I need someones opinion that has BOUGHT on Black Friday.

All Site Suggestions or General Black Friday Tips

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

eddiethegreat
Black Friday Newbie

I need someones opinion that has BOUGHT on Black Friday.

Postby eddiethegreat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:46 pm

So this is going to be my 1st year to go to black friday, well some what, i went last year but i didnt really go to buy stuff so i didnt really care to look around and just bought a stupid movie lol. So this year now that i finally have money i am planning to buy a plasma tv, but i wanna get a 60inc or so. Not under 55'' but i dont wanna spend more than $1,100. Can someone help me out. Like would i find what im looking for for that much. a 60inc tv for atleast $1,100? Im planning to either go to walmart or best buy, i have a gut feeling that i should go to best buy but im not the expert lol. So help me out ppl that have shop on black friday day. Oh yea 1 more thing. DO I REALLY have to wait in line for like 4 hours or can i come when they open, i so hope that they dont run out of plasma tvs lol. That just sounds funny. But yea

PLEASE some 1 help me out....

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:39 pm

If you want a tv from best buy, you need to get in line on Tuesday.

I'm not even kidding.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

svngpvtry
Black Friday Pro

Postby svngpvtry » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Honestly you I believe you are not going to have much success finding 60" for <$1100. Most of the BF TVs that are really good prices are going to be under 50" and the hot deals on Plasmas are most likely to be in the 50" size since that has seen the biggest price drop this year. While I am not saying it will be impossible you might want to open up your mind to a few more options like say, "the best tv I can get for $1100. If you do that I have a feeling you will walk away with some extra cash and still have plenty of TV for your needs. Coming from someone with lots and lots of TVs and electronics trust me when I say no matter how big you get you will always want bigger unless you are putting it in a small room.

All in all I hope you open up your mind to other options and good luck on BF.

Oh and for the really good electronic deals you need to get in line, depending on the store plan on 4-24 hours in advance. Best Buy you better plan on 24+hours if your TV that you want is a doorbuster. If its not there is a chance (especially in the higher priced sets) that your TV will still be there for a couple hours after opening.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: I need someones opinion that has BOUGHT on Black Friday.

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:28 pm

eddiethegreat wrote:So this is going to be my 1st year to go to black friday, well some what, i went last year but i didnt really go to buy stuff so i didnt really care to look around and just bought a stupid movie lol. So this year now that i finally have money i am planning to buy a plasma tv, but i wanna get a 60inc or so. Not under 55'' but i dont wanna spend more than $1,100. Can someone help me out. Like would i find what im looking for for that much. a 60inc tv for atleast $1,100? Im planning to either go to walmart or best buy, i have a gut feeling that i should go to best buy but im not the expert lol. So help me out ppl that have shop on black friday day. Oh yea 1 more thing. DO I REALLY have to wait in line for like 4 hours or can i come when they open, i so hope that they dont run out of plasma tvs lol. That just sounds funny. But yea

PLEASE some 1 help me out....

No you don't REALLY have to wait in line 4 hours at Best Buy for doorbusters. You REALLY have to wait in line around 34 hours. However, I hate Best Buy and would never go there. HHGregg will beat their price!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

eddiethegreat
Black Friday Newbie

Postby eddiethegreat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 pm

svngpvtry wrote:Honestly you I believe you are not going to have much success finding 60" for <$1100. Most of the BF TVs that are really good prices are going to be under 50" and the hot deals on Plasmas are most likely to be in the 50" size since that has seen the biggest price drop this year. While I am not saying it will be impossible you might want to open up your mind to a few more options like say, "the best tv I can get for $1100. If you do that I have a feeling you will walk away with some extra cash and still have plenty of TV for your needs. Coming from someone with lots and lots of TVs and electronics trust me when I say no matter how big you get you will always want bigger unless you are putting it in a small room.

Oh and for the really good electronic deals you need to get in line, depending on the store plan on 4-24 hours in advance. Best Buy you better plan on 24+hours if your TV that you want is a doorbuster. If its not there is a chance (especially in the higher priced sets) that your TV will still be there for a couple hours after opening.

Wow you just killed it for me lol. I was really hoping that i might find something or what i was looking for. You see the plasma i wanted to get was for my living room. But i guess not. I was looking at the BB ad from last year and they had a 55'' plasma for i think 798 and i think that was really good so i think ill settle for that and may-b a laptop. Cause really im not looking for more than just that. .But if its not possible i guess i can just settle for that may-b plus taxes are probably going to be crazy lol. Damn that sucks, and about the LINE waitting. WWOOWW looks like i might have to think about it twice because i was planning to be inl line around may-b 12 or 1 lol. My store opens up at 4am, i live in chicago. But i guess may-b this time ill just line up around 10. Hopefully that will work but yea i doubt it lol But is best buy a good place 2 go 2? or walmart is another choice?

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Walmart and Best buy can be equal in craziness, especially if you're in a major city. As far as the waiting in line goes, it comes with the territory. Either you wait for 12 hours (or whatever the time may be) or you risk not getting what you want. TV's and laptops are always big sellers, and limited in quantity. The bigger the tv, the less they will have in stock. If the ad says minimum 10 per store, they may have 11. But hey for me waiting in line is half the fun!!
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

svngpvtry
Black Friday Pro

Postby svngpvtry » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:24 pm

The truth is that none of us know what may happen. The market for a 60" TV is much much smaller than say the 32-47" TVs so you may very well find one. If you see something you like in the 60" range then you can certainly ask and find out more about the deal and when you should go. Some stores do not have much of a line because of their limited doorbusters. We walked into our walmart about an hour early and got every single thing we wanted plus another $1000 worth of crap we didnt need lol. None of us are psychic so who knows what the ads will have. But we should know in the next 60 days or so.

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 pm

You should not always depend on Black Friday to have the "best" deals. Last year I bought a 55" LCD Sony + PlayStation 3 + one game for just under $1000. They also had 3 years no interest as well which helped a lot.

I doubt you would be able to find a 60+ inch TV for $1100 for Black Friday.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:55 pm

I have always gotten BETTER TV deals in February - the weekend before the SuperBowl.
Plus that is the time of year when the manufactures dump the older models for new ones.

Poor_Guy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Poor_Guy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:58 am

XmasDVD wrote:I have always gotten BETTER TV deals in February - the weekend before the SuperBowl.
Plus that is the time of year when the manufactures dump the older models for new ones.

Plus 1 for this. I see more deals before superbowl. Id say your going to have to wait and see the ads for any deals. We really can't say yes or no, cause you never know! But I do know/have seen its smaller then what you want that are the bigger/most deals in those types.

Matt1981m
Black Friday Pro

Postby Matt1981m » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 am

as it has been said by others 4hrs is NOT enough for BF...it doesnt really matter what store you are talking about...I am lucky and the longest I have ever had to wait was 17 hrs, and I have done 10 straight BF's at my local BB, and the 5 previous years at random stores in my area. I am usually one of the 1st 5 people... so if you want to save some bucks on a tv, be prepared to camp out... there are many threads here that talk about what you can do to combat the weather. I don't know where you live, but the further away you are from a major city you are, the shorter wait time in line you will probably have...here is my usual setup...keep in mind that I live in Iowa, and have been exposed to blizzard (yes blizzard...complete whiteout and 40mph winds with temps below zero) and even freezing rain throughout the past 15 years...

get one of the folding chairs (the new style ones in the bags...) with the sling for your feet on it and get a sleeping bag...you stay up off the pavement and will be nice and toasty...take a small cooler for "beverages" of your choice..(alcohol not recommended..) and a thermos full of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate...

i cannot stress this next part enough!!! make friends with the people in line around you and they will save your spot if you have to make a run to the bathroom or if you want to get coffee or something...also it is a good idea if they drink the same, to get some for them and trade off... If you want more than one of the big ticket items, they can grab one of them for you if they don't want it...you can do the same for them...in 2009 i was able to get 5 of the 197 hp laptop when my store only had 15 because I make friends with the people I am in line with...this works really well if you have someone near you that is there with family. they will want one or 2 of the big items max, and if there are 3+ people...JACKPOT!!!

if you have a lot of friends that are lazy but still want stuff, take advantage of it like I do...get stuff for them and charge them a couple bucks for your time in line...if someone saves 300+ on an item and they dont have sit in line for 15+hrs in harsh conditions, they are pretty willing to kick you 40 or so...

if you do camp out, just "pack" as lightly as possible so you have enough room for the goodies the next morning!

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Recently there have been deals as good as or better than Black Friday in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, that's your best bet!
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:27 pm

eddiethegreat wrote:
svngpvtry wrote:Honestly you I believe you are not going to have much success finding 60" for <$1100. Most of the BF TVs that are really good prices are going to be under 50" and the hot deals on Plasmas are most likely to be in the 50" size since that has seen the biggest price drop this year. While I am not saying it will be impossible you might want to open up your mind to a few more options like say, "the best tv I can get for $1100. If you do that I have a feeling you will walk away with some extra cash and still have plenty of TV for your needs. Coming from someone with lots and lots of TVs and electronics trust me when I say no matter how big you get you will always want bigger unless you are putting it in a small room.

Wow you just killed it for me lol. I was really hoping that i might find something or what i was looking for. You see the plasma i wanted to get was for my living room. But i guess not. I was looking at the BB ad from last year and they had a 55'' plasma for i think 798 and i think that was really good so i think ill settle for that and may-b a laptop. Cause really im not looking for more than just that. .But if its not possible i guess i can just settle for that may-b plus taxes are probably going to be crazy lol. Damn that sucks, and about the LINE waitting. WWOOWW looks like i might have to think about it twice because i was planning to be inl line around may-b 12 or 1 lol. My store opens up at 4am, i live in chicago. But i guess may-b this time ill just line up around 10. Hopefully that will work but yea i doubt it lol But is best buy a good place 2 go 2? or walmart is another choice?

getting a laptop is probably worst than a tv from what i've seen in the last couple of years.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:17 pm

PEOPLE WHO CAMP OUT - what do you with your stuff when the store opens? Have you already taken everything back to your car or do you just leave it outside while shopping? I always wondered about that.

Matt1981m
Black Friday Pro

Postby Matt1981m » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:50 am

XmasDVD wrote:PEOPLE WHO CAMP OUT - what do you with your stuff when the store opens? Have you already taken everything back to your car or do you just leave it outside while shopping? I always wondered about that.

we take our camping gear to the car about 45 min before the store opens usually...

Return to “Suggestions and Tips”