The worst thing that can happen on Black Friday

Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:06 am

your car breaks down or gets a flat
11%
Having to use the bathroom and im not talking to pee
17%
your alarm not going off
26%
forgetting your money at home when your already at the register.
46%

Total votes: 54

Awesomeness101
Black Friday Pro

Postby Awesomeness101 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Last BF my CC's credit card system was down and I had to wait 45 minutes to check out and I was 3rd.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Awesomeness101 wrote:Last BF my CC's credit card system was down and I had to wait 45 minutes to check out and I was 3rd.

Man, I would be so mad if that happened to me.
Do they take checks? I may have to bring some checks with me this year just in case of something like this.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

tibarbie
Black Friday Pro

i would ride my daughter bicycle

Postby tibarbie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:57 pm

i think i would actually ride my daughters bicycle to the store if my car broke down, fortunately i have 2 cars.im the kind of person that plans ahead of checks and rechecks.
do i have my wallet, is my credit card in there, are all my stuff laid out, my alarm working, which store to hit first, and what im getting and stuff.

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:44 pm

My fear is that I will have to pee while I'm in line. I take a medication that causes me to have to go A LOT and it makes it difficult to hold it. I guess I'll have to cut out all liquids at 2pm on Wednesday.....

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Postby geoff5093 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:54 am

PlutoIsTheBest wrote:My fear is that I will have to pee while I'm in line. I take a medication that causes me to have to go A LOT and it makes it difficult to hold it. I guess I'll have to cut out all liquids at 2pm on Wednesday.....

Why don't you just ask someone to hold your spot and leave to go to the bathroom?

mommyofanangelbaby
Black Friday Pro

Postby mommyofanangelbaby » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm

wclark48 wrote:Deals can be made to hold items at the register. There are some things that can't be "held". Where's that bathroom. :arrow:

lol :D

I voted...forgetting the money

Blondie22
Black Friday Pro

Postby Blondie22 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 am

Ha ha.. ask my husband. He fell asleep in line last year at Staples, and of course, no one woke him up. So he missed the item that was supposed to be my Christmas gift (the GPS). I wasn't very happy that day! So to him, that would be worst thing! This year he is going with a friend.

Number1Shopper
Black Friday Newbie

Worst thing to happen on Black Friday

Postby Number1Shopper » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:51 am

1. Oversleep
2. No cash or credit cards
3. Line Jumpers
4. Employees buying up the deals first.

bjbarrick
Black Friday Pro

Postby bjbarrick » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Several years ago, I wound up with a migraine on BF. I cried all the way home (and not just from the head pain!) :cry:

tibarbie
Black Friday Pro

Postby tibarbie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:08 pm

bjbarrick wrote:Several years ago, I wound up with a migraine on BF. I cried all the way home (and not just from the head pain!) :cry:

oh that stinks, i went into toys r us one day in a mad frenzy, and 30 minutes later, heading to the car, i realized i had left my sleeping baby in the car, i was horrified!
i ran to the van, and he was peacefully sleeping. Thank the Lord!!!
he is now, 15 month old tyrant, but ya..
i am ashamed.
i still feel mortified thinking about the fact that he could have been screaming the whole time, thank God he wasnt

:oops:

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 pm

PlutoIsTheBest wrote:My fear is that I will have to pee while I'm in line. I take a medication that causes me to have to go A LOT and it makes it difficult to hold it. I guess I'll have to cut out all liquids at 2pm on Wednesday.....

2 words..... astronaut diapers :D

Just kidding!!!!!! I have to go all the time and my lovely husband keeps telling me that he is buying me some so we don't have to stop when traveling. He better be kidding.
:lol:

tibarbie
Black Friday Pro

Postby tibarbie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:26 pm

packers wrote:

2 words..... astronaut diapers :D

Just kidding!!!!!! I have to go all the time and my lovely husband keeps telling me that he is buying me some so we don't have to stop when traveling. He better be kidding.
:lol:

they key is dont drink anything nadda, zip zadda, before u go out, i dont care if ur dying of thirst, ur lips are parched, if u mouth is dry like the sahara desert. nothing!
on that note! last year the black friday ad for target came out november 8th where is it, thats worth peeing my pants over

thenuke1
Black Friday Pro

Postby thenuke1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:43 pm

WORST THING WHEN YOUR IN LINE !!

the damn line jumpers when they open the store ...

Jcreazy
Black Friday Pro

Postby Jcreazy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:55 pm

I just make friends with the people in line and they let me get my spot back after I go pee

BFgirl78
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFgirl78 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:33 am

thenuke1 wrote:WORST THING WHEN YOUR IN LINE !!

the damn line jumpers when they open the store ...

I hate that! Last year my cousin and I got to Wal Mart about midnight and at that time we were the 15th or so in line... well by 3:30 we ended up being 30th and then by the time the doors opened we were 50th! I think that some people had gotten in line about the same time as us but then let friends or family cut in line w/ them when they started to arrive. We still ended up getting everything that we wanted but if we hadnt I would have been really upset :x

Return to “Rants and Raves”