Do not jump on peoples back!!!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Alias33
Black Friday Pro

Postby Alias33 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:33 pm

That is sad that Walmart does not hand out vouchers. That just shows you all they care about is money. I am not planning to shop at Walmart then. Best Buy and/or Circuit City here we come.

bellesmom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bellesmom » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:46 pm

I know this doesn't have anything to do with jumping on people's backs, but 2006 was by far the worst BF for rude people for me too. I was 7 months pregnant and huge! Do you think that anybody really cared? No way! Some big fat lady pushed my buggy right into me to move me out of the way! I learned last year though. I take big shopping bags with me so I don't have to maneuver a buggy through all the crazies. Works great if what you are after is a camera, memory cards, DVD player etc.... Smaller items that you can just grab and stuff. I thought that maybe the store managers would get suspicious (b/c of shoplifting) but the ones that noticed said it was a good idea. That will be part of my plan of attack again this year! :P

TakenAback
Black Friday Pro

Postby TakenAback » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:34 am

I haven't bought one yet, but if manhandled/assaulted/attacked, I was thinking of using an aerosol airhorn. It's loud enough to force someone away without being charged for laying hands upon them. It might get you tossed, so only if hands begin to wander would I resort to it.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Handing out vouchers is boring. It's much more fun watching the stampede happen. :D
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:29 am

g-man430 wrote:Handing out vouchers is boring. It's much more fun watching the stampede happen. :D

If you think they are boring you aren't doing it right! Vouchers for me are like quality in flight entertainment for free! The envy, the rage when missing out. Last year we grabed a few extra vouchers for the late commers and gave them away to whoever could give us the best story. This time we are going to grab extras and play "economic trivia" so those who can answer the questions will reap the fruits of our idiotic labor (of love)

Jaric
Black Friday Pro

Postby Jaric » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:29 pm

I need to see if I can find some of the old Fark threads about people's Black Friday experiences. There's usually one every year and they usually have some great reads in them.

Our BF experience has always been pretty good. Only once was there a near riot between the people in line and line jumpers waiting for a chance to run in when the doors opened. It got to the point where Best Buy had the police come out and the cops parked their cars in the parking lot in front of the doors and kept the jumpers from getting in.

I do know that one of the local Wal-Marts had their front doors ripped off last year. Apparently the person opening the doors was a little to slow and the people rushed them and broke them down.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Jaric wrote:I do know that one of the local Wal-Marts had their front doors ripped off last year. Apparently the person opening the doors was a little to slow and the people rushed them and broke them down.

ROFL that is just sad, If I was the manager I would have stopped the line and notify all cashiers not to ring enyone up. Clear them all out of the store and to the end of the line before letting anyone in.

and you know what it was probably those rude line jumpers who show up 15 minutes before they open and did it trying to rush in when they to open the doors.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

gseclipse11
Black Friday Pro

Postby gseclipse11 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:32 pm

anyone gets in my way "I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"

I love that movie

bellesmom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bellesmom » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Oh yeah? Well, "I'm all hopped up on Mt. Dew!" LOL :P

Alias33
Black Friday Pro

Dont Cut lines

Postby Alias33 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:30 pm

I am for warning people right now, if i sit out for an extended period of time most likely the day of Thanksgiving and stay like 24 to 36 hours or more for black friday. If anybody this year tries to cut line then i swear i am willing to go to jail for a couple of hours b/c i am gonna knock the person into next week. I am sick and tired of people who sleep all night and think they can just cut in line right at the time the stores open. I am sick of it and it is not fair to the people who have stayed out all night. I really dont understand why they do not get cops out at these popular stores like bb, cc, Walmart and places like Target to care of this problem just to make sure that this does not happen. But you know what sucks is most people on this board are probably going to agree with me but the ones who need to hear this message are the ones who cut lines and dont come to these type of websites. So am i just blowing steam?Probably so. By the way I live in Charlotte NC so cutters beware. :twisted:

TophNWHSU07
Black Friday Pro

Re: Dont Cut lines

Postby TophNWHSU07 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Alias33 wrote:I am for warning people right now, if i sit out for an extended period of time most likely the day of Thanksgiving and stay like 24 to 36 hours or more for black friday. If anybody this year tries to cut line then i swear i am willing to go to jail for a couple of hours b/c i am gonna knock the person into next week. I am sick and tired of people who sleep all night and think they can just cut in line right at the time the stores open.

By the way I live in Charlotte NC so cutters beware. :twisted:

Last year was a blast as the doors prepared to open, about 10 minutes before opening a mass of about 40 lurkers started prowling near the entrance about 30 feet away. One of the CC staffers (I bet he moonlights as a bouncer) was shouting out to them to clear out away from the storefront and to the back of the line or he would not open the doors. Pretty soon me and about 50 other people at the front of the line are openly shouting at them and heckling them, insulting them, pretty much anything we wanted to say. Most just moped around as if they could not hear him or us. Eventually they got the hint. A few made their way to the back of the line, but most went back to their cars (way at the back of the lot, making them no threat for cutting anymore). Was great.

Then there was the guy who got in line at 3:30am (1 1/2 hours before the store opened) and once inside was shrieking about there being no more laptops. Eventually some dude next to him says loudly "You should have gotten in line sooner, so why don't you just shut the f*** up!". The whole store got real quiet. Me, I was hoping for a fight (probably would have joined in! :) ).

Anyway, enough rambling. Bring on Black Friday 2008!

Sra Beasley
Black Friday Pro

Re: Dont Cut lines

Postby Sra Beasley » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Alias33 wrote:I am for warning people right now, if i sit out for an extended period of time most likely the day of Thanksgiving and stay like 24 to 36 hours or more for black friday. If anybody this year tries to cut line then i swear i am willing to go to jail for a couple of hours b/c i am gonna knock the person into next week. I am sick and tired of people who sleep all night and think they can just cut in line right at the time the stores open. I am sick of it and it is not fair to the people who have stayed out all night. I really dont understand why they do not get cops out at these popular stores like bb, cc, Walmart and places like Target to care of this problem just to make sure that this does not happen. But you know what sucks is most people on this board are probably going to agree with me but the ones who need to hear this message are the ones who cut lines and dont come to these type of websites. So am i just blowing steam?Probably so. By the way I live in Charlotte NC so cutters beware. :twisted:

Just wondering if you know how the Fayetteville BB Store will be? We just moved to the area and are wondering what NC is like during BF. Any advice? By the way last year we were in MI and camped out for 21 hours. So, what ya think?

Alias33
Black Friday Pro

Postby Alias33 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Im sorry SRA I have never been to fayettnam as they call the city. lol!!! So i am not gonna be able to tell you how it is there b/c i dont know. Fayetteville is like 200+ miles from Charlotte. Sorry could not help!!!

Alias33
Black Friday Pro

Postby Alias33 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:33 pm

I will also say this SRA you might not have as many people in Fayetteville since you are alot smaller town. Charlotte has like 4 bb in the area and like 2 cc and like 4 walmarts and two or three targets. I know for sure it will be a little warmer than Michigan, not much but alittle warmer. So you want be as cold as Michigan. I can only imagine how cold it gets on Thanksgiving day and the early dawn hours of black friday right when every store starts to open in Michigan. We in Charlotte have close to like 1.5 million people now in Charlotte. I came to Charlotte by way of Charleston SC in 1995 and love Charlotte. Everything you want and I will never move back to my hometown. There are alot of northerners like yourself that have transplantred themselves from up north and alot of them made Charlotte there home and already have like kids grown that are now true Charlotteans as we call ourselves. Alot of young 20-30 something have moved to Charlotte also, that is why there has been such a boom in Charlotte since early 1990's. Well enough about history. Welcome to NC SRA. Vot Pat McCrory governor he is Charlottes Mayor, he has done a great job. He has approved this reply!!!! lol!!

Raiderchic29
Black Friday Newbie

Postby Raiderchic29 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:53 am

Alias33 wrote:I have already talked to people I know that work at Best Buy and Circuit City. They are telling me that this year they are gonna give out vouchers for those who have waited all night for special doorbuster items this year. So if you dont have a voucher you cant get a special item since they will have them behind the counter and you got to show the voucher to be able to get it. So that should help out with people who try to cut in line and not stay out all night like the honest people do. I hate people that think they can sleep all night and come like 5 mintues before the store opens and expect to get all the good items on sale. It really bust my bubble!!!!! :evil:

I totally understand but some of us with younger children do not have the opportunity to stay out all night and "camp out" why should we get the shaft because of it?? Don't get me wrong I don't do the 5 minute rush in, I am a couple hours or an hour before whatever I can fit in but I can't camp out all night.

Return to “Rants and Raves”