Target FTW!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

bogart
Black Friday Pro

Target FTW!

Postby bogart » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:48 am

I had quite the Target experience yesterday, all of which was good.

We went to Target after Walmart, and had one big giant order and one order with 2 games on it that were paid for separately. When we got home later that evening, we couldn't find the bag with the 2 games in it. Thinking it had been left at the checkout, we went back to the store to see if they had been turned in to customer service. They didn't have anything in their log book, and couldn't find anything in the "lost" items either.

They had a security guard look at the tape from our transactions-- he saw that we did have it, and just as I suspected, my mom was the last to touch it! Turns out it had gotten placed into one of the Walmart bags in the car....whoops.

I thought it was pretty cool of them to take the time to go through everything, and even better with the "Ha! I told you so" I could give m mom... ;)

But wait, the Target goodness doesn't stop there. When I got Friday's mail (even later that evening), my 10% Target coupon was in there. I had to go back to 3 different Target stores to adjust my charges, but they were all quick and really friendly about it. Even ended up getting $32 in cash back because they couldn't get the receipt to accept the coupon.

So, not only did Target have everything I wanted, they provided excellent customer service at 3 different locations several times that day!

:D

ifoceanscollide
Black Friday Pro

Postby ifoceanscollide » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:58 am

mmmm, see this is why I heart Target.

So much so, that I typically make a small donation in their store many times a week :lol:

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:05 am

Target is very much "customer satisfaction" minded. My husband used to be a Bakery manager for Target and they were always reminding the employees about customer service and having meetings and training sessions on just that subject.

I hope that a Target opens near me soon so I never have to step foot into WM ever again! As it is now, the nearest Target is about 30 minutes away and when you just want to pop in for something, that's just too far to go.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:13 am

I used to work at Target - toys/sporting goods during Christmas! WOW!
(I was the dept manager)

Man what a madhouse, but we did everything we could to make the customer happy.
I loved working there but an IT job came open for another company and I could not pass up the money...

ifoceanscollide
Black Friday Pro

Postby ifoceanscollide » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:44 pm

PlutoIsTheBest wrote:

I hope that a Target opens near me soon so I never have to step foot into WM ever again! As it is now, the nearest Target is about 30 minutes away and when you just want to pop in for something, that's just too far to go.

That's what happened for me a few years ago. We got a Super Target (right across the street from Walmart!)
I've yet to step foot in that particular walmart ever since :lol:

(For the record, I did hit the DVD sale at walmart on black friday....but it was in a completely different city, so it doesn't count, :P lol!!)

pcgeekess1
Black Friday Pro

Target was Awesome!

Postby pcgeekess1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:58 pm

I have never seen a more organized BF than at Target this year. I was in line at 4 AM about 20 people back. 4 times a manager came out and gave the same speech that my preschooler gets at his school. They handed out maps once and the announcements were happy not mean or anything. No pusing, no running, no crying......etc. and have fun today. At 5:25 AM the lights went out and on came a generator. Manager comes out and gives us an update, that they will open on time but the power problems will effect 2 registers, they will do there best, and try to have fun. She also told a few people they had to go to the back of the line, since she had been out there 4 times she knew who was there before. And when the doors did open, there was a uniformed security gaurd and they did stop the open the door line cutters, back of the line. It gave all of us 4 AM'ers a boast to see that.
Inside they had carts set up through the store neatly so that you didn't block the doors getting one. They had employees to point you in the right direction if you needed help. The cashiers were smiling when we came in, and still smiling when we went out. They apologized for the power problem and a couple of hicups that it caused. They did adjust my 10% thing today as they said they would on Friday, without any hassle. I was utterly impressed with Target.
I have been to Target before on BF but this is the first year that I went there for doorbuster. I was impressed with their organization and stock before as well. I can't believe I was nervous to go to Target first, thinking that without the ticket system it would be more like WM. This was one of the best experiences I have ever had on any shopping day. They stress customer service for sure. Thanks Waterford Target employees for caring. [/img]

Return to “Rants and Raves”