Toys R Us - Does anyone here buy toys?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: ikey2, hiker

tlpbupu
Black Friday Pro

Toys R Us - Does anyone here buy toys?

Postby tlpbupu » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:42 pm

I love coming here and understand that on BF there are awsome deals on electronics, but does anyone here shop anywhere but BB and CC?

I was just hoping that there were others with children that could share their experiences. I am a veteran BF shopper who was just so dissapointed with how the Toys R Us I went to last year was run. They allowed people to rush the door and the security guard that we called to the front before the doors opened looked at the rushers, his eyes got big and he said "no way" and left. Inside the store they tried running two lines, one for general merch and one for electronics side by side down one narrow isle. The year before was wonderful. My sister and I were 7th in line, got two cartfuls of things and were the 1st ones out and on our way to target by 5:10. People in line outside even applauded LOL. Just wondering how everyone else does. Did all the Toys R Us stores run their lines like this or just ours?

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:51 pm

They way stores run their lines is normaly done by the store managers.

Go to your local Toys R Us and let them know that they way they ran the line last year didnt work and the year before was much better. The store may have gotten a new manager that year and im sure they would like to hear the feedback from you to make thing as good as they can for this year.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:07 pm

I also went last year first to Toys R Us and I was 12th in line. Once they opened the doors and you were inside everyone started running to the electronics except me. I was trying not to walk fast like I thought everyone would and then I was being passed up so I started a little jog. They didn't hand out tickets so it was first come first serve. Fortunately I got everything I wanted and the time on the receipt said 5:06am. I just wasn't expecting that craziness there. Toys R Us is usually my second stop so by the time I get there the line is already controlled. And slow. You basicallly get in line and shop as you pass by the things you want.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Re: Toys R Us - Does anyone here buy toys?

Postby jediknight » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 pm

tlpbupu wrote:I love coming here and understand that on BF there are awsome deals on electronics, but does anyone here shop anywhere but BB and CC?

I was just hoping that there were others with children that could share their experiences. I am a veteran BF shopper who was just so dissapointed with how the Toys R Us I went to last year was run. They allowed people to rush the door and the security guard that we called to the front before the doors opened looked at the rushers, his eyes got big and he said "no way" and left. Inside the store they tried running two lines, one for general merch and one for electronics side by side down one narrow isle. The year before was wonderful. My sister and I were 7th in line, got two cartfuls of things and were the 1st ones out and on our way to target by 5:10. People in line outside even applauded LOL. Just wondering how everyone else does. Did all the Toys R Us stores run their lines like this or just ours?

My Toys R Us stopped the mad dashing the first BF I went to. The year before, there was a mad rush and someone even went to the hospital.

The year I attended, police showed up, cones and caution tape created an alley way and the manager with a mega-phone shouted instructions to the line - it was very orderly and they have done a good job since.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:23 pm

We'll buy toys for our 1-1/2 year old niece but that's it and we shop at WalMart.
We go in at like 2am when no one is there and shop the aisles

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:25 pm

If I wasn't 20 years old, I might buy a toy. :lol:
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Postby iKitsune » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:35 pm

g-man430 wrote:If I wasn't 20 years old, I might buy a toy. :lol:

All you whippersnappers...

Only way I'd ever line up at TRU is for Legos that were as cheap as free.

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:45 pm

pssh! i still buy toys! :lol:

abbydreyer
Black Friday Pro

Postby abbydreyer » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:50 pm

I buy toys all the time! Im 26.....granted I use the excuse that its for when my nephews come over.....but its really just for me! I dont wanna grow up, cuz Im a Toys R Us kid....

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Postby coco76 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:44 am

killasnake wrote:

pssh! i still buy toys! :lol:

I'm 32, and I still buy toys! :lol: Just the other day, I was looking at one of the gifts I have for my best friend's kid (John Deere 40 pc play set), and I thought "man, I would love to play with these trucks and tractors out in the dirt in our front yard!" The last toy I bought for myself was back in the Summer, and it was a Slinky. :lol:

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:11 am

I buy toys even though I'm 22. The horrible part about it is mine cost 50-75 times the price of the actual toys. Mine are all expensive. I hate getting old. Why can't I just be contempt with a $2 ball?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:57 am

i go there to get stuff for my nephew (and now i have 2!!) last year i didn't go. but the 2 years previous we always made TRU our 2nd stop. so we basically miss the mad rush and the checkout line is always back up all the way to the front door (they run the check out line along the back aisles) so one person will get in line and the other will go shop, then we switch. it's usually pretty effective. can't remember how long it took us to get through the line. maybe a half hour tops. just sucks having to hold stuff for that long because carts are no where to be found.

LJWHITE
Black Friday Newbie

TOYS R US

Postby LJWHITE » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:06 pm

LAST YEAR, OUR'S ONLY HAD 1 LINE THAT WRAPPED AROUND THE STORE BUT THEY HAD A TON OF EMPLOYEES HELPING SO IT MOVED REALLY QUICK. MY SISTER GOT IN LINE WHILE I KEPT SHOPPING AND I COULD NOT KEEP MY ON HER BECAUSE SHE WAS MOVING SO MUCH.

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

TRU

Postby heatherbade » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:28 am

TRU is only good for legos and board games. Cannot stand to go here on BF. It is horrible. I rather stand in line @ BB or Walmart for 5 hours.

redkel
Black Friday Pro

Postby redkel » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:16 pm

I DO shop TRU, but NOT on BF. I shop the 2 day weekend sales and doorbusters they have leading up to BF and after. I also regularly shop online with them because they have a wishlist (kind of like a registry) that you can send to your family and friends for birthdays & holidays. It makes it super easy for grandparents and aunts/uncles because it gives ideas for shopping.

I shop for my 2 1/2 year old girl, 18 month old & 3 year old great-nieces and 2 - 7 year old nephews so it's kind of hard to avoid TRU altogether.

I'm going there later for Candyland Deluxe (1/2 price) and some Thomas & Friends DVD's (40% off) that are on my list for my 2 1/2 year old. She is obsessed with Thomas! LOL.

Kel

Return to “Rants and Raves”