share your fight or bad arguments stories!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

dmas
Black Friday Newbie

share your fight or bad arguments stories!

Postby dmas » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:29 pm

Has anyone ever seen a fight or bad arguments occur while doing the “Black Friday thing?” If so share your story! :shock:

bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigevv » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:07 am

I wasn't there, but my wife (girlfriend at the time) was first in line to get a laptop at WalMart a few years ago. She got the first one handed out but a guy behind her grabbed it and started punching her to make her let go. Fortunately the employees at the store refused to sell the ill-gotten laptop to him and called the police. Unfortunately he ran out before they could get there.

In the end she got the laptop.

zim05
Black Friday Pro

Postby zim05 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:33 am

A couple of years ago (maybe 4yrs) at Walmart when the CareBears were back as a hot item.
There was a big square metal box that held all the CareBears (these CareBears were the bigger one size) and the box taped off until 5am. Once they took the tape off and people were allow to grab and there was literally a stampede (sp?) and my sister was over there to try to get two for our younger brother and sister. She came away without a scratch but she said people were pushed down and stomped on by the crowd and some of the CareBears were ripped apart by the seams by people fighting for them. We found out later when we went over to Target to wait for them to open that a person broke their arm and another one their wrist in "The Great CareBear Stampede"

carolinagal
Black Friday Pro

Postby carolinagal » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:12 am

zim05 wrote:A couple of years ago (maybe 4yrs) at Walmart when the CareBears were back as a hot item.
There was a big square metal box that held all the CareBears (these CareBears were the bigger one size) and the box taped off until 5am. Once they took the tape off and people were allow to grab and there was literally a stampede (sp?) and my sister was over there to try to get two for our younger brother and sister. She came away without a scratch but she said people were pushed down and stomped on by the crowd and some of the CareBears were ripped apart by the seams by people fighting for them. We found out later when we went over to Target to wait for them to open that a person broke their arm and another one their wrist in "The Great CareBear Stampede"

What is it with those stupid bears. We had a simular situation around the same year at WALMART over the carebears. I had finally talked my best friend into going shopping on Black Friday for the 1st time. We started at Walmart. I had been prepping her on the maddness that black friday brings but I don't think she could imagine the full effect until 5 a.m.. We decided that she would be safe at the care bears pallett and from there could scoot thru the rest of the early bird toy sales. WRONG.... When they unwrapped that care bear pallett you would have thought that people were fighting over plasma tvs. My friend leaned over to grab a care bear and a lady twice her size climbed up on her back. My friend came out ok thank goodness. She was very cautious for the rest of the day.... She has been back every black friday since...lol...except now she goes in with a vengeance.... :wink:

brooks215
Black Friday Pro

scars or scabs ... you decide

Postby brooks215 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:13 am

for the most part my bfridays have been quiet (save for line cutters et al.) but last year i was at best buy and the ccity was across the way....bbuy gave out tickets early and managed the demand while ccity decided not to give out tickets and the demand was not managed well by the store. about 20 minutes before the stores opened a carload of folks came up and tried to cut in on the bbuy line but they realized there were tickets and they would need it to buy the items .... so they went over to the ccity and proceeded to wreck havoc. a fight broke out when one the guys tried to say he was there the whole time and was just 'hanging out' in his car to stay warm the rest of his carload of folks tried 'verify' he had been there. a woman told them flat out she wasn't going to let them get in front of her...so they tried to get online right behind her - that's when the fight started. the cops were called out and it delayed the opening for ccity by about 40 minutes.

KristopherWindsor
Black Friday Pro

Postby KristopherWindsor » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:01 pm

Well, there were 200 people ahead of me in line, so I beat them all up, thus leading to WWII...
:twisted:

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:34 pm

I think it was 2006, and we were about 5th in line (one of the only times were werent first). At around 2 AM these 2 guys came walking up with metal folding chairs, walked right up to the front and set up as if they were #1 and #2 in the line. We all got up and were yelling at them. One of the guys just go up and left the line but the other one stayed. The person who was really #1 in line then pushed him off the chair. He picked up his chair and started walking to the end of the line. Then about 15 people back in the line he cut in agian and sat in his chair as if he had been there all night. We were all like, whats this guys problem and we didnt hear any comotion or anything. We said hey if they dont have a problem with it back there its fine with us, but he isnt going to get in front of us.

About five minutes later the kid that I had been talking to while waiting in line(he was right behinde where the guy cut into the line) comes walking up to me and says to me "hey that guy down there just cut in front of me and says not to try anything because he has a gun!".

I called the cops and they promptly arrested him. :D

-----------------------------

In 2004 I was #1 at bestbuy and right when they opened the doors some guy tried to rush in first and was yelling "let me go, im a paying customer!". The manager finaly just said ok let him go, and then told one of the employees to follow him around the store and not allow him to purchase anythig.

-------------------------------

I have also seen them fighting at walmart over TV's. I didnt have anything to buy that year, just went out to watch all the crazy people on black friday. However I did end up buying a BB gun.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:30 pm

Two guys decided to cut in front of everybody at Best Buy last year no more than ten minutes before the store was going to hand out the doorbuster vouchers. One guy in line decided to call the cops. The cops didn't do anything and really couldn't because it was private property. However, we had a list and the manager decided to accept it, so those guys had no choice but to leave. Needless to say everybody was heated after they cut.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

rachelsincollege
Black Friday Newbie

Postby rachelsincollege » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Why is it that no matter what store you stake-out, there's always going to be that group of people that shows up like 2 minutes before the place opens to join whoever in their party drew the short straw and actually stood in the damn line?!! I was at Old Navy last year with my mother. We had got there at like 3 in the morning (not for any deal in particular but because the first 50 or so people got a free mp3 player with a $20 purchase) and stood outside in the freezing cold. Then only about 20 minutes before they were set to open, a group of 7 to 10 people get out of a car to join someone in the front of the line. I was pissed! The people directly behind them said something to them, and the skippers yelled at them!

It's not just the fact that people skip me in line that gets me down, but that they're totally missing the point. Yes, it's kinda a competition, but a FRIENDLY competition. More importantly, IT'S CHRISTMAS! These people just ruin the spirit of the whole thing. I hate it.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:52 pm

rachelsincollege wrote:Why is it that no matter what store you stake-out, there's always going to be that group of people that shows up like 2 minutes before the place opens to join whoever in their party drew the short straw and actually stood in the damn line?!! I was at Old Navy last year with my mother. We had got there at like 3 in the morning (not for any deal in particular but because the first 50 or so people got a free mp3 player with a $20 purchase) and stood outside in the freezing cold. Then only about 20 minutes before they were set to open, a group of 7 to 10 people get out of a car to join someone in the front of the line. I was pissed! The people directly behind them said something to them, and the skippers yelled at them!

It's not just the fact that people skip me in line that gets me down, but that they're totally missing the point. Yes, it's kinda a competition, but a FRIENDLY competition. More importantly, IT'S CHRISTMAS! These people just ruin the spirit of the whole thing. I hate it.

Yeah, they just dont get it. You say something to them and they look at you like what is your problem and have the nerve to get mad at you.

They you have the people that just show up 5 minutes before the store opens and wait to try and rush in when they open the door. (and get mad when I push them back out of the line.)

Just like the people that take the tickets for the door busters and then sell them instead of buying the door busters. If it was going to be like that why not just let the store employees sell them all to who ever they want. Not that I have been far enough back in the line to not get what I wanted, but I feal bad for the people behind me that wait and dont get what they waited for.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Postby geoff5093 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:32 pm

I lucked out for the most part last year, they were much more organized at BB with those line barriers, several employees when it was around 4AM, and they even had a cop watching to make sure people didn't cut and things didn't get out of hand. Also they only allowed say 20 people in the store at a time. 3 years ago though people were waiting in the parking lot, and once they opened the doors they just bolted inside, I hate people like that!

pspetrini
Black Friday Pro

My first time....

Postby pspetrini » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:18 am

Ok, this is the most fun story I've got in my now 11th year of doing Black Friday shopping. I was turning 13 at the time (my birthday is right around BF every year so I kind of treat myself to goodies) and really wanted the Power Rangers. They were big at the time.

My family gets to a local Ames store at 8 a.m. They open at 8:30 a.m. There's not much of a line, especially by today's standards, and the ad made no mention of how many of these Power Rangers were actually in the store.

The way the store was setup, everyone lined up behind one door and in the very, very, very back of the store in the very, very back corner was the action figure section.

The doors opened and we all made a mad dash for the Power Rangers. There had to be 20-30 people running full speed to try to get these items.

Turns out they had four in stock. Four.

My six-year old brother and I got to the section after the mad dash beat us to it and what we saw happen got us hooked on Black Friday shopping. (We have yet to miss one since). People were fighting, pushing, shoving and when the commotion finally settled, we, like most, walked out empty handed. But damn if the excitement of that moment isn't something that still gets me pumped to this day.

As for dealing with jerks, two years ago, I made it a point to walk up to each and every person that tried to cut us in line and ask him/her what the hell they thought they were doing. At first it was awkward but after about 5 minutes, everyone near me joined in and not one person cut. Of course, dealing with this little old Japanese lady who was acting like she couldn't understand us was awesome. I went up to her and pointed to the back, calmly saying "If you don't go back right now I am going to fart in your mouth." She understood. :)

seajsd
Black Friday Pro

Re: My first time....

Postby seajsd » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Of course, dealing with this little old Japanese lady who was acting like she couldn't understand us was awesome. I went up to her and pointed to the back, calmly saying "If you don't go back right now I am going to fart in your mouth." She understood. :)[/quote]

OMG That is too funny!!!!! ROTFLMAO

perfect102885
Black Friday Pro

Postby perfect102885 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:23 pm

last year at kohls me and 3 of my sister in laws waited in line for about 4 hours we were like 4-8 in line , the youngest was 13 it was her first year ever going , about 5 mins before the doors opened 20-30 ppl were standing over to the side just "watching" or so we thought lol next thing you know all those ppl were running full speed at us and the 13 year old , she almost got caught between them and the other glass door that was not opened. everyone behind us was screaming and trying to push them back so we could get her through , thanks to them she endded up not getting harmed and we still got almost everything we went there to get. This year I have set up a back up plan as the now 14 year old will be going with us again , I am bringing along my 20 &18 year old nephews you are about 6 foot to stand there just to make sure that does not happen again. :D

cindy1
Black Friday Newbie

Postby cindy1 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:05 pm

Last year we got in line at Target at midnight, we were about 10th in line. Around 5:45 a lady tried to cut in front of us and the cops had to be called. Target handled it very well. They had all their employees come outside after that and make a wall so people could not run in ahead of everyone in line.

Return to “Rants and Raves”