is anyone else

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

BFgirl78
Black Friday Pro

is anyone else

Postby BFgirl78 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:29 pm

totally giddy w/ excitement for BF? I am so excited have butterflies in my tummy I cant wait!!! :D

Alias33
Black Friday Pro

Re: is anyone else

Postby Alias33 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:20 pm

BFgirl78 wrote:totally giddy w/ excitement for BF? I am so excited have butterflies in my tummy I cant wait!!! :D

I am glad to see somebody giddy. I am still so disappointed... This is the worst bf ever. There is only like an item or two that is really not even worth going out for. Couple of dvds and video games but nothing really jaw dropping. Not trying to ruin your excitement, im glad to see somebody excited... KUDOS!!!!!

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:12 pm

I'm quite excited myself! We need two tvs and various other things - mostly at Target. Even if there wasn't any doorbuster or big ticket items I would still go out for DVDs and such...its more the tradition than anything!

ifoceanscollide
Black Friday Pro

Postby ifoceanscollide » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:28 pm

Oh, I am so freakin' excited!!

tobinsky
Black Friday Pro

Postby tobinsky » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm really excited too. I'm gonna end up getting just a couple doorbusters at Target, head to BB, then have breakfast, then go to the Apple store, and then to the mall to shop for a few hours. I get to sleep in this year! I'm not that excited about that, but I'll only get a couple of hours anyway. 3 AM target here I come!

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

Re: is anyone else

Postby heatherbade » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Alias33 wrote:
BFgirl78 wrote:totally giddy w/ excitement for BF? I am so excited have butterflies in my tummy I cant wait!!! :D

I am glad to see somebody giddy. I am still so disappointed... This is the worst bf ever. There is only like an item or two that is really not even worth going out for. Couple of dvds and video games but nothing really jaw dropping. Not trying to ruin your excitement, im glad to see somebody excited... KUDOS!!!!!

Ditto

I am so disappointed. Still holding out hope for secret sales or at least VS.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:36 pm

I'm kinda blah. I have things I am going to go for at Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, and Home Depot. Nothing super and fun, just some things I want to get. Not as good as years past.

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Postby iKitsune » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:24 am

zim05 wrote:I'm quite excited myself! We need two tvs and various other things - mostly at Target. Even if there wasn't any doorbuster or big ticket items I would still go out for DVDs and such...its more the tradition than anything!

I wish I "needed" a TV. :(

I mean, I could probably make a case for a medical need, but I doubt my health insurance would fill a prescription for a HDTV.

bonkel
Black Friday Newbie

Excited?

Postby bonkel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:24 am

I look forward to this every year... and quite frankly, these are the worst bf ads I have ever seen. I was hoping that retailers would try and encourage spending... Who wants to fight crowds for a 15-20% savings-especially when it is all impulse buying at this point? I guess retailers are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us!

Many of our local retailers were not even in the paper today: Meijer did not have anything in our paper... nor did Macy's or Wal-Mart!

Oh well... that may have to rename this RED FRIDAY as they surely are not going out of their way to encourage us to let loose of our cash! :roll:

bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigevv » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:51 am

I am excited for tomorrow morning, but I really don't have a lot left to shop for. I had a list of things to buy, but I found most of them at better prices online. I figure if you find something at the same price, with no shipping and no taxes, you are coming out ahead.

Have fun tomorrow.

Return to “Rants and Raves”