Which Kohls BF Tablet is the better deal?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

kurthi
Black Friday Newbie

Which Kohls BF Tablet is the better deal?

Postby kurthi » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Kohls is offering two different tablets on BF. With the extra 15% off coupon + a $10 off $50 coupon and the Kohls cash, I'm going with one of them. I am looking for a cheap tablet that my 3 1/2 year old daughter can play games on and watch videos on. I would go for the leap pad, but the costs of their apps and games make it ridiculous.

The Polaroid is $99 after MIR. Here is a video of what I believe is the unit, but a german version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoWINUZBq4M

The Pandigital Planet is $139 after MIR. I believe this is the unit on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pandigital-Androi ... =de_a_smtd

Any help would be great. If either is easy to root, I'm up for that as well.

Defense
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Which Kohls BF Tablet is the better deal?

Postby Defense » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:42 pm

The Polaroid 10.1 would be your best deal if you want a 10.1 tablet and you have the 15% off code...you'll get 15% off plus $30 in Kohls cash AND this model has some AWESOME specs to it...I ordered it and hope to god I am happy with it :)

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Defense wrote:The Polaroid 10.1 would be your best deal if you want a 10.1 tablet and you have the 15% off code...you'll get 15% off plus $30 in Kohls cash AND this model has some AWESOME specs to it...I ordered it and hope to god I am happy with it :)

What are the awesome specs you're talking about? I just looked up the specs and well, yes I can see why this is one of the cheap tablets.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Defense
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Defense » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Well, I am not looking to run the country with this thing :) but the specs I like are:

1GHz processor, 1GB ddr3 ram, 8gb storage expandable to 32gb, Ice cream sandwich (which is what I need, not Jellybean)...and I paid under 125 for it and getting another 30 to spend at the store??? Sounds good to me.

It will do exactly what I need it to do AND most models like this only have access to Getjar, not Googleplay store...this one has access to Googleplay and you don't have to go in and mess around with any downloading or settings. Maybe it's just me, but I don't need a Samsung or an iPad when this will do what I need it for. Probably others too.
Last edited by Defense on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Defense wrote:Well, I am not looking to run the country with this thing :) but the specs I like are:

1GHz processor, 4GB ddr3 ram, 4gb storage expandable to 32gb, Ice cream sandwich (which is what I need, not Jellybean)...and I paid under 125 for it and getting another 30 to spend at the store??? Sounds good to me.

It will do exactly what I need it to do AND most models like this only have access to Getjar, not Googleplay store...this one has access to Googleplay and you don't have to go in and mess around with any downloading or settings. Maybe it's just me, but I don't need a Samsung or an iPad when this will do what I need it for. Probably others too.

But if you need a low-end tablet like this, you may be better off waiting and getting one from 1saleaday or Bens Outlet. I bought a bunch of these low end tablets from there over the summer for less than $50 each. I rooted them and resold them and made a profit. You can get these cheap tablets all year from sites like that. May wanna consider it. :)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Defense
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Defense » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

But I don't want to buy one that's a 'resell'. I don't want to root it myself, I don't want to wait...I think my final price was about 122, and then 30 bucks back in Kohl's cash to buy more stuff...since I need it now, I'll spend the money on a new one now, not one that's been rooted, and that way if I really don't like it, back it goes without a hassle. I appreciate your insight, but I have a feeling this is the best deal for me at this point.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”