Things I hate the non BF people do.

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:33 am

Those folks.

Those folks that.

Those folks that show up at three am on Friday with the ad in hand and think they outsmarted everyone else by getting there "early".....ha! and the look on those faces when they at last notice that what they at first took to be landscapeing is instead a long, long line of humans that are more dangerous than the fabled water buffalo when a linecutter is present.

Those folks that show up at five in the afternoon on Friday and browbeat the stores manager for not haveing the doorbusters in stock..........geez.

Those folks that are cellphone moochers and want you to buy, buy, buy every single thing they can think of as they are warm and comftorable at home as you stand in line.

The newby security guards who think you are just sitting outside waiting for a ride on BF and they freak when they see you put up a tent.........geez.

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:45 am

Take a deep breathe. Now count to 10. And make sure you have your whipping stick ready in hand. :twisted:

LSkennedy
Black Friday Pro

Postby LSkennedy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:17 am

I think the worst is people who take it too seriously. I like to have fun, and try not to get dissapointed if i don't find anything i like. It's cool if i don't. I'm calm.

Still want wow....

spidernose
Black Friday Amateur

Postby spidernose » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:05 am

Two years ago at Best Buy in Waco I was 2nd in line. (I bought the 42 inch panny plasma for 999.00
and am still using it)

Anywho, about 3 am some dipshit way back in line started giving us in the front of the line a bunch of grief
because we were leaving the line to take piss breaks. For gods sake we had been there since 5 the day before.

There was almost a fight. The cops came. Nothing happened. BB's management booted people that
jumped out of line. Nobody saw me leave the line. I drove to whataburger to take a personal break.

I got my tv and I split.

pcgeekess1
Black Friday Pro

Thanks for the laughs. The thing I am not fond of.....

Postby pcgeekess1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:54 pm

I can't stand it when a never before BF'er wants to go with me. NO WAY. I have a plan, I stick with the plan and I can't wait for you to figure out your plan in the stores.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:32 pm

ROFL at pcmommy i totally agree with you. They get all excited because your expeirenced and are ready to go with you and its like sorry not this year.. i say you have to have at least 3yrs under your belt before you come out with me. You are not about to mess up my game plan lol.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:32 am

Classic quotes in this thread had me in stitches. If you don't at least smile while reading the previous posts something's wrong. I might go to the BB Thanksgiving afternoon just to interview some folks. I'd have to develop a varying questions to invoke surprised responses. Mind if I asked you some stupid questions? :lol:

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Last year we only had one idiot do that, harrassing us at Kohl's around 3am. Then they burned their tires in front of us. But it's ok, because he did that RIGHT AS THE POLICE hired by the store came by. Hehee.

redparkme
Black Friday Amateur

Postby redparkme » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:17 pm

packratfamily wrote:Have fun- mess with their heads, say you are waiting for a digital radio, riding vacuum, or cordless tv. Use your imagination. :D

That is funny :oops: :oops: :oops:

pcgeekess
Black Friday Newbie

What a funny flashback

Postby pcgeekess » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:38 pm

So funny to see this post I made come back around. When the email came in that let me know that there was a post to a thread I was watching I couldn't believe it when I saw a 2 year old post I had made. I still remember the exact circumstances around that post, and the memories of this are still funny........Oh and I will still be shopping alone. So if you see me, say Hi.....but make it fast. :D

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:16 pm

SPARKLE2217 wrote:ROFL at pcmommy i totally agree with you. They get all excited because your expeirenced and are ready to go with you and its like sorry not this year.. i say you have to have at least 3yrs under your belt before you come out with me. You are not about to mess up my game plan lol.

:lol: Reminds me of one year after not going on BF for a few years I went again and then had to had the car pull over so I could use a bathroom because I was coming down with something. My sister immediately sighed out loud and went "WHY DIDN'T YOU STAY HOME"

TheCount
Black Friday Pro

Postby TheCount » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 am

I never waited outside in line on BF to witness idiots, but it doesn't mean I don't hear them while waiting in line for other things. Once I waited fifteen minutes for a roller coaster to start back up. As guests walked by they asked some stupid questions like "how long you been waiting." My group and I replied four hours and people believed us and made smart comments despite the park not being open that long. :wink:

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:06 am

happened once, it was lol.

HoundAbound
Black Friday Pro

Postby HoundAbound » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:58 pm

I remember lined up at TRU a few years back and had some smarty ask what we were lined up for....I told him it was the line to the restroom :wink:
This year our dollar store has stocked those little canned air-horns like for ballgames...I'm thinking when some goof pulls up to ask a redundant question, of giving a horn blast so i don't have to hear them speak... :twisted:

TheCount
Black Friday Pro

Postby TheCount » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:18 am

HoundAbound wrote:I remember lined up at TRU a few years back and had some smarty ask what we were lined up for....I told him it was the line to the restroom :wink:
This year our dollar store has stocked those little canned air-horns like for ballgames...I'm thinking when some goof pulls up to ask a redundant question, of giving a horn blast so i don't have to hear them speak... :twisted:

Lol, I would be so pissed if someone did that to me when I asked a question, but that is the feeling you want to give. Also when it runs out, it will become a good launching device.

Return to “Rants and Raves”