The worst thing that can happen on Black Friday

Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:06 am

your car breaks down or gets a flat
11%
Having to use the bathroom and im not talking to pee
17%
your alarm not going off
26%
forgetting your money at home when your already at the register.
46%

Total votes: 54

tibarbie
Black Friday Pro

What's the worst thing that can happen on Blackfriday

Postby tibarbie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:06 am

im just wondering what you thing your biggest fear is about something ruining your day , or slowing it down soo badly you dont get in line when you want to, mine is, having to use the bathroom while waiting in line

MadShopper1989
Black Friday Pro

Postby MadShopper1989 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:24 am

I live 10 miles away from the stores and 23 miles away from the mall. If I forgot my money and I'm already at the register, I would have a nervous breakdown! :shock: :evil:

wclark48
Black Friday Pro

Postby wclark48 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:56 am

Deals can be made to hold items at the register. There are some things that can't be "held". Where's that bathroom. :arrow:

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Postby geoff5093 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:42 am

Really? I know on a regular day they wouldn't have a problem with it but I can just see someone else grabbing it and buying it.

The worst thing for me would be forgetting my money or my debit card, but what would actually be worse is if I realized it about 30 minutes before we went inside. Not enough time to go home and get it before they open, and by the time I got back I would have wasted so much time in line.

KristopherWindsor
Black Friday Pro

Postby KristopherWindsor » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:37 pm

The worst thing would be if North Korea sends us a "Happy Thanksgiving" bomb.

But why need an alarm clock if you go on Wednesday evening, and what kind of BF pro would forget his money?
We also have an extra car, too. :P

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:25 pm

I said no cash...i mean...you can go in the store with wet pants (it'll dry anyway in the line lol)
You can fix a flat on friday and, if you are like me , you won't need an alarm because you will be out there well before any reasonable hour.

But if you don't have the cash, someone behind you will.

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:05 pm

The worst thing for me would be sleeping in. Waking up and realizing you missed it! That would be awful. I could always have someone bring me my money or have them hold my items at the register while I go get it...and as far as needing to use the restroom, well, I'm pretty good at holding it.

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:00 pm

....the government sends out big rebate stimulus checks and increases my competition :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

Emily48801
Black Friday Pro

Postby Emily48801 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:03 am

I actually got a FLAT freaking TIRE last year on Black Friday! Grrrrrrrrr I was so mad! I still strutted from store to store after I put the Donut tire on. Hahahahaha!

DotCom
Black Friday Pro

Postby DotCom » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:06 pm

I don't think forgetting your money is too big for one reason. For example, stores that offer vouchers for the door buster deals give a time frame (i.e. Best Buy 11am). It allows you to go and come back. Since time can be so critical for placement in line, alarm not going off is the starting point. The entire day begins with the morning wake up. If that doesn't go well, everything else is trivial.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Here is something I just thought of, every year I pay with my credit card so that I am not holding all that cash the whole time.

What if the creditcard systems went down on black friday morning?
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:51 pm

MikesTooLz wrote:Here is something I just thought of, every year I pay with my credit card so that I am not holding all that cash the whole time.

What if the creditcard systems went down on black friday morning?

They won't. Any dealer worth their salt will have backups. Any merchant worth their salt (visa / mastercard) will have redundant systems. Anything short of a massive backbone disruption (i.e. terrorist attack in two connected hub cities) probably won't kill off CC authorizations.

But i'm sure you knew that :D

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Postby geoff5093 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Actually once I went to the BB in Manchester, NH and they said their systems were down and couldn't accept cards (or they had to use the old fashion method of getting an imprint of the card).

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:19 pm

geoff5093 wrote:Actually once I went to the BB in Manchester, NH and they said their systems were down and couldn't accept cards (or they had to use the old fashion method of getting an imprint of the card).

I have also been at a bestbuy when the system was down and they were only accepting cash(wasnt on a black friday though)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

Postby heatherbade » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:31 am

Don't have to worry about alarm clock, I don't sleep on Thansgiving. If my van breaks down my husband WILL (or he dies) come and get me. Last year at Fry's the WHOLE cashier system died. The cashier we had didn't know how to write a handwritten receipt. The only worry I have is not getting what I want to get. I think this year will be harder to get what you want. People are going to be meaner because of the economy.

Return to “Rants and Raves”