Kohls, never been on BF before. Tips Needed Quick

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

gregdpowell
Black Friday Newbie

Kohls, never been on BF before. Tips Needed Quick

Postby gregdpowell » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Hey Everyone,
So I usually BF shop at Walmart but this year I am going to Kohls to pick up some diamond earrings for my wife. They have a sweet deal on some 1ct for $699 and the Kohls cash back is awesome! My question is this to you who have been - what time should I go to Kohls?
It's 7pm here now and the store opens at midnight. Is this something I should already be in line for? Can I wait until around 10pm?

Thanks for the urgent advice!
Greg

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Kohls, never been on BF before. Tips Needed Quick

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:57 pm

i think you'll be fairly safe with the jewelry. just be prepared to wait awhile for someone to help you at the jewelry counter. HOWEVER, you will get to check out at the jewelry counter which will help you get out the door way faster than other people :)

i would say maybe 1-2 hours before opening and you shoudl be ok. people normally don't line up too early for kohls... at least not when they opened in the middle of the night. its just easier to get in and out faster if you get there right away.

gregdpowell
Black Friday Newbie

Postby gregdpowell » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Best Buy and Target seem like crazy lines this year. I drove my around noon and tons of people. I really think the value is in the Kohls cash. With a bigger purchase I can get quite a bit of Kohls Cash to buy more presents next week.

Thanks for the help.

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 pm

pick your item quick go to cashier or prepare to wait a longgggg time in line to pay lol i actually left last time i went when i hesitated it really depends on your kohls but mines pretty small.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:43 pm

gregdpowell wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Best Buy and Target seem like crazy lines this year. I drove my around noon and tons of people. I really think the value is in the Kohls cash. With a bigger purchase I can get quite a bit of Kohls Cash to buy more presents next week.

Thanks for the help.

yea that's why i like it. i shop at kohls a lot. so if i can get some free money, all the more better!

candycanegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby candycanegirl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:27 pm

I wouldn't attempt the store, when they have all the BF deals available online.

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 am

Agree with above..you can actually get them Wednesday online and get the Kohls cash still. Easy Breezy!!

pcmiller25
Black Friday Newbie

Postby pcmiller25 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 am

you can hold things for 24 hrs at kohls,soooooo go shopping wednesday and have them hold your items at courtesy desk or jewelry theyll hold behind jewelry counter, and bring your license so can apply for credit card and that way can skip the long line

paula

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 pm

I see this thread is old, but for any other novice Kohl's shoppers, you don't need to doorbust Kohl's. They have plenty of stock. You can go in a 8:00am Friday morning and, unless you're going for some specialty item that they only stock on black Friday, they'll have some in stock. If not on the shelf, they'll have it in the back.

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:10 pm

When I was there I remember the cheap digital cameras/video cameras and like the comforters were being snatched up quickly.

And then all the digital cameras/video cameras were returned because they were pieces of shit.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

caravaggio wrote:When I was there I remember the cheap digital cameras/video cameras and like the comforters were being snatched up quickly.

And then all the digital cameras/video cameras were returned because they were pieces of shit.

Lolz Pizza Sh!t !

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:35 am

The last time I did Kohls for BF the jewelry counter was doing the "take a number" thing. Seemed to work BUT sometimes the number ahead of you got the item you wanted.

My strategy once I found what I wanted was to stand in front of it and not move so no one else could see it. :lol:

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”