Black Friday dying??????

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

Alias33
Black Friday Pro

Black Friday dying??????

Postby Alias33 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Think about it for a minute. There maybe some truth to the matter. If these stores keep opening up earlier and earlier, like some are doing this year. Let me give an example, OLD NAVY is opening up this year at 3 am, Kohl's is opening up at 4am. What is next 12 am or 11pm Thanksgiving day or earlier, then technically there will be no reason for it to be called Black Friday. Technically it's gonna eventually be called Black Thanksgiving. There are starting to take the fun out of black friday if they keep opening earlier and earlier. What is the use to stay out all night and get to experiece the fun if the stores start opening up on Thanksgiving day. That is the fun part of BF, the staying up all night and anticipating the rush. That is why I think BF is almost dead. Eventually if one store starts oepning up early and earlier then another will follow or open up even earlier. :cry:

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Re: Black Friday dying??????

Postby nikol0304 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Alias33 wrote:Think about it for a minute. There maybe some truth to the matter. If these stores keep opening up earlier and earlier, like some are doing this year. Let me give an example, OLD NAVY is opening up this year at 3 am, Kohl's is opening up at 4am. What is next 12 am or 11pm Thanksgiving day or earlier, then technically there will be no reason for it to be called Black Friday. Technically it's gonna eventually be called Black Thanksgiving. There are starting to take the fun out of black friday if they keep opening earlier and earlier. What is the use to stay out all night and get to experiece the fun if the stores start opening up on Thanksgiving day. That is the fun part of BF, the staying up all night and anticipating the rush. That is why I think BF is almost dead. Eventually if one store starts oepning up early and earlier then another will follow or open up even earlier. :cry:

Well it does have to stop somewhere...lol.

But IF your theory is true...heck...it might be beneficial to us! Black Friday all year long!

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:08 pm

How about Wal-Mart staying open all night?!?! Im surprised that more stores aren't following their lead but I'm also glad that they aren't. Oh well I'll take it in while I can!!

ihop0
Black Friday Pro

Postby ihop0 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:57 am

YA BLACK FRIDAY ALL YEAR!!

bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigevv » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:41 am

So you are saying that too much Black Friday is a bad thing?

I think Black Friday is dying for other reasons. Mainly because there are fewer and fewer good deals out there because of less competition.

bigdog6374
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigdog6374 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 pm

If you want to get technical Black Friday has been dead for a few years now. It's long been known that the Saturday before Christmas passed Black Friday as the busiest shopping day of the year.

The problem with Black Friday is all anyone is looking for is electronic stuff like DVD Players, TV's, Computers, etc..... At some point most people are already gonna have one of each of those. So really the consumer and their way of thinking is what killed Black Friday not the lack of deals or the economy.

tha_kid
Black Friday Pro

Postby tha_kid » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:49 pm

this sucks I remember in 2007 that laptop at bestbuy for 229 with free printer and the desktop for 199 that was the true black friday.
but not anymore and then bestbuy conplains these days that nobody buys anything anymore its because of the deals they put out they suck..

lil_Jean
Black Friday Pro

Postby lil_Jean » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 pm

I bet it will be like old times once the economy comes back...however if the economy dies, bf may be screwed too. :P
The BFAds Oath: On my honour I promise that I will do my best to do my duty to bfads, and to the members of its forum to cause lots of trouble, keeping its admin on their toes, and to the live by its Mischievous Law.

thatoneguy
Black Friday Pro

Postby thatoneguy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:43 am

stores are already opening up at midnight and some walmarts were already open 24 hours. I know for the last couple of years I have went to wal mart around midnight and scoped out where all the pallets were being placed before the store got busy went and got me some breakfast and would roll back in around 4 and make my to the roped off area by the pallet I wanted most.

impaul4
Black Friday Pro

Postby impaul4 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:13 am

harleygirl6363 wrote:How about Wal-Mart staying open all night?!?! Im surprised that more stores aren't following their lead but I'm also glad that they aren't. Oh well I'll take it in while I can!!

its weird that this is a "new" policy, every year by my house both walmarts have always done this. They stay open like normal the 24 hrs, they just have all the BF crap saran wrapped in the middle aisles mostly on the grocery side, and at 5am they pass it out to whoever is standing in line around it. Its common sense and I cant believe to them it is a "new breakthrough policy". I guess my walmart did it before they made it a policy, I guess if walmart had more common sense a live would have been saved last year.

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

Postby heatherbade » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:38 am

With the crappy ads out so far, yeah, BF is dead. But wally world better rally the troops.

Return to “Rants and Raves”