Do not jump on peoples back!!!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

User avatar
MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1645
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby MikesTooLz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 pm

[quote="Raiderchic29]I totally understand but some of us with younger children do not have the opportunity to stay out all night and "camp out" why should we get the shaft because of it??[/quote]

If you cant camp out the entire time, dont try to show up right before the store opens and cut in front of people to buy stuff.
Would you get mad if you waited in line all night and then right before the store opened, a bus of handicap people show up and were allowed to take all the door busters?
Life isnt fair, if it was everyone would get the doorbusters.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

User avatar
g-man430
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3206
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

Postby g-man430 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Raiderchic29 wrote:
Alias33 wrote:I have already talked to people I know that work at Best Buy and Circuit City. They are telling me that this year they are gonna give out vouchers for those who have waited all night for special doorbuster items this year. So if you dont have a voucher you cant get a special item since they will have them behind the counter and you got to show the voucher to be able to get it. So that should help out with people who try to cut in line and not stay out all night like the honest people do. I hate people that think they can sleep all night and come like 5 mintues before the store opens and expect to get all the good items on sale. It really bust my bubble!!!!! :evil:


I totally understand but some of us with younger children do not have the opportunity to stay out all night and "camp out" why should we get the shaft because of it?? Don't get me wrong I don't do the 5 minute rush in, I am a couple hours or an hour before whatever I can fit in but I can't camp out all night.


If you can't stand in line the whole night like everybody else then don't do BF. Why should you get better treatment than anyone else? "Because I have little kids" isn't a good excuse either.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

Sra Beasley
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: NC

My son will be camping out with us!

Postby Sra Beasley » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:27 pm

My son is 6 and a half and he will be camping out with us this year!! We figure we will make it a family affair!

User avatar
Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: In line @ Best Buy

Re: My son will be camping out with us!

Postby Eddyisgreat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:49 pm

Sra Beasley wrote:My son is 6 and a half and he will be camping out with us this year!! We figure we will make it a family affair!



How long do you plan on standing outside, if I may ask?

Sra Beasley
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: NC

Son camping with us

Postby Sra Beasley » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:59 am

Well, we haven't decided how long we will yet. We just moved to a new area, so we don't know what the crowds will be like. Last year it was 21 hours, and last year he did come out and camp with us for a little while.

User avatar
Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:50 pm

Postby Sparkle2217 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:40 am

I totally understand but some of us with younger children do not have the opportunity to stay out all night and "camp out" why should we get the shaft because of it?? Don't get me wrong I don't do the 5 minute rush in, I am a couple hours or an hour before whatever I can fit in but I can't camp out all night.[/quote]

If you can't stand in line the whole night like everybody else then don't do BF. Why should you get better treatment than anyone else? "Because I have little kids" isn't a good excuse either.[/quote]

TO THE LADY WHO SAID SHE HAS KIDS
I am a single mom of two and i usually get a relative who does do not do BF to keep my kids for the night and I give them money for doing it. Yes i know everyone has circumstances to where they are unable to get in line all night. But its not fair for those of us who do wait in line all night just to have someone come up an hour before the store opens to try and cut. I have done best buy every year for the past 5 years. They always give out a voucher for the hot ticket items, therefore no voucher no hot ticket item. Why cut in line. If you can't stand in line all night do what i have seen plenty of couples do. They take turns standing in line. The husband stands in line for a couple of hours while the wife is home with the kids then the husband goes home and the wife comes and when its time for the store to open they both come back together either with the kids or they leave the kids with a neighbor or friend who doesn't do BF. That's just fair for everyone involved.

Raiderchic29
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:06 pm

Postby Raiderchic29 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Thank you all for being so "understanding" to my comments :x And excuse me if my priorites lie with my children. Like I said in my comment I do not rush in 5 minutes before hand and expect to get special treatment. I stand at the back of the line, why would I want to rush in, in front of people who do have the time to camp out, I would not want someone to do it to me. And I was not using my children as an "excuse". I was stating a fact and some of us are not fortunate enough to have relatives that live close enough to watch the kids. Before you bash someone for their comment please remember that.

User avatar
iKitsune
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:55 pm
Location: 6. the act of locating; state of being located.
Contact:

Postby iKitsune » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:30 am

If someone climbed on me, I would stab them with a BBQ fork.

Seriously, I keep one for just such an occurrence.

modinin
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:09 pm
Location: lumberton, nc

Postby modinin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Sra Beasley,

I go to the Fayetteville BB (and CC) quite a bit, but never at BF. However, when my wife and I have gone and waited for big ticket items (ie, wii), the workers gave out tickets pretty early (put a paper on the window with how many they had). They also had workers come out an hour or so before the tickets were given out and told people in line who were getting tickets where to go when the store so they would not get mobbed! I can remember 2 years ago getting a ticket for the wii at 6am (CC opened at 11am, I think) and the employee telling us to get breakfast and come back later. We got back at 11:05am and people were yelling at the employees, stating they had been waiting for a Wii since 10:30am (we had got in line at 3 or 4am). It got so bad that the manager had the police escort people out of the store and threatened to have some people arrested. So I guess a short answer to your question is the police and store employees do a pretty good job at managing people so you should be fine if you go to BB 21 hours or so before CC open on BF. Dress warm (cold last year!).

User avatar
MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1645
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Raiderchic29 wrote:Thank you all for being so "understanding" to my comments :x And excuse me if my priorites lie with my children. Like I said in my comment I do not rush in 5 minutes before hand and expect to get special treatment. I stand at the back of the line, why would I want to rush in, in front of people who do have the time to camp out, I would not want someone to do it to me. And I was not using my children as an "excuse". I was stating a fact and some of us are not fortunate enough to have relatives that live close enough to watch the kids. Before you bash someone for their comment please remember that.

Standing in the end of the line is not what your post implied. You responded to someone saying that you understand how they may not like people that show up right before the store opens and try to get the door busters but since you dont have the chance to camp out all night why should you get the shaft. (and yes 2 hours = right before the store opens for people that have been there the whole time)

Getting in the end of the line like you say is expected. However if you join somone that stayed in the line the whole time that will tick off a lot of people.


and to what SPARKLE2217 said about swaping out with someone, its fine if you are swapping in and out of the line and then only one of you are there for the doorbusters. But if you only have one person in line the whole time and then have one or more people join you right before they hand out tickets for the door busters you are going to tick off a lot of people. Two people tried this last year in front of us and we didnt stand for it, the manager actualy came out and made them leave.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

toodlelou
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:46 pm

Postby toodlelou » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:09 pm

I think when stores plan these insane sale events, they should have some type of a plan to at least control the outside lines. Once people rush thru the door and start pushing their way to the sales areas all order is lost. Every year I see people dragging babies and small children thru this mess and I wonder if they will survive the mad rush. Unless you are naive and this is your first BF sale, you know what you are getting into, prepare yourself and enter at your own risk!

User avatar
PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 pm
Location: Between Atlanta & Birmingham

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:40 am

One year, a while back, we went to WM and we were 3 or 4 in line. An hour or so before they started letting us in, people started arriving and hovering. The ladies that were in front of us went around and got a whole bunch of shopping carts because that WM kept them outside. They turned over the shopping carts and made a barrier so the line jumpers couldn't get in without jumping over the carts. Needless to say, it worked like a charm! There wasn't that much of a mad rush to get in, either because of the carts!

I miss the Super Target in Clearwater, FL. They always had the Police out there to rule the line. No mad rush to get inside, either. People just filed in the door calmly. Of course, once they were through the door it was another story....

I have gone to a store on BF really close to opening and waited out in the parking lot (not near the door or in the crosswalk or anything) until the end of the line has gone in. I try to stay far enough away from the door so people don't think I'm jumping.

Gard
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:19 pm

Postby Gard » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:43 pm

toodlelou wrote:I think when stores plan these insane sale events, they should have some type of a plan to at least control the outside lines. Once people rush thru the door and start pushing their way to the sales areas all order is lost. Every year I see people dragging babies and small children thru this mess and I wonder if they will survive the mad rush. Unless you are naive and this is your first BF sale, you know what you are getting into, prepare yourself and enter at your own risk!


I was in a store one BF where a mother was in there with her little boy (about 8 years old) to get some BF items. The mother and her son went for the toy aisle and with the rush of shoppers, the boy and mother go separated. The boy reached for a toy he wanted that was on BF and as soon as he did, this man just grabbed him by the shoulders and threw him to the ground, which resulted in him hitting his head on the shelves behind him and laying there crying. Fortunately for the youngster, other shoppers, needless to say, got quite Pi$$ed off at that and swarmed the guy, beating him up pretty bad and then made sure the little one got his toy. Nobody was charged in the incident. Thats one thing you don't do when (or anytime IMO) is mess with a child like that when other parents are around. The guy deserved every bit of what he got for attacking the child like that.

I had a friend one year that had someone jump on his back one year as well. He just whipped out his pepper spray and let it rip on the guy and police deemed it self-defense. :lol:

User avatar
Fade2Pink
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Utah

Postby Fade2Pink » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Wow, sad to hear how horrible people can be to others. Unfortunately, 'Tis the Season takes on a whole new meaning.

I have had mostly good experiences. I actually enjoy people watching more than just about anything on these occasions. I have seen jerky people to be sure, but I I enjoy going out on BF and getting some good deals, I guess I'm not as hard core as some. I do like to maintain some dignity when all is said and done ;o)

User avatar
BFgirl78
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 am
Location: Maryland

Postby BFgirl78 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:01 pm

I may be in the minority here (so let the bashing begin) but I hate it when people bring their young children to BF. Ihave 4 boys (11,10,8,&2) there is no way in hell that I would bring anyone them out in the cold just to get a few good deals. If I dont have some one to watch them (normally their father) then I dont go it is simple as that. I can not tell you how many people last year were standing in line w/ young children (some infants/toddlers in strollers) it was insane. Not only that like there are not enough crazy adult shoppers out there lets throw some young kids into the mix and see what kinda chaos ensues!


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest