Who is standing in line? Who is sitting at home?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

How are you shopping Black Friday 2008?

Sitting At Home
15%
Waiting In Line
78%
Screw Black Friday
7%

Total votes: 126

gseclipse11
Black Friday Pro

Postby gseclipse11 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:13 am

Sitting in line like always.

jgm8
Black Friday Pro

Sitting In Line & At Home

Postby jgm8 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Last year's ads did not thrill me. I found all of my deals online, Dell Laptop, CC HDTV, etc. I ended up at the store anyway. I introduced a friend to BF about 5 years ago. I sat her down and explained what can happen during BF. One year, my mom & I got into a physical fight because of Furbies. :shock: We had one that another woman wanted and it was all on. My friend was still excited. She had such bad anxiety attacks the first time, I thought I would have to call 911. Once I got her to breathe, we were all set. She passed on BF to some family, but last year, begged to go with me instead. She couln't get any of the items on her list with them. Last year, we met up around 10pm the night before. After our map was set, we headed out. We had everything on her list, not to mention the lists for 6 other people, done by 11am. We stopped for breakfast and headed home. What a rush BF is. I think it is my 2nd favorite day of the year, Christmas being first. I already have people asking if I am going out and if I would take care of their lists. :D

robb01
Black Friday Pro

Postby robb01 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:07 pm

Sitting in Line, anxiously awaiting the ads :D
On the Hunt for Great Deals!

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Postby coco76 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Absolutely everything that I wanted on BF 2007 I got online. Whether they were flash drives or more expensive, big ticket items...I got it all online. I got to avoid the cold, fighting, pushing, disappointment of not getting what I wanted after standing in line for hours. It's worth it to me to stay home and wait for the deals to start showing up online.

TakenAback
Black Friday Pro

Postby TakenAback » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Depends on the ads we see. Then I'll vote.

Jaric
Black Friday Pro

Postby Jaric » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:11 pm

mommyofanangelbaby wrote:This will be my first year standing in line. Im going to WalMart first with a friend.

Good luck with that, I'm always slightly scared to go to Walmart on black friday. It was either last year or the year before that the Walmart in the next city over had their front doors ripped off by the people trying to get in...

I put my vote in as wait in line but this might be the first year that I try buying online.

jyamin
Black Friday Newbie

Postby jyamin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:21 pm

I will probably do both...got a laptop last year online and then I stood in line all night for another laptop...I love going out for black friday...meet new people...it's great:)

mdmontfort
Black Friday Newbie

Postby mdmontfort » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:55 am

Every year my whole family (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins) all start out together shopping on bf and eventually split. Last year, kids and grandkids were looking for a TV for my grandparents. Found the perfect one at Circuit City and when we got there one sales associate told us they had 2 TVs left and another told us that they had 2 TVs in the back but they were already sold to internet customers. We were soooo mad. Why should the companies allow internet users to purchase inventory from the stores instead of warehouses and turn away the paying customers that are there in the stores. Needless to say, if there is a big purchase this year on sale I will check at midnight and 6 or 7 a.m. to see if it is available online to insure that we get it.

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Both - Surfing the Web first and then heading out with the masses.

DG6571
Black Friday Newbie

Standing in lines at Cicuit City

Postby DG6571 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:02 pm

Last year we stood in line at Circuit City for 4 hours. By the time we were allowed in the store the computers werew completely sold out! Talk about being frustrated! Never again will I ever go there. :evil:

Eddyisgreat
Black Friday Pro

Postby Eddyisgreat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:07 pm

mdmontfort wrote:Why should the companies allow internet users to purchase inventory from the stores instead of warehouses and turn away the paying customers that are there in the stores. Needless to say, if there is a big purchase this year on sale I will check at midnight and 6 or 7 a.m. to see if it is available online to insure that we get it.

FWIW, you cannot "reserve" an item per say from circuit city online HOWEVER you can purchase the item online for store pickup. So Circuit City probably does not care about the medium in which their products are payed for, just as long as they are.

I know it sucks (honest I do), but there is probably another individual in another thread stating how cool they are for purchasing items online instead of waiting. Lol, it was probably the same one who got your TV's!

Gard
Black Friday Pro

Postby Gard » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:38 pm

I just buy it all from BB, Staples and others online. They had good deals on their websites last year and am hoping they have more this year. It was much easier than waiting in a line. I have a trick to getting the items fast before they sell out, but I'm not sharing it :P :twisted:

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Re: Standing in lines at Cicuit City

Postby iKitsune » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:44 pm

DG6571 wrote:Last year we stood in line at Circuit City for 4 hours. By the time we were allowed in the store the computers werew completely sold out! Talk about being frustrated! Never again will I ever go there. :evil:

You poor dear! 4 hours! Come tell the kitsune about it! Would... would you like a hug? And some hot cocoa? :(

BFgirl78
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFgirl78 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:36 am

TakenAback wrote:Depends on the ads we see. Then I'll vote.

I wish I would have seen your post before I voted :?

Money is going to be really tight for me this year so it really will depend on what the ads look like. I wish my boss gave out the Christmas bonus before BF rather than the first week in December.

iKitsune
Black Friday Pro

Postby iKitsune » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:26 pm

cmac1337 wrote:
zim05 wrote:I'll be standing in line for sure!!! If this year will be like the last, I'll be at our 24hr Walmart ready to grab!

haha i hear ya man. i'll be out waiting as well.

but i'll be at BB. i can't stand the pushin and shovin at walmart. its ridiculous. no order.

Best Buy is -too- orderly. I want to get in a good old fashioned rugby scrum again one of these years.

Return to “Rants and Raves”