Online Shopping...... I don't have the patience!!!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Online Shopping...... I don't have the patience!!!

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Holy moly... now I know why I prefer to do all of my black friday shopping in store. I did quite a bit of shopping online Saturday and Sunday and this stuff is taking FOREVERRRRRRR to ship! Even bigger stores like Younkers and Kohls... and they're using a snail service....

we are just way too spoiled with amazon prime.....

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Re: Online Shopping...... I don't have the patience!!!

Postby SantaShopper » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:14 pm

I know what you mean. I ordered some stuff a week ago that hasn't even shipped yet :( . Also, I like to buy lots of clothes as gifts like PJs, tops, jackets, socks, that kinda stuff. I just don't trust the sizing online! I need to see it with my own eyes, because the hassle of shipping something back is just too much.

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:54 pm

I hear you! I like to try things on and actually feel the clothing to determine if it is what I want. I've been burnt too many times.

If I know exactly what I want and I'm familiar with it, I'll order online. This is an extremely busy time though. I've seen a difference between ordering prior to Black Friday and ordering Thanksgiving/Black Friday. I ordered things from Kohl's online the Monday before Thanksgiving and began receiving items on Black Friday. Everything came in by Monday. I ordered things from Old Navy on Thanksgiving and they said at check out that it would arrive between Dec. 5th and Dec. 12th if I used free shipping, which I did. Old Navy was out of the size and color I needed at the brick and mortar store.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:34 pm

I've gotten everything I ordered last week. Kohl's is notoriously slow on shipping though, they use FedEx. FedEx is horrible, at least in this region. Things get sent to Charlotte and they stay in Charlotte for almost a week. Every.Single.Order. I am 2 hours from Charlotte. It drives me nuts.

I will say as much as I hate Best Buy, I never shop there. However this year I did since a dear friend let me use her account to access the Elite Sale early. I placed the order I think on Sunday and had everything by Wednesday.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 am

teknoge3k wrote:I've gotten everything I ordered last week. Kohl's is notoriously slow on shipping though, they use FedEx. FedEx is horrible, at least in this region. Things get sent to Charlotte and they stay in Charlotte for almost a week. Every.Single.Order. I am 2 hours from Charlotte. It drives me nuts.

I will say as much as I hate Best Buy, I never shop there. However this year I did since a dear friend let me use her account to access the Elite Sale early. I placed the order I think on Sunday and had everything by Wednesday.

Yea best buy gets the gold star! I ordered items ON Thanksgiving and they were marked as shipped that evening. Of course they didn't go out there but I received both of those items early this week.

The thing with Fedex and UPS.... they are perplexing. We order office supplies through a company in TX and I think we pay maybe $7 for shipping if under $100 and we seriously have it the NEXT DAY (fedex). Order from chewy.com, they ship the same day, shipping is free over $50 and i have it within 2-3 days (Fedex). Even free shipping with UPS sometimes I can get it within 2 days. But I don't know what some companies use... but it makes UPS and Fedex move at a snails pace. And that isn't even fedex smart post or whatever (which I hate with a passion).

I think I have two orders that haven't even shipped yet... almost a week after ordering and 1 order is half of an order. Half of it has shipped but of course the main item for why I even ordered online hasn't moved.

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:35 am

I hear ya.. I never order online unless it's something I don't need right away. This year, since I was out of state for work I did 90% of my BF shopping online. Ordered Thanksgiving night, received last order (walmart.com TV and some DVDs) yesterday afternoon, a week isn't too bad considering I'm going to be storing most of this stuff away til the 25th anyway. Everything was shipped via FedEx. Not even sure the last time I had something delivered by the "brown" team and frankly never had any positive experience with them anyway.

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby SantaShopper » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:47 am

I just ordered a pair of shoes on Amazon...I swore I never would order clothes, but I couldnt pass up the $13 lightening deal. Now I'm biting my nails waiting for them to arrive, hoping they will be true to size!

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Kohl's shipped slow, BB was very fast (1-day shipping - ordered on Thanksgiving and it arrived Friday evening!), Walmart was touch and go. Some of their things shipped pretty fast, while a single DVD took over a week to arrive, and I'm still waiting for a box with clothing items in it, which won't be here until Monday. However, on Thursday, I ordered a large heavy kitchen island for our new house from Walmart through one of their 'affiliate' sites or whatever. Before placing my order, it said that we would probably receive it on or around December 13th, which would have been perfect as our move got delayed by a week. After placing the order, it then said we should receive it by December 8th. Still ok as that's the weekend we'll be moving anything that fits in my giant SUV. However, I looked out my front door this morning because I hear a loud noise, and there it was, sitting on our front porch!! 36 hour shipping is probably the fastest I've ever gotten from Walmart.... Now to figure out where to store this large 130 lb. box until we move... :lol:

Return to “Rants and Raves”