C & D BS!!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

Do you go to stores that issue C&D letters?

Yea, I still gotta be in line!
29%
NO, screw them bastards!
14%
Yes, but I won't go there first
19%
Who really cares?
39%

Total votes: 59

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:44 am

AshFrash wrote:And, if you're quick enough to download the PDF of the ad, a C&D won't matter!

Exactly, I just happened to be browsing this site one day and saw the ACE ad was up, so I snatched it. Even though it's now been removed from the site, I was quick enough to grab it and have it saved on my computer. It didn't look impressive by any means, but it was an ad regardless. The ability to save and the amount of C&D letters that come out make me wonder why anyone wouldn't download the scan when it becomes available. That way you have it regardless of whether or not it remains on here. Last year I had almost every ad that was put up on the site. After Black Friday I simply deleted them from my computer. It made the most sense to me that way I could actually view the ad in addition to seeing a text description like is on this site also.

AshFrash
Black Friday Pro

Postby AshFrash » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 am

guitarist19862005 wrote:
AshFrash wrote:And, if you're quick enough to download the PDF of the ad, a C&D won't matter!

Exactly, I just happened to be browsing this site one day and saw the ACE ad was up, so I snatched it. Even though it's now been removed from the site, I was quick enough to grab it and have it saved on my computer. It didn't look impressive by any means, but it was an ad regardless. The ability to save and the amount of C&D letters that come out make me wonder why anyone wouldn't download the scan when it becomes available. That way you have it regardless of whether or not it remains on here. Last year I had almost every ad that was put up on the site. After Black Friday I simply deleted them from my computer. It made the most sense to me that way I could actually view the ad in addition to seeing a text description like is on this site also.

You got it. I'm going to try to save the ad scans for next year, so I have something to compare to! It might be interesting to see that happens year to year.. Anyone have scans from last year still?

TakenAback
Black Friday Pro

Postby TakenAback » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:30 am

I like this site oodles, but I don't even think the owner would expect us to boycott retailers who send him C&D's.

It has no impact on my purchasing, but I'll give the employees a dirty look on the way out. ;)

kjax
Black Friday Pro

Postby kjax » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 am

TakenAback wrote:
It has no impact on my purchasing, but I'll give the employees a dirty look on the way out. ;)

lmao

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:38 pm

With the economy where it is at, I think that retailers should dispose with the C&D and release their prices early.

People are going to be looking for the deals this year, and just by releasing an ad early will allow people to add that store to thier go-to places, thus increasing more volume and activity for that store.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Also, All in all, it depends on the prices, but to me it seems as though these retailers that participate in the C&D censorship do not have the greatest deals anyway.

hays4cat
Black Friday Pro

Postby hays4cat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 am

jediknight wrote:Also, All in all, it depends on the prices, but to me it seems as though these retailers that participate in the C&D censorship do not have the greatest deals anyway.

Yeah, I've noticed that too! I would think the retailers wouln't mind the leaks though b/c then they can see their competitors' prices and offer online deals to undercut them. Duh!
WARNING!!!!! I am trained in the art of combat shopping!

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 pm

hays4cat wrote:
jediknight wrote:Also, All in all, it depends on the prices, but to me it seems as though these retailers that participate in the C&D censorship do not have the greatest deals anyway.

Yeah, I've noticed that too! I would think the retailers wouln't mind the leaks though b/c then they can see their competitors' prices and offer online deals to undercut them. Duh!

That's what I'm talkin' about! Double Ga-Duh to them! :)

Return to “Rants and Raves”