Any tips for the very pregnant Black Friday Shopper?

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderator: ikey2

Suzapaloooza
Black Friday Pro

Any tips for the very pregnant Black Friday Shopper?

Postby Suzapaloooza » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:38 pm

I am going to be close to the end of my pregnancy with my first child on BF. Have any of you ladies gone out on BF super pregnant? I'm kind of nervous, but I don't want to give up any possible baby item deals if I feel up to shopping. :)

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:42 pm

I've never been pregnant...let alone gone BF shopping as such...but if you are just looking for baby items (clothes?) and not big ticket items, you might be able to go after the store has opened and miss the rush... But then again, what do I know? Why am I responding? Guess I'm just feeling chatty tonight :P

Suzapaloooza
Black Friday Pro

Postby Suzapaloooza » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:45 pm

I'll be sad if I miss the rush. My husband and I have been debating since July as to whether or not I will be "up for it." At least I have him to go after a deal on a video camera. Thanks for your thoughts!

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Suzapaloooza wrote:I'll be sad if I miss the rush. My husband and I have been debating since July as to whether or not I will be "up for it." At least I have him to go after a deal on a video camera. Thanks for your thoughts!

lol maybe since you'll be super pregnant you can get one of those motorized carts and run over everyone!!!

Suzapaloooza
Black Friday Pro

Postby Suzapaloooza » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:53 pm

I think you may be on to something there! After all, this is the only day of the year no one cares if you are pregnant, elderly, or disabled, they are out to get deals on their stuff. :)

redkel
Black Friday Pro

Postby redkel » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:56 pm

I did BF2005 pregnant...only about 20 weeks pregnant, but preggers nonetheless.

I went with my sister and we established a divide and conquer strategy, which worked for us. We had a combined list with our sought after items and each took responsibility for getting those items.

You'll definitely need a shopping buddy...whether that's your hubby or not -- entirely up to you. Mine would run screaming into the cold, dark night before he agreed to shop with me on BF as he has to work it every year.

Be CAREFUL, though. There are those that think BF is an excuse to discard the rules of common courtesy and human decency.

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:15 am

I went with a friend one year who was about 7 months. Basically she manned the cart and me and my sister did the running. She was also great for standing in the lines for the big ticket items we needed while the rest of us ran around and got the small stuff. Please becareful though because people are crazy!!

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:24 am

I went 6 months pregnant 2 years ago. This year I will be 8 months :D

Just make sure you bring lots of snacks and rest when you can. Don't be afraid to stick your belly out there. You'd be surprised how nice people are. But then again, watch yourself in the herds. I agree on not shopping alone. You need a body guard in case someone gets rough with you.

nakeya
Black Friday Pro

Be Careful.

Postby nakeya » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:44 am

Please be careful, remember a few years ago a grown man was killed by the stampeed in Walmart. If you don't need any big ticket items, you may be able to just go early, but not super early and avoid the crazies.

Nicm15
Black Friday Pro

Postby Nicm15 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Yes, please be careful! I remember seeing a news report on youtube about a pregnant woman being knocked down on Black Friday one year, no one bothered to help her. People are animals on Black Friday. I am one myself but I can't see myself being that crazy.

Suzapaloooza
Black Friday Pro

Postby Suzapaloooza » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:08 pm

I will be careful. Thanks! It should be interesting to say the least!!

alondra21
Black Friday Pro

Postby alondra21 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Nicm15 wrote:Yes, please be careful! I remember seeing a news report on youtube about a pregnant woman being knocked down on Black Friday one year, no one bothered to help her. People are animals on Black Friday. I am one myself but I can't see myself being that crazy.

I remember that story too, and I heard that the lady had to go to the hospital afterwards. So, just be very careful and make sure to take someone big with you so that you have some protection. Being either in front or close to the line before getting in the store is always dangerous cause your getting pushed by a mob that is literally breathing down your neck.

ekgboom
Black Friday Pro

Postby ekgboom » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:37 pm

I would also advise missing the rush. Last year I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and went to Wal-Mart at about 9:00 BF morning. They still had some stuff and I was able to price match with some other things I wanted. It wasn't that bad. I am super excited to get back out there this year though (without my HUGE belly!!!).

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:40 pm

I have gone pregnant and have gone with a 1 month old strapped to my front...lol! (And a 3 month old one year) I have 3 kids so run the gamut. I don't live in an urban area though so really it isn't mega-crazy here. No one would stampede and kill someone or knock over a pregnant lady or the crowd would totally turn on whoever the offenders were. I only hit 3-5 stores personally and I never have a "must" have that I would want to "kill myself" over not scoring. LOL! I want a lot of the doorbuster, surely, but I feel like if I miss out on one deal, all the more fun in looking for the next one.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:23 pm

I dont know f its because of the area I am in or what....I went 2 years ago 8 mos preg and had the BEST day. People were sooo nice to me, and I got everything I went for for sure....
I dont know that everywhere would be like that, but we are in Arkansas and in general I believe Fayetteville to be one of the friendliest places in the US.
Steff

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”