Anyone else have a SO that just doesnt' get it?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

pcgeekess1
Black Friday Pro

Anyone else have a SO that just doesnt' get it?

Postby pcgeekess1 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:19 pm

I have been a BF'er for 4 years now and my husband still doesn't get it. I am ready to wait in line in the cold and shop like a maniac (solo). On one hand he is telling me not to buy toys for our kids (3 and 5), going back and forth about they Dyson at target and fixing our expensive Kenmore that has been nothing but trouble, and making me worry about money even though I went back to work 6 months ago. And on the other hand he is asking me to get a deal on ridiculous things, like a winter coat for myself. I don't have time to try on clothing on BF!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else have these woes? or maybe used to have them but finally got through to SO and how did you do it?

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Mine was pretty well trained when I got him. I give him a list and instructions on where to go and meet up with him for supper.
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:39 pm

hays4cat wrote:Mine was pretty well trained when I got him. I give him a list and instructions on where to go and meet up with him for supper.

When's dinner honey? :D :lol:
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:45 pm

g-man430 wrote:
hays4cat wrote:Mine was pretty well trained when I got him. I give him a list and instructions on where to go and meet up with him for supper.

When's dinner honey? :D :lol:

Whenever he finds everything I told him to buy! then I allow him the priviledge of buying my dinner! I love the set up! LOL 8)
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:21 pm

I've trained my hubby. He's been going the last couple of years. Every year his job gets a little bit more difficult. This year will be a true test for him as I am sending him to Walmart where everyone else will be. I would go but our walmart is right by our house and about 15 minutes away from any other shopping areas and I don't want to waste time getting to the next store. There is a walmart where I'll be but it's a busier one. He'll have a better chance getting the things we want at the one by our house. It's all strategy!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:46 pm

in general my honey doesnt really get my joy for it, but he is thrilled with the deals and he will give me a list of things he wants me to watch for, but he is quite happy to stay home with the kidlets and let me run the gauntlet with the crowds of crazies as he calls it....
which works just fine to me...i am quite happy to basically wind up with 36 hours and noooo kid duties....
steff

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:46 pm

My hubby don't get it either. He had never been to BF until I took him with 2 years ago. He hates it and doesn't get why I do it. Now I need him to go with this year because I can't be in two places at once and he throws a fit about it! He admitted to wanting the Xbox deal at Walmart but doesn't want to wait to get it. And that's the only doorbuster we're getting there, the rest is toys and clothes, which are never gone quickly at our WM. He just upsets me. I think the real reason is he gets cranky when he can't sleep, but if I can do it and usually go to bed early, then he should be able to do it, seeing how he works a 2nd into 3rd shift job and doesn't go to bed til 6am. Grrrrr... I'm just gonna have to bribe him with egg mcmuffins from mcd's again I guess. :x

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:12 am

My hubby always worked on BF so it was just me, my mom, and my daughter. Then 2 years ago after we moved he got to work at CC for the holidays since he hadn't found a design job yet. He had to work open to close on BF. He came home dragging, took one look at me and asked me how I could possibly want to be out in that insanity :D Then last year he said he would wait at home and play "command center". He was online looking for deals and whatnot and I was in line at CC to buy him an external hard drive. He said this year he would go and stand anywhere I wanted him to since I had surgery last week and he isn't sure I should be out. Just to prove that I can do it we just got home from the Gopher football game (hanging our heads in shame at a 55-0 blowout by IOWA). I told him if I can do the Metrodome and train ride back I can do BF. :D

So now I am trying to get him to go to Sears while I go other places. Not sure if it will work or not. But he doesn't get it. He likes the fact that I can find deals and save us money to spend on other things, but when I was all excited about the ads coming out he said "What's the big deal. They will be in the paper on Thanksgiving. Can't you just look at them then?"

gadzooksangel2383
Black Friday Pro

Postby gadzooksangel2383 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:14 am

I'm lucky, my husband is just as big of a black friday hound as I am. Infact, he might be more-so. :lol:

BeverlyC
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeverlyC » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:26 am

My hubby is all about me going to save the money. He stays home and watches our daughter. Two years ago we got a big screen at HH Greg so he met me at 6:00am to bring me the car and he took the truck that had the TV in it. I was Happy for that saved me time from running back to the house. We might be doing that again. He is wanting a new grill this year so we will see.

LSkennedy
Black Friday Pro

Postby LSkennedy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 am

Boyfriend here, not the Girlfriend. Last year I did my first Black friday at 17. It was a last minute thing and i only had a little under 100 dollars to spend total. We went with 4 people total, two couples a double date of shopping extravaganza if you will. It was fantastic, i was probably pulling her to more shops then she was too me. We started at best buy, i didnt fair well there, she did, then circuit city, which just flat out sucked, then gamestop, erm, twice. rocked it, 10-11 games, i can't remember. Then we just kind of went around. It was great, got done right at noon when the crazy was over.

This year though.... It's different. I got the reigns, i have been going here for over a month, keeping updated, We don't do the lines thing, like on thanksgiving, our thing is very, "if it's there, it's there." So she is not planning anything until THANKSGIVING NIGHT. I'm desperately trying get her to look at the adscans you have, but she just won't! its crazy! so i don't know where i am going until the night of thanksgiving, although she seems to just say wally world, so yeah.

bluegirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby bluegirl » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:36 pm

My hubby doesn't understand either but I don't understand how he can get up at 5 am in 10 degree weather (sometimes colder) and go deer hunting. We both go hunting on BF, he goes for the big buck and I go for the deals!

LSkennedy
Black Friday Pro

Postby LSkennedy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:01 am

what the heck does SO mean?

wolvesgod
Black Friday Pro

Postby wolvesgod » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:12 am

LSkennedy wrote:what the heck does SO mean?

Significant Other.

BrianMDPhD
Black Friday Pro

Postby BrianMDPhD » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:46 pm

LSkennedy wrote:what the heck does SO mean?

Sheriff's Office :lol:

Return to “Rants and Raves”