Smart phone app

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

User avatar
packers
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Postby packers » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:48 pm

There are other things on the app. It has a map where you can see other people with the app around you. It has pictures and the ability to have your shopping list with you.

The best part is the RSS feed. It picks up the feed from all the BF sites and you can set it up to alarm when a new ad is added so you can get it before it is gone. That is the part I had to shut off every night so that it didn't go off at 3:00 a.m. again and wake my husband. :lol:

User avatar
iamkristen
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Postby iamkristen » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 pm

packers wrote:There are other things on the app. It has a map where you can see other people with the app around you. It has pictures and the ability to have your shopping list with you.

The best part is the RSS feed. It picks up the feed from all the BF sites and you can set it up to alarm when a new ad is added so you can get it before it is gone. That is the part I had to shut off every night so that it didn't go off at 3:00 a.m. again and wake my husband. :lol:


Where can I find it!?

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10876
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:52 am

Just to update you all....


I just submitted an app to the Android Market. Once approved (usually 14-21 days), it'll be available for download.

It's nothing too fancy, just the ad scans, a link to each forum, the ads, and anything that comes from bfads.net (it pulls from their rss)

Once it's available I'll let everyone know. I always welcome feedback and if there's anything you'd like to see added to it, let me know.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Postby pandagirl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 am

teknoge3k wrote:Just to update you all....


I just submitted an app to the Android Market. Once approved (usually 14-21 days), it'll be available for download.

It's nothing too fancy, just the ad scans, a link to each forum, the ads, and anything that comes from bfads.net (it pulls from their rss)

Once it's available I'll let everyone know. I always welcome feedback and if there's anything you'd like to see added to it, let me know.


Can't wait to get it!!

User avatar
Rendi2
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:52 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Rendi2 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:30 am

So, 2 years ago...I wanted one for Android....only available on iphone. Now, I want one on iphone....and there's one on Android? Why does it always work out that way for me?

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10876
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:58 am

Rendi2 wrote:So, 2 years ago...I wanted one for Android....only available on iphone. Now, I want one on iphone....and there's one on Android? Why does it always work out that way for me?


There is an app for the iPhone already.

HOWEVER, the app I submitted was also submitted for the iPhone.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
hays4cat
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:55 am
Location: Corinth, MS

Postby hays4cat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:27 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Just to update you all....


I just submitted an app to the Android Market. Once approved (usually 14-21 days), it'll be available for download.

It's nothing too fancy, just the ad scans, a link to each forum, the ads, and anything that comes from bfads.net (it pulls from their rss)

Once it's available I'll let everyone know. I always welcome feedback and if there's anything you'd like to see added to it, let me know.



I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

User avatar
luckycharms38
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Michigan

Postby luckycharms38 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:57 pm

hays4cat wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Just to update you all....


I just submitted an app to the Android Market. Once approved (usually 14-21 days), it'll be available for download.

It's nothing too fancy, just the ad scans, a link to each forum, the ads, and anything that comes from bfads.net (it pulls from their rss)

Once it's available I'll let everyone know. I always welcome feedback and if there's anything you'd like to see added to it, let me know.



I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!


I have to second this!!!

User avatar
robert_cowper
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Kenilworth, NJ

Postby robert_cowper » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:02 pm

luckycharms38 wrote:
hays4cat wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Just to update you all....


I just submitted an app to the Android Market. Once approved (usually 14-21 days), it'll be available for download.

It's nothing too fancy, just the ad scans, a link to each forum, the ads, and anything that comes from bfads.net (it pulls from their rss)

Once it's available I'll let everyone know. I always welcome feedback and if there's anything you'd like to see added to it, let me know.



I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!


I have to second this!!!


3rd

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10876
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks :oops:

Like I said, it's nothing extravagant but it's an app! lol

I'll let y'all know when I get the approval email.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1201
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Postby GinaBeana87 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:09 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Thanks :oops:

Like I said, it's nothing extravagant but it's an app! lol

I'll let y'all know when I get the approval email.


Yay!! So happy!!!!

User avatar
Rendi2
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:52 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Rendi2 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:55 pm

I know there was an iphone app a couple of years ago, but I can't find the one for bfads.net in the app store....I will look for the new one!

User avatar
steffj89
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4288
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: OK
Contact:

Postby steffj89 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:06 pm

the i phone app was called bfdeals if I remember right and mike toolz was the one who wrote it I think.
steff

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10876
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:35 pm

The BFAds app for Android (and iPhone) has been released today. It's in the Android market as "BFAdsNET".

I do know this has the "off topic" on there twice. This is version 1.0 so I am looking at what I messed up on, and suggestions from you guys as to what to put in version 1.1. Let me know what you think!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
Rendi2
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:52 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Rendi2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Cool! Will go look now. Finally found old one but it has an issue loading something.


Return to “Suggestions and Tips”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest