Do not jump on peoples back!!!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

User avatar
melblack
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: Lafayette, GA

Do not jump on peoples back!!!

Postby melblack » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:46 pm

Last year I was in line by the LCD pallet in wal mart and there was plenty (50) LCD TVs on a pallet. There was suprisingly not many people at all in line there (6). It was a new wal mart off of the interstate that not many people found convienent. There was one of us on each corner and the other two was standing beside a couple of us talking and we were enjoying the fact that it was not crowded. After standing there about three hours one of the employees came over the intercom and announced that they were going to cut the plastic 15 mins early. About 3 mins before they cut the plastic a huge family of Mexican's came up and pushed everyone of us back but me and the lady standing next to me stood our ground. We were hard core B/F shopers. Soon as the plastic was cut one of the Mexican men literaly climbed up my back and I was lying across the pallet and the lady next to me was trying to push him off of me when another one attacked her. Now keep in mind that the six people in line only wanted one TV a piece and there were many to go round but not only did these other people break line but they climbed on us and would not get off. If you can not understand to get in line and wait your turn you do not need to be shocked when you get a crotch full of knee. I am a hard core BF shopper and I have seen a lot of things but this one took the cake. I can not wait until this year b/c I am so excited and I will be ready for anything crazy. For any crazy person out there reading this "Bring it on" this is my time of year and I look forward to it ALL year long. For the rest of you try to make sure you talk to the person beside of you b/c you dont know when you may need them to watch your back.

Black Friday here we come. :twisted:

User avatar
XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 6209
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Postby XmasDVD » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 am

That is truly sad. Shoppers should be a little more respectful of others. Some go nuts like that and that is a shame. You didn't mention but I hope no one was injured. I wish the WM people would have told them to leave for what they did to you.

Hope 2008 is a better BF

karabear
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 am

Postby karabear » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:18 am

I know!!! The first year my best friend and I went out Black Friday shopping I was almost 6 months pregnant. We were standing near the $25 TVs Walmart had and when they cut the tape this woman like elbowed me in the stomach to get past me...and I wasn't even trying to get a TV I was just waiting for my friend to get hers! Then I swear we were over by the DVDs and this lady like took my buggy and pushed it as hard as she could into my stomach. My friend was ready to kick some butt that day!!!! Last year when we went we were at Walmart waiting to get the digital picture frames and this group of really fat woman like blocked us between the pallet and themselves and wouldn't move back and when they cut the plastic they like jumped into us and I swear they had to weigh about 300lbs each! We were all trying to crawl out from underneath them on the floor...no joke!

User avatar
melblack
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: Lafayette, GA

Postby melblack » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:45 am

When that guy climbed on my back it hurt for about a week.

Another time, I took my brother to Wal Mart to get the $200 computer. I went Thanksgiving night and saw one sitting on the shelf but did not think anything about it. When we got there at 4 am we stood in line for this computer that was on a pallet and there was four extremely huge women standing infront of us being complete asses and kept telling us they were getting all of them that there would not be enough for us. So I whispered to my brother that I saw one high on a shelf the night before and so I told him that I was going to look and see if it was still there. I walked across the isle and up to the shelf reached high on my tip toes and pulled it down and carried it over to the buggy and dropped it infront of those crappy women and turned around walked to the line to check out and was going to the truck before they could even get there first one. I know that sounds like a smart ass thing to do but I though it was just plain smart b/c I was back on the road and on my way to the next store pretty quickly. I know it is a hectic time but it can be fun if dummies and smart elecs stay home.

User avatar
XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 6209
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Postby XmasDVD » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:10 pm

melblack wrote:When that guy climbed on my back it hurt for about a week.

Another time, I took my brother to Wal Mart to get the $200 computer. I went Thanksgiving night and saw one sitting on the shelf but did not think anything about it. When we got there at 4 am we stood in line for this computer that was on a pallet and there was four extremely huge women standing infront of us being complete asses and kept telling us they were getting all of them that there would not be enough for us. So I whispered to my brother that I saw one high on a shelf the night before and so I told him that I was going to look and see if it was still there. I walked across the isle and up to the shelf reached high on my tip toes and pulled it down and carried it over to the buggy and dropped it infront of those crappy women and turned around walked to the line to check out and was going to the truck before they could even get there first one. I know that sounds like a smart ass thing to do but I though it was just plain smart b/c I was back on the road and on my way to the next store pretty quickly. I know it is a hectic time but it can be fun if dummies and smart elecs stay home.


...Sounds like you and Karabear had the same fat chicks in front of you blocking the display pallet. I do hope it goes better for everyone this year!

User avatar
melblack
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: Lafayette, GA

Postby melblack » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:37 pm

You can't let the crazy people get you down. If you truly love BF shopping and the thrill of the experience then you learn from the bad and keep going. :lol:

SteveDaWonder
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:12 am

Postby SteveDaWonder » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:13 am

In 2006 my sister and I went to Best Buy to pick up a digital camera. She was pushed into a shelf and got a cut on her forehead that is still there.

User avatar
newyorkcityholic
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:37 am
Location: grayson, ga

Postby newyorkcityholic » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:40 am

Wow thats a crazy story! I hate to say it and hopefully no one takes this the wrong way but usually Mexicans do cut the line (anywhere....not just on BF, but at a a simple line at the grocery store, bank, etc). It kinda makes me mad when you confront them and they say "no speak english" But I hope I dont get ran into this year! I have multiple heart defects and a pacemaker and a defibrillator. I cant be messed with or else Ill have to go to the hospital!

User avatar
melblack
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: Lafayette, GA

Postby melblack » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey NewYork, just make sure to take someone with you to watch your back. I had two people with me but I had sent them to another area b/c it was not crowded where I was. This year we will all be sticking together. This is the only time out of many years that I have been jumped like that. They have cut into lines, tried pulling things from my hands, but this is the first time I was used as a latter to climb on. This year I am not taking that kind of crap. This is my time of year and I wait 365 to play in my wonder land of BF. I hope everyone has a great experience and don't let anyone get to you. Relax take a breath and keep kicking. :lol:

User avatar
Brittney19
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Georgia

Postby Brittney19 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:50 pm

That's just awful! I'm really sorry that happened to you. :( I remember when I was about 9, we went to Wal mart for bf & some workers carted out some dolls. I wanted to get one for my little sister & then when I was about to get it, some one yanked my arm & pulled away me from the shelf. They then took two or 3 dolls for themselves. :? Since then, i've never gone on an aisle on bf without my mom. I hope you have better luck this year! :)

thevioletbutterfly
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:41 am

Some People

Postby thevioletbutterfly » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 am

That was harsh. I know alot of people who have had similar experiences. I don't know what it is about a daal that makes people crazy.

thenuke1
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:19 am

Postby thenuke1 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:57 am

i hate the A$$holes that cut in line when they start to let people in it pisses me off

User avatar
MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1645
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby MikesTooLz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:29 pm

thenuke1 wrote:i hate the A$$holes that cut in line when they start to let people in it pisses me off

Yes really, I mean COME ON. People wait out there forever and they they show up when the store is about to open and try to get in the front. They do it every year too, they just hover around close to the front of the line to try and rush in when they open the doors.

We even sometime yell at they to go to the back of the line or get an employee to tell them to go to the back of the line. But they just ignore us and wait for the store to open to try and rush in. The employees try to keep them out but one or two normaly get in. Luckily they manager at the store we go to just has somone fallow them around inside and make sure they cant buy anything and are refused at any of the cash registers.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

User avatar
Alias33
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:06 am
Location: Charlotte,NC

Postby Alias33 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:31 pm

I have already talked to people I know that work at Best Buy and Circuit City. They are telling me that this year they are gonna give out vouchers for those who have waited all night for special doorbuster items this year. So if you dont have a voucher you cant get a special item since they will have them behind the counter and you got to show the voucher to be able to get it. So that should help out with people who try to cut in line and not stay out all night like the honest people do. I hate people that think they can sleep all night and come like 5 mintues before the store opens and expect to get all the good items on sale. It really bust my bubble!!!!! :evil:

User avatar
MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1645
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 am
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Postby MikesTooLz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Alias33 wrote:I have already talked to people I know that work at Best Buy and Circuit City. They are telling me that this year they are gonna give out vouchers for those who have waited all night for special doorbuster items this year. So if you dont have a voucher you cant get a special item since they will have them behind the counter and you got to show the voucher to be able to get it. So that should help out with people who try to cut in line and not stay out all night like the honest people do. I hate people that think they can sleep all night and come like 5 mintues before the store opens and expect to get all the good items on sale. It really bust my bubble!!!!! :evil:


bestbuy and circuit city hand out vouchers every year. He was at walmart, walmartd dosnt hand out vouchers. They have everything hidden and then tell people to find what they want and the first person to grab it is the one who gets it.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest