serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lol.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

blueredzone
Black Friday Pro

Postby blueredzone » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 am

know the stores price match/ beating the competition policy. Some stores will offer another 10% off if a competitor has a better deal on the same item. Unfortunately though, door busters are made for each company with little differences. ie. the model number might have an "s" at the end and one might have a "p" at the end. Thus no price matching. Even though the specs are the same. This year Im checking on financing matching. Most of the time stores hate to do this because its what there creditors offer to them. Best Buy here is doing 36 months but hhgregg is only doing 24 months. On a 90" tv 12 extra months can make a difference.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:00 pm

cmac1337 wrote:
iKitsune wrote:You still grill out? The dirty looks from everyone else in line were hilarious.

I have to ask, since I'm a one man band now a days for BF. Do you guys do the whole thanksgiving dinner (authentic silverware) and all in the tent?

kelly2
Black Friday Pro

Postby kelly2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm

cmac1337 wrote:

HA!!! That is awesome!

melblack1020
Black Friday Newbie

Postby melblack1020 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:20 pm

I know this says I am a newbie but my computer wont let me log into to my old account. I have been using this site for many many years and I am here to tell you "listen to what they say" I have learned so much.
When we go out it is always me, my husband and brother. We have a set time for each store and we don't exceed it. We spread out get what we need and have a meeting point and straight to the check out we go. Make sure you check the store times so you know what order and location you need to go in and don't veer off the beating path.
One year we took a friend who wanted to use the bathroom in every store we went to and wanted to look around :oops: Very bad idea. Even when you give the rules to someone else if they don't understand the game they can screw you up. Make sure you stay focused and good luck in your adventure.

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Postby iKitsune » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:00 pm

john.daggett wrote:
cmac1337 wrote:

I have to ask, since I'm a one man band now a days for BF. Do you guys do the whole thanksgiving dinner (authentic silverware) and all in the tent?

When I did it last, we had burgers and hot dogs on a fullsize propane grill. No one said anything about me parking a BBQ grill on the sidewalk, lol.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”