Waiting in line

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

thatwazmysn
Black Friday Pro

Waiting in line

Postby thatwazmysn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:04 pm

For people who want to be on line on Thanksgiving night so they can be the first ones there when the store opens at 4am, how do they go to the bathroom if they are alone? Or is it a good idea to go with a friend so you both can hold each others spot to use the bathroom?

shanyo76
Black Friday Pro

Re: Waiting in line

Postby shanyo76 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:59 pm

thatwazmysn wrote:For people who want to be on line on Thanksgiving night so they can be the first ones there when the store opens at 4am, how do they go to the bathroom if they are alone? Or is it a good idea to go with a friend so you both can hold each others spot to use the bathroom?

You bring a friend or you hold it.

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Or make friends with the people in front or behind you. I'm sure they won't mind giving you your spot back if you go potty.
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

luckycharms38
Black Friday Pro

Postby luckycharms38 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm

PokeMeg wrote:Or make friends with the people in front or behind you. I'm sure they won't mind giving you your spot back if you go potty.

I do this every year, and if it's a 24 hour store I also offer to hold their spot if they want to go pick up some of the other items you can grab early and they have always returned the favor to me!

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:50 pm

the buddy system always works out well for me. Usually if you are alone the people around are nice enough to hold your spot if you need a break.

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:14 pm

This is a little off topic for what the original poster asked, but do we all know the rules for waiting in line? If you don't or are unsure, please educate yourself.

Last year we drove up to Kohl's 2 1/2 hours before open, and all that was out there was an empty chair. That's it. We pulled up at the same time with another car, and everyone got out at the same time. We ended up 2nd in line (big loss right lol) behind the girls who showed up with us. Well 30 minutes later, the owner of the chair showed up and was stunned, STUNNED that people had dared to cut in front of her chair while she was AWOL.

For what it's worth: Part of the fun/challenge of waiting in line on Black Friday is WAITING IN THE LINE. You can't throw a sock down and claim the spot while you go back home to bed. Needless to say the woman griped for the next 2 hours until I finally turned around and told her "YOU'RE 3rd! What are you not going to get in the store that you would have if you were FIRST? If it makes a big enough deal, I'll throw your chair in before us, but then you'll be 4th!"

thatwazmysn
Black Friday Pro

Postby thatwazmysn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm new to this doorbuster thing. If we're one of the first ones to get in, do we get to buy more than one doorbuster item or are you limited to only one?

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 pm

thatwazmysn wrote:I'm new to this doorbuster thing. If we're one of the first ones to get in, do we get to buy more than one doorbuster item or are you limited to only one?

Some places have rules on how many you can get. HOwever Wal Mart has been telling there empoyess here that if the first person ask for 10 and that all they have then that person can buy all 10.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:15 pm

thatwazmysn wrote:I'm new to this doorbuster thing. If we're one of the first ones to get in, do we get to buy more than one doorbuster item or are you limited to only one?

You can buy as much as your little plastic buggy can carry! However, some stores limit a certain number PER ITEM, but you can fill your buggy up.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

elle_fleur
Black Friday Pro

Postby elle_fleur » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:00 am

drinkgreen wrote:This is a little off topic for what the original poster asked, but do we all know the rules for waiting in line? If you don't or are unsure, please educate yourself.

Last year we drove up to Kohl's 2 1/2 hours before open, and all that was out there was an empty chair. That's it. We pulled up at the same time with another car, and everyone got out at the same time. We ended up 2nd in line (big loss right lol) behind the girls who showed up with us. Well 30 minutes later, the owner of the chair showed up and was stunned, STUNNED that people had dared to cut in front of her chair while she was AWOL.

For what it's worth: Part of the fun/challenge of waiting in line on Black Friday is WAITING IN THE LINE. You can't throw a sock down and claim the spot while you go back home to bed. Needless to say the woman griped for the next 2 hours until I finally turned around and told her "YOU'RE 3rd! What are you not going to get in the store that you would have if you were FIRST? If it makes a big enough deal, I'll throw your chair in before us, but then you'll be 4th!"

"you can't throw down a sock..." that's funny :)

shanyo76
Black Friday Pro

Postby shanyo76 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 am

drinkgreen wrote:This is a little off topic for what the original poster asked, but do we all know the rules for waiting in line? If you don't or are unsure, please educate yourself.

LOL! This happened last year at Best Buy too! My husband got in line at 7pm on Thanksgiving night and he was 8th in line. There were 2 lawn chairs sitting there and had been for several hours apparently, according to the first 7 in line. The chair owners showed up around MIDNIGHT (by then the line was wrapped around the building) and a fight almost broke out because their chairs had been moved out of the way and nobody would let them cut. What were they thinking?

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:18 am

shanyo76 wrote:

LOL! This happened last year at Best Buy too! My husband got in line at 7pm on Thanksgiving night and he was 8th in line. There were 2 lawn chairs sitting there and had been for several hours apparently, according to the first 7 in line. The chair owners showed up around MIDNIGHT (by then the line was wrapped around the building) and a fight almost broke out because their chairs had been moved out of the way and nobody would let them cut. What were they thinking?

I hope this wasn't in a state with a concealed gun law...
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:37 am

shanyo76 wrote:

I would have lined up behind the chair and waited an certain amount of time (maybe they did go to use the rest room). If they didn't show back up, maybe in 30 minutes then all bets are off & I would have moved ahead of their chair.

LostYoMind
Black Friday Pro

Postby LostYoMind » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:35 pm

I get there at about 7 p.m. and don't use the bathroom until I'm back in my house the next day. Finally my fear of public restrooms has paid off.... i can now hold it like a champ!

Awesomeness101
Black Friday Pro

Postby Awesomeness101 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:39 pm

My Target is connected to a mall so they open the bathroom of the mall for us to use.

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”