Why I prefer Circuit City for BF

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:49 pm

According to the wall street journal, circuit city is going to close 150 stores. You can practically buy their stock now with monopoly money. That's how low it is.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:16 pm

2 years ago my husband was fortunate enough to be working for CC on BF. The employees were not allowed to keep any doorbusters for themselves... I made him ask because they had something I wanted. It doesn't surprise me that BB would try something like that.

The CC here is crazy on BF. The line usually starts around noon on Thanksgiving, and by 3:00 a.m. Friday there are hundreds of people in line. I have never gone earlier than that, but I was lucky enough to get what I wanted both years.

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:51 am

Its looking like I may dump CC in favor of either Target or Kmart.

I.e. Kmart sale today 32 inch Olevia HDTV for 419!!!!! and its not even BF yet! :shock:

MadShopper1989
Black Friday Pro

Postby MadShopper1989 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:27 am

Well I went to CC for the first time last year and it wasn't bad but it wasn't good. I got their and there were all of these different lines and the isles were small and the isles were blocked. When I finally got my stuff, my sister and I were trying to figure out which line to go to so we asked a worker and he yelled out "Okay everyone who is checking out get in this line right here." I guess he was tired of people asking him which line to get in. The line was in the back of the store and it wasn't moving. We stood there for 20 minutes in the same spot and my sister said she had to go the car and sit down. So I stand another 20 minutes and I am not lying, I moved 2 inches. I kept hearing people talking about laptops and when the line moved another inch 10 minutes later, I saw that I wasn't in the checkout line I was in the line for the laptop. I was furious :evil: . Standing in one spot for almost an hour wasting good shopping time. I just said forget it I don't need "customer assistance" after the last "help" I got. I went to go find the right line and it took 2 minutes, got in the checkout line and I was out of there in 10 minutes. So after that I'm not exactly a CC fan. Rebates? Who wants to go through that? I know I don't. My sister and like BB. Last year the BB in Rockwall, TX opened a week or 2 before black friday so I guess a lot of people didn't go but I was out of there in 5 minutes.

elle_fleur
Black Friday Pro

Postby elle_fleur » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:43 am

MadShopper1989 wrote:Well I went to CC for the first time last year and it wasn't bad but it wasn't good. I got their and there were all of these different lines and the isles were small and the isles were blocked. When I finally got my stuff, my sister and I were trying to figure out which line to go to so we asked a worker and he yelled out "Okay everyone who is checking out get in this line right here." I guess he was tired of people asking him which line to get in. The line was in the back of the store and it wasn't moving. We stood there for 20 minutes in the same spot and my sister said she had to go the car and sit down. So I stand another 20 minutes and I am not lying, I moved 2 inches. I kept hearing people talking about laptops and when the line moved another inch 10 minutes later, I saw that I wasn't in the checkout line I was in the line for the laptop. I was furious :evil: . Standing in one spot for almost an hour wasting good shopping time. I just said forget it I don't need "customer assistance" after the last "help" I got. I went to go find the right line and it took 2 minutes, got in the checkout line and I was out of there in 10 minutes. So after that I'm not exactly a CC fan. Rebates? Who wants to go through that? I know I don't. My sister and like BB. Last year the BB in Rockwall, TX opened a week or 2 before black friday so I guess a lot of people didn't go but I was out of there in 5 minutes.

lmao....oh my gosh. I would have felt so lame if that happened to me. thats too funny

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:37 am

I have to tell you though, in my area, Circuit City is just not a classy place.

You can go up the road to Bestbuy and you have intelligent, courteous individuals who know what they heck they are talking about - kinda like watching Chuck! :)

But Circuit City, they hire a lot of young kids, they are rough with the equipment they are stocking and completely unfocused.

I don't know if that had anything to do with CC budgeting, but I'll tell you if that is the case, the writing was on the wall for over a year. - all it took was this economy to give it the final nudge.

CkyTx
Black Friday Pro

Postby CkyTx » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:08 pm

The past 3 yrs Ive gone to BB. The first time the lines were tough but the 2nd and 3rd time they had that prob taken care of and the wait in line was nowhere near as bad.

No rebates.

Line cutters got delt with.

armbarangel
Black Friday Newbie

Postby armbarangel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:14 am

How about none of the above?

Fry's Electronics

geoff5093
Black Friday Pro

Postby geoff5093 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:35 pm

BB always seems to have better deals, and as someone else said a few years ago their computer sales reflected something like a $200 mail-in rebate if you sign up with AOL. I like how BB has all instant rebates and none of that sub. crap! Of course you risk not getting a ticket for the item you want at BB.

kevo
Black Friday Pro

Postby kevo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:22 am

CC only lets so many people in at once... No huge croud punching and screaming like idots

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:31 am

kevo wrote:CC only lets so many people in at once... No huge croud punching and screaming like idots
That increases your waiting time by probably 3 times as long. While your waiting for jimmy inside to stop playing the rock band demo and leave the deals you planed on trying to get at other stores slowly slip away.

and why does CC only have 1 or 2 registers? Do they like people to have to wait in line, or do they just not sell stuff that often?
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

kevo
Black Friday Pro

Postby kevo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:34 am

Be first and you wont have a problem

Valtar
Black Friday Pro

Postby Valtar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 am

MikesTooLz wrote:
kevo wrote:CC only lets so many people in at once... No huge croud punching and screaming like idots
That increases your waiting time by probably 3 times as long. While your waiting for jimmy inside to stop playing the rock band demo and leave the deals you planed on trying to get at other stores slowly slip away.

and why does CC only have 1 or 2 registers? Do they like people to have to wait in line, or do they just not sell stuff that often?

Well, same thing happens at BB where I go, if you're not first in line thden it'll take like 4 hours to check out.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:24 am

Valtar wrote:Well, same thing happens at BB where I go, if you're not first in line thden it'll take like 4 hours to check out.

Not at my bestbuy. Our local CC lest 10-15 people in at a time and lets the didly-dadly around the store for an hour before letting other people in and only have one or two registers.

Our local bestbuy lets the people pack into the store up to the maximum capacity and has all the registers open. They rope off the isles so that there is just one big line that goes around the entire length of the store. You pick up your items on the way and the line ends up at the registers. I'm in and out within 10 minutes or less.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Adamixoye
Black Friday Pro

Postby Adamixoye » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:29 pm

I don't know why people are so passionate about arguing over something that so clearly depends on where you live/which stores you go to.

Return to “Rants and Raves”