Share your Black Friday 2017 experience here!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Re: Share your Black Friday 2017 experience here!

Postby cinemike16 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:27 pm

2017 marks the first year where I didn't do much BF shopping. I was out of state (Florida) for work the last two weeks, stopped at Walmart after work (around 4pm) for a couple turkey TV dinners and tall-boys. Saw everything covered in plastic and guards standing near them to keep people from tearing into them early. Crowd was rather lame that early, who knows if it spiked as it got closer to 6pm or not. Returned to my hotel room, watched Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) [a annual tradition] and order my big present to my parents- a new TV from walmart.com- as well as some smaller stuff for the kid. Friday morning, I was insistent on renting a car and doing some sightseeing, ended up stopping at Best Buy. They were crazy packed (no surprise to be honest) even over 12 hours past the start of the sale. Grabbed a couple TV seasons and some Blu-rays I wanted but couldn't order online, found Call of Duty World War II for $39 so I decided to just pick it up and cancel my online order. From there I decided to drive out to Daytona to visit family, after a ridiculously short visit I grabbed a bite to eat and headed over to the beach despite the cooler temps (well cooler to Florida standards).

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Re: Share your Black Friday 2017 experience here!

Postby blue3715 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:04 pm

blue3715 wrote:Got my 20volt Dewalt drill from home depot 3 days before BF, at the BF price. That was cool.

From Lowes, got four of 36-pk Rayovac AA batteries, just $6 each. Total steal. 16c/battery!

Got to Best Buy at 2:10pm, about 60th in line. Thought tickets went out at 3pm.. turns out it was 4pm which bfads had wrong. They had stacks of tickets for EVERYTHING, except the $179 Sharp 55" tv, which they had only about 30, so that was a double bummer. But I did get two 44 packs of dunkin donuts k-cups for $20 (about 50% off).

Bought a bunch of clothes and stuff at Kohls. Got 15% off on top of the BF price, and earned 45 Kohls bucks. Also got a coupon for 20% off on top, so we will be going back next week for the double savings.

Micheals was awesome. Their canvas (painters) frames were $7, down from $20! People bought tons of them. Also we got 30% off our entire purchase (30% off the BF price!). Truly a deal if I ever saw one.

We got a new Nordic Track treadmill from Sears. Down from $1499 to $599. We needed a new one, so perfect timing.

Needed a new garbage pail, got it at TrueValue for 50% off ($12 from $24)

On Amazon, got a bluetooth music speaker for my daughter for $30, half off. Had eyed it for a while so happy it came on sale.

Finally got a great 12' trampoline from Kmart for $149, down from $299, with free slam jam basketball net.

Nothing bought from Target or Costco (but did get lunch at Costco... hotdog and soda for $1.50. Who can pass that up?!)

Caved to my 9 yr old and got the Xbox One S 500gb from GameStop for $189, plus extra controller.

Return to “Rants and Raves”