Smart phone app

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Re: Smart phone app

Postby pandagirl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 pm

So after I get the app and everything else all loaded into my phone, what do I do? I drop it in the toilet. Fabulous. Now I'm stuck with a SEVERELY old phone that can barely text for another month when we can upgrade. I guess I won't be able to utilize the app on bf! Oh well. Next year!

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10780
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Smart phone app

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:27 am

pandagirl wrote:So after I get the app and everything else all loaded into my phone, what do I do? I drop it in the toilet. Fabulous. Now I'm stuck with a SEVERELY old phone that can barely text for another month when we can upgrade. I guess I won't be able to utilize the app on bf! Oh well. Next year!


Get a new phone off of Craigslist, don't wait to upgrade. If you upgrade, you renew a contract.

We've not renewed our contract in over 8 years. We buy our phones from Craigslist and have them activated. That way we're not locked into a contract through a carrier. The best part is we have unlimited data, not the 2gb cap they impose on everyone now because we're grandfathered in.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Re: Smart phone app

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:46 pm

I have the unlimited plan and won't lose it when we renew. They're going to let us keep it. I'm always terrified of buying a phone off craigslist! I don't know why! What if I get a piece of crap? I guess I could just buy another then.

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10780
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Smart phone app

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:13 pm

pandagirl wrote:I have the unlimited plan and won't lose it when we renew. They're going to let us keep it. I'm always terrified of buying a phone off craigslist! I don't know why! What if I get a piece of crap? I guess I could just buy another then.


Well you have to meet the person to pick up the item and pay for it. If you get there and don't like it, you're not obligated to pay for it and take it.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Re: Smart phone app

Postby pandagirl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm going to look into this tonight. Thanks!

User avatar
angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:32 am
Location: Northwestern WI
Contact:

Re: Smart phone app

Postby angel_of_oz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 pm

soooooo....I must be dense. I found it right away on my phone but can't find it in the market on the tablet. hmmmm

User avatar
micknkids
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:42 am
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida

Re: Smart phone app

Postby micknkids » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:52 pm

angel_of_oz wrote:soooooo....I must be dense. I found it right away on my phone but can't find it in the market on the tablet. hmmmm


Me either, I've searched everywhere. I have a 10" Eken T10 (aka Motorola Xoom).

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10780
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Smart phone app

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:48 pm

micknkids wrote:
angel_of_oz wrote:soooooo....I must be dense. I found it right away on my phone but can't find it in the market on the tablet. hmmmm


Me either, I've searched everywhere. I have a 10" Eken T10 (aka Motorola Xoom).



From what I've read, these are Chinese tablets that are sold cheap in the US. If that's the case, then your tablet may have the Chinese version of the Android Market. If that's the case and is true in your circumstance, then you're not going to be able to download US apps from the Android Market unless you root your device and install a US based Android OS on your device. If you do that, then you'll have the American version of the market and be able to get the good apps!

Then again if you already have the US version of the Android Market, then this post is pointless.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
micknkids
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:42 am
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida

Re: Smart phone app

Postby micknkids » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:05 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
micknkids wrote:
angel_of_oz wrote:soooooo....I must be dense. I found it right away on my phone but can't find it in the market on the tablet. hmmmm


Me either, I've searched everywhere. I have a 10" Eken T10 (aka Motorola Xoom).



From what I've read, these are Chinese tablets that are sold cheap in the US. If that's the case, then your tablet may have the Chinese version of the Android Market. If that's the case and is true in your circumstance, then you're not going to be able to download US apps from the Android Market unless you root your device and install a US based Android OS on your device. If you do that, then you'll have the American version of the market and be able to get the good apps!

Then again if you already have the US version of the Android Market, then this post is pointless.


My tab. was rooted before I bought it, got it from an American dealer. I have Google Play Store, as well as Amazon App Store. Not sure why I can't find this app :(

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10780
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Smart phone app

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:35 am

micknkids wrote:My tab. was rooted before I bought it, got it from an American dealer. I have Google Play Store, as well as Amazon App Store. Not sure why I can't find this app :(


Are you sure you have the American version of Google Play though? Just because you got it from an American dealer doesn't mean it has the American version of the Google Play on it. Can you get every other common app on it? Try to see if you can get ESPN's app. That's a good way to tell.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
micknkids
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:42 am
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida

Re: Smart phone app

Postby micknkids » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:40 am

teknoge3k wrote:
micknkids wrote:My tab. was rooted before I bought it, got it from an American dealer. I have Google Play Store, as well as Amazon App Store. Not sure why I can't find this app :(


Are you sure you have the American version of Google Play though? Just because you got it from an American dealer doesn't mean it has the American version of the Google Play on it. Can you get every other common app on it? Try to see if you can get ESPN's app. That's a good way to tell.



Which one? When I searched for ESPN it gave me 6 options to choose from. And yes I can get most other apps with no problem.

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10780
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Smart phone app

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Hum... I dunno then?
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
micknkids
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:42 am
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida

Re: Smart phone app

Postby micknkids » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:19 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Hum... I dunno then?


ok then :lol:

BTW: Love your avatar

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10780
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Smart phone app

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 am

micknkids wrote:
ok then :lol:

BTW: Love your avatar



Thank you! :P
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10780
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Smart phone app

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:52 pm

kmwjdizlh wrote:I feel so left out, I cant find it anywhere!! Can someone PLEASE help!!



You posed this elsewhere, and I answered there.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k


Return to “Suggestions and Tips”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashwinmandha and 2 guests