BOYCOTT BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

tmc8080
Black Friday Pro

BOYCOTT BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Postby tmc8080 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:16 am

The deals aren't that good... and even if you can afford to buy stuff this black friday please don't! Consumers have seen $5 gasoline and the attitude of the oil companies are still shit! Now consumers revolt and destory a part of their demand for gasoline! Beware, gasoline will go back up when they feel they can get away with it again. There needs to be similar spending restraint this holiday season! Retailers have had this coming for a long time. The near minimum wage jobs they put in your community with no benefits aren't worth used toilet paper! It's better they go out of business and are forced out... then your community can make way for some HIGH LIVING WAGE service jobs!

The only way these brick and mortar stores are going to learn is the hard way. YOU the consumer need to keep your money until there is wholesale change in the retail market!
Destory black friday demand!

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:48 am

:roll:

Office Max is still my favorite ad.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

DotCom
Black Friday Pro

Postby DotCom » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:58 am

Im waiting to see what Wal-Mart has. That Samsung TV sounds pretty good. If it's 1080p or LCD, that will be the deal that hooks me.

Nicm15
Black Friday Pro

Postby Nicm15 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:03 am

DotCom wrote:Im waiting to see what Wal-Mart has. That Samsung TV sounds pretty good. If it's 1080p or LCD, that will be the deal that hooks me.

Same here! If Wal-mart comes hard with a good offer for a 19 inch LCD I'm there! If not I'll just be going to Circuit City to grab those Nip Tuck dvd's then I'll be heading home.

bogart
Black Friday Pro

Re: BOYCOTT BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Postby bogart » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:38 pm

tmc8080 wrote:Destory black friday demand!

Grinch.

txteachkelly
Black Friday Pro

Postby txteachkelly » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:19 pm

Sorry, can't do it.

Even if the deals aren't exactly what I'd hoped for or need, it's partly the thrill of the crowd and feeling of the "official" start to the winter holiday season. I'll be there in line, somewhere, waiting for a store to open...

pspetrini
Black Friday Pro

Postby pspetrini » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Hey TMC, I hope your quest goes well. The less people the better.

I'll be there regardless. :)

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 pm

We did *ALL* of our Christmas shopping - no BF for us - except for the JCPenney snowglobes

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:59 pm

tmc8080 wrote:The deals aren't that good... and even if you can afford to buy stuff this black friday please don't! Consumers have seen $5 gasoline and the attitude of the oil companies are still shit! Now consumers revolt and destory a part of their demand for gasoline! Beware, gasoline will go back up when they feel they can get away with it again. There needs to be similar spending restraint this holiday season! Retailers have had this coming for a long time. The near minimum wage jobs they put in your community with no benefits aren't worth used toilet paper! It's better they go out of business and are forced out... then your community can make way for some HIGH LIVING WAGE service jobs!

The only way these brick and mortar stores are going to learn is the hard way. YOU the consumer need to keep your money until there is wholesale change in the retail market!
Destory black friday demand!

who let the hater on here? lol...seroiusly...

i bet he's one of the guys on those youtube videos titled "do nothing day"

..sigh...

lol
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

gwiz5kids
Black Friday Newbie

Postby gwiz5kids » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:26 am

How about YOU boycott, and the rest of us will live out our yearly high of standing in mile-long lines to get into a store thats yards away; freezing our butts off while drinking liquid crack; forming bonds and mapping out strategies with people that we just met, but they want the same things we want; and moving faster than we have moved all year cause we JUST GOTTA HAVE IT!!! :twisted: Ya Hater.

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:27 am

gwiz5kids wrote:How about YOU boycott, and the rest of us will live out our yearly high of standing in mile-long lines to get into a store thats yards away; freezing our butts off while drinking liquid crack; forming bonds and mapping out strategies with people that we just met, but they want the same things we want; and moving faster than we have moved all year cause we JUST GOTTA HAVE IT!!! :twisted: Ya Hater.

Yeah its fun but the total and distinct lack of good deals have me ticked off at most retailers.

jovilover
Black Friday Pro

Postby jovilover » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:41 am

I just want to go have fun....no camping but I go to the mall and see what I can find. Lots of stores have sales that they don't advertise. Percents off and stuff......I go and have fun...if I come away with some good stuff....BONUS!

bigdog6374
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigdog6374 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:52 am

Look I'm as dissapointed as everyone else is this year but seriously because of one year you want to do away with BF all together?? Because that's what will happen if people just stop lining up for the door busters the retailers will say " Hey that was fun while it lasted but nobody seems to like it anymore so let's do away with it and try something new like deals on a variety of items over a several week span ". lol

We as a society have gotten so used to living beyond our means that we expect deals to be better and better every single year and at some point which is the point we are at now retailers are just gonna say ok that's it we have gone as low as we are going. And instead of accepting that and moving on we moan and groan and call for the boycotting of stores on BF but will gladly pay $5 a gallon for gas without a second thought.

ifoceanscollide
Black Friday Pro

Postby ifoceanscollide » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:57 am

bigdog6374 wrote:Look I'm as dissapointed as everyone else is this year but seriously because of one year you want to do away with BF all together?? Because that's what will happen if people just stop lining up for the door busters the retailers will say " Hey that was fun while it lasted but nobody seems to like it anymore so let's do away with it and try something new like deals on a variety of items over a several week span ". lol

We as a society have gotten so used to living beyond our means that we expect deals to be better and better every single year and at some point which is the point we are at now retailers are just gonna say ok that's it we have gone as low as we are going. And instead of accepting that and moving on we moan and groan and call for the boycotting of stores on BF but will gladly pay $5 a gallon for gas without a second thought.

You tell 'em!!

Do you people realize how selfish and immature you all sound? :roll:

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:33 am

tmc8080 wrote:Destory black friday demand!

Troll. :lol:

Return to “Rants and Raves”