Share your Black Friday 2017 experience here!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jontacular
Black Friday Newbie

Re: Share your Black Friday 2017 experience here!

Postby jontacular » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 am

I did all my shopping online this year. We didn't really need any big ticket items, but the cheap video games and movies mainly among some other things.

Was able to get Legend of Zelda on the Switch from Wal Mart when it went on sale, tried to get it again when it glitched to $29.00 price but couldn't. Also ordered it from Amazon in case anything goes wrong with Wal Mart.

Got Emoji movie for my daughter, and some PJ's.

Got Crash bandicoot at Target online. along with some other movies

JCPenney got some clothes for my grandma

Kohls ended up getting some jewelry and a blender

Then more games and various stuff through Amazon.

blue3715
Black Friday Pro

Postby blue3715 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Got my 20volt Dewalt drill from home depot 3 days before BF, at the BF price. That was cool.

From Lowes, got four of 36-pk Rayovac AA batteries, just $6 each. Total steal. 16c/battery!

Got to Best Buy at 2:10pm, about 60th in line. Thought tickets went out at 3pm.. turns out it was 4pm which bfads had wrong. They had stacks of tickets for EVERYTHING, except the $179 Sharp 55" tv, which they had only about 30, so that was a double bummer. But I did get two 44 packs of dunkin donuts k-cups for $20 (about 50% off).

Bought a bunch of clothes and stuff at Kohls. Got 15% off on top of the BF price, and earned 45 Kohls bucks. Also got a coupon for 20% off on top, so we will be going back next week for the double savings.

Micheals was awesome. Their canvas (painters) frames were $7, down from $20! People bought tons of them. Also we got 30% off our entire purchase (30% off the BF price!). Truly a deal if I ever saw one.

We got a new Nordic Track treadmill from Sears. Down from $1499 to $599. We needed a new one, so perfect timing.

Needed a new garbage pail, got it at TrueValue for 50% off ($12 from $24)

On Amazon, got a bluetooth music speaker for my daughter for $30, half off. Had eyed it for a while so happy it came on sale.

Finally got a great 12' trampoline from Kmart for $149, down from $299, with free slam jam basketball net.

Nothing bought from Target or Costco (but did get lunch at Costco... hotdog and soda for $1.50. Who can pass that up?!)

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:27 pm

I was unable to get out on BF due to paperwork. I went out today though. Picked up some flannel shirts for hubby and sweaters for girls at Target and took advantage of their BOGO 50% off on makeup/beauty sets. With three girls, that helps a lot. I couldn't find th Lindsey Stirling CD at either Target. The staff were awesome trying to find them because both stores said they had them in stock, but neither store could find them. I ordered it online and with free shipping it will arrive by Thursday. Weirdly, it would have cost more in tax to ship to store. With free shipping, I figured I would have it delivered to the house. My daughter will be surprised. she's been a big help lately and though it's not a spendy item, she loves Lindsey Stirling's music. It will be a nice little treat for her.

Irishmaire
Black Friday Pro

Postby Irishmaire » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:57 am

On Monday, I took advantage of Kohl’s early online shopping. I ordered sheets, a blanket, comforter, mattress topper and some clothes. Wednesday, I shopped Old Navy’s early Black Friday sales with my daughters and then bought some things online at Toys ‘R Us.

On Friday, we went to Kohl’s at 5 am and picked up some jeans and pillows. There were plenty of people working so there were no lines. Then we headed to Target just before the 6 am opening. There was a line but it was 24 degrees outside so we waited in the car. Then we picked up a jacket, gloves, pants, and NFL shirts. The NFL attire was picked over from the night before. I found two things but I wasn’t thrilled with them. There were no lines at Target and they had plenty of staff. Then we headed to Boscov’s for leather gloves. Again, there were no lines and plenty of staff.

By that point it was almost 7 am. We went to Bath and Body Works but they didn’t carry the scent we were looking for so headed over to Michael’s. We walked around but for the first time ever on Black Friday, I didn’t see anything I wanted to buy. I could tell there was a crowd there the night before. The store was picked over but there were no lines at all. There was just one more store to hit - A.C. Moore. We got some ponchos, blanket scarves, lanterns, paint, gingerbread kits and candles. They had plenty of staff and no lines. Then we headed home. It was 8:20 am and I was done shopping at the B & M stores. Normally, I’m out until 10 am! It was very strange.

I grabbed some breakfast and then starting on inputting the bought items and prices into the database. After I saw what was left in the budget for each person, I did some online shopping. There were a few items that weren’t at our local Old Navy so I ordered them. Then I did some shopping at QVC. I looked at Amazon but there was nothing there that I wanted. Finally, I ordered some shoes 50% off at Payless.com.

It was lunch by this point so I grabbed lunch and then started in on wrapping gifts. I took the items out of the Target bag and that’s when I noticed that the snap had been ripped off of the jacket. Ugh! Before making the trip to Target, I decided to check out Kmart to see if they still had NFL attire that was on sale. I picked up a pillow and NFL shirts that were on a better sale than Target. Kmart had a line but it was also later in the day. They had 3 registers but one stopped working in the middle of a transaction. I was glad that I was not in that line. I came back home, ordered the Target jacket online and then drove back to Target and returned the NFL shirts and jacket. It was quite crowded in comparison to 8 hours earlier. Two people were working in returns and I had to wait in line for 10 minutes. By that point it was 2:30 pm and the end of my shopping adventure.

All in all, it was a good Black Friday. Thanks, BFAds.net staff for helping us out this week!

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:57 pm

We were out of town this week, coming home on Thanksgiving, so I knew things would be off this year. i also didn't need too much.

I had been debating going to Wal-Mart first - I always go but never first and the thoughts of riots scared me a little. I decided to order online and see what happened. Was able to get the 900 piece Lego set and undies for my son. Passed on a few items. I wanted the Cars 3 and Shopkins DVDs but they weren't on sale. Mid-day thanksgiving they finally changed the page to stay in store only. too late after I stayed up an hour to see if they changed!! I did in store pickup so hopefully it works out OK.

So Target and Kohls were on my list to go to that evening. My back was hurting, and it was raining hard the closer we got to home, so I was on the fence to go out. As we were driving home, I saw that target had their doorbusters up online. We got home about 3, so I went on the computer and was able to get dustbuster for my mom and the rubbermaid doorbuster for me :D Used as many gift cards as I could, so it was cheap.

Then I did Kohls online and got all I wanted - towels for my nephew an SIL, fun glasses for him and my son, sonicare toothbrush (rebate) and clearance shirt for my son, socks for my SIL, and I even threw in a Christmas shirt for me ;) use my $10 reward and got my Kohls cash and Yes2You rewards.

It was so bleh shopping online. I really miss the excitement and rush of shopping on BF. Ordering online is like ordering online any other day.

DH always likes to go out on Friday, and I was still hoping to get those 2 DVDs (but not expecting it). We stopped at Target first, and when DH took the kid to the bathroom, I found the Cars 3 Blu Ray combo! They had like 20 left!!! So I was to buy it without the kiddo seeing, using the rest of my gwp gift cards I paid $2. We did buy him a couple of other DVD s (road trip for Christmas) and some other randomess

Then up to Bealls to use my reward. Bought ornaments for the exchange. Hope she likes them!! then to Walmart where the Shopkins DVD was right there in the top of a cart of DVDs!! I was so stoked, AND the kid didn't notice, so at least he has another surprise. Bought a few little things there too.

Across the street to Bed, Bath, Beyod where got a much need ottoman on clearance and DS snuck in a little magic 8 ball! Use a reward at Hallmark to buy an ornament for the kid's teacher.

Last top was Kohls to use the $10 in store only. Lines were still crazy long!! Got a little toy for my niece, a book for my nephew and a puzzle and stocking stuffer for my son.

A productive day, Glad we went out shopping, but it still isn't exactly the same as the nighttime rush!!

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:08 pm

I did some shopping but I don't think my heart was really in it since I've been sick since Wednesday night.

Wednesday - went to Bass Pro for a couple thermal shirts (I like them for layering under short sleeve tees) and fleece lined jeans for my sister.

Thursday - went out but didn't buy anything

Friday - went to the Menards 6 hour sale, but the main thing I wanted was gone. Thought about getting the fleece lined jeans (cheaper than bass pro) but decided I didn't have the patience to wait in line. Went to Petco but didn't buy anything and got a pet bed from PetSmart that I ultimately returned Saturday because it turned out to be too small. I got 2 of the $4 DVDs from Target, a couple fleece vnecks from JCPenney and some sweats from Sears. I hadn't planned to go to Walmart originally, but since I had 2 pairs of jeans rip at he inner thigh in the past week I de iced to go pick up a few of the $11 jeans. Had to price match them against the website. I'm not sure if this was technically part of their Black Friday sale. Then I went to Kohl's because I wanted the $30 medium weight jacket since my current one is kind of falling apart. I really wanted it in purple but they didn't have it bigger than a medium. I probably could have got away with that, but I thought it would be more responsible to go for a large since it was as tight under the arms. They had a large in white, but the line was too long so I decided I'd check online and come back later.

When I looked at Kohl's online, they said that jacket/coat I wanted was sold out completely - both online and in store.

Friday night I went back to Menards and they still had the fleece lined jeans for just $3 more than the 6hour sale price, but I ultimately decided to pass since the fleece lining seemed to be super thin compared to the bass pro fleece lined jeans. I did get a couple pairs of the $1 cozy socks, the $7 ski gloves, and a 2pk of thermal socks. Then I went to Kohl's and found the jackets were still there - the website lied. So I got it in white and grabbed a few other things to get up to $50.

Saturday - returned the too small pet bed to Petsmart, got a couple bags of jerky treats at Petco, and picked up some dog food at Treats Unleashed. The food wasn't on sale, but I figured I would need it soon enough and the store was giving away mystery gift cards with any purchase $50 or more.

Tl;dr - I was sick and didn't have a lot of patience for waiting in line. I got some stuff but nothing amazing.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:23 am

Mine started Tuesday I believe... ordered a couple items from Kohls that I wanted. Picked them up Wednesday.

Thursday I woke up with a headache (super awesome) - and my aspirin was at my office. But thankfully I was heading to Younkers for the 11 am opening and my office is just down the road. So I left home about 9:30 - stopped at my office, took my aspirin and was on my way to Younkers. Got my $10 gift card (waited in line maybe 40 min). Younkers was busy but not overly crowded like they have been in the past. You could actually walk around comfortably!
So I went and grabbed the "my pillow" first then wondered around the rest of the store. Picked up some LED mini lights that were on sale, one for my friend who's over seas for her mini tree I'm sending her and 2 for me to decorate my desk at work. Then wandered around some more, double checked my list for younkers. Saw that I also wanted the chenille bath rugs. Grabbed them and headed to the check out. I think I was out of the store by 11:30.

JCP was next which is right next to Younkers. A small line was already forming but I stayed in my vehicle to look through the other ads to see if there was anything I missed online (there wasn't). I think I jumped in line at JCP about 12:30. That was one LONG 1.5 hours but thankfully it was super nice here in Iowa and I was just wearing a hoodie and jeans and actually go pretty warm with the sun beating down on us.

However JCP was a HUGE BUST. I got my $10 coupon and the main item I wanted there were rain boots that were shown in the ad for $20. I was also going to get a pair for my friend. They did not have them. I wandered around the entire store about 2-3 times just to make sure they weren't in some random spot. Our JCP also has a Sephora and you can use the $10 coupon on sephora items also but they were also out of the one item I wanted at Sephora.

So off to the JCP home store I went. Probably my worst black friday experience this year. I grabbed the towels I wanted then wandered around a bit to see if there was anything else I needed. Then went to the line I normally check out in, which is WAY shorter than the main checkout. There was a bit of a longer line that other years. No big deal, still seemed shorter than the main checkout. However I'm sure I stayed in line for min of 30 min. There are 4 registers at this checkout and they were only using 2 of them and people had carts piled so high with stuff. And then the two people in front of me both had a ton of stuff and both were making issues for the cashiers. Person 1 had multiple family members that kept randomly bringing stuff up as they checked out. Then her mom wanted to return items they had just paid for. Then another family member brought up two cheap appliances that had rebates but they didn't understand how the rebate process worked. Person 2 wanted to argue about some online gift card thing they tried to get but they said he had to call corporate or online customer service to handle that.
All I wanted to do was pay for my 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels.........

Finally was able to leave JCP home store about 3:30. Went to a local grocery store and got myself some thanksgiving sushi and crab rangoon dip and a starbucks drink to help me get through the night. Then headed over to Walmart.

Got to Walmart about 4:30... walked around to find the items I wanted. 1. Instant Pot 2. Wet Dry Vac 3. pop socket. Of course they were all in completely different areas. Instant Pot was in the center of the store. Wet Dry Vac in the far right corner in Auto. Pop Socket near food. Wasn't sure I'd be able to successfully get to all 3. I parked myself at the Instant Pot since that was the most important. They only had about 20. About 5:30 we had a nice little group going waiting for the Instant Pot. Discussing our strategy so we made sure we all got one. At 6 we all grabbed our Instant Pot, thankfully the box had handles. Then I made my way to the Wet Dry Vac. Still plenty of those. Box was kinda heavy carrying it one-handed. I did bring my large IKEA bag but didn't want to take the time to get it out because I wanted that $2 pop socket! So I got over to that area as fast as I could and got the pop socket. ANd thankfully the checkout line was right there so I made my way up, checked out and to my vehicle by 6:15.

Then I went to Target.. wandered around a bit, found some items to buy. Wasn't very busy, checkout line wasn't very long. I think I was out of there by 7. Then my friend texted me and said she was on her way, she'd be in town by 8. So I headed home and waited for her.

Then we went to kohls.... again, not busy, checkout line wasn't very long (which was AMAZING, that line can wrap around the store for hours). Went to the mall to get some items that weren't on sale.... ha. Then over to the outlet mall (OUR NEW OUTLET MALL!!!!!). By this time it was 9:30ish. Outlet Mall was pretty quiet so that was nice. They were open until midnight. Got some deals. Got out of there by 11:30, headed to that target so my friend could look at some items she wanted to buy. We closed down Target at midnight and headed back to my house. I think I got to bed by 1.

Up bright and early at 5 am Friday morning... headed to Petsmart. First in line about 5:30 :D :D :D I was so determined to get a freaking cart for my cat litter. Having to wait for someone to give one up is a nightmare. My friend wanted some items at Menards so she dropped me off and went to Menards for their 6 am opening. Thankfully about 5:45 I had a nice mother and daughter join me in line. They were fun and we chatted while we waited. About 5-6 more people joined us shortly before 6, but once they found out that it didn't open until 7 ALL of them left. It was funny. But the 3 of us stayed. About 6:30 the line finally started to grow. Right before the store opened the manager came out and said that their online ordering system went down at 2 am and they would likely not be able to fulfill online orders that happened after that. Online orders would be refunded. I got my 10 - 42lb bags of cat litter. My free bag of cat food.

Then we headed to Fleet Farm, check out there was pretty easy too. Then a few other stores picking up bits and pieces. Breakfast about 9:30 and some other stops and finally home before noon.

Overall I feel like I had a pretty successful Black Friday :D However the wait between Younkers and JCP opening was wayyyyyyy too long.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:55 pm

Thursday slept in a little, then went to Kmart with DD and her friend for pillows. got a cart full for the 3 of us. then walked around and ended up putting some stuff on layaway that we wanted. got some food, and took a short nap, then to BB to work. Got home from work about 2 am, left at 6 am to go back to work. worked all day Friday. Went to Goodwill after work for $1 sale, got a couple things. home, sleep. Saturday worked all day, then hit the mall. picked up a stocking stuffer, but too tired to really shop. home, sleep. Sunday worked all day, then Big Lots for lights for one of my trees.

worked over on all my shifts, but honestly don't mind. We got a lot of compliments about how organized we had the store, even with the huge crowds. Today wanted to call out from my regular full time job, but I'm here. Not scheduled till Thurs for BB, but have a uniform in the car, in case I get a call this afternoon since it's cyber Monday and our pick up dept was already crazy before today.
I'm addicted!

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm

I NEED to live vicariously thru all of you, It's driving me nuts not have been out there.

Hi everyone BIG HUGS to all I am FINALLY home from Mayo, yes thank you radiation went well and I will be ok, my hair is already starting to grow.
Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. I have really missed you all

SOOOO first time in 14 years I did not get to partake in BF shopping, not sure how I am going to pull off Christmas for my son, as I haven't been able to work for 1 1/2 years, he is a great kid and just happy to have mom home.

big hugs to ll and your kids I have gotten to know over all these years.

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 pm

teknoge3k wrote:As we approach Black Friday this week and many of the sales starting yesterday and today, post your success stories here.

What did you buy?
What was your main item you wanted?
Where did you go?
Did you miss out on anything?
Any drama in the stores you were in?
Share them here.

Thank you so much and thanks for sending me this link, tells ya how rusty I am. UGH!!!!!!!!!

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:07 pm

My Blacksgiving/Black Friday was mostly great.

Started out at noon in line with my sister-in-law at JcPenney's, waiting for them to open at 2 pm. Every year we hope that we will win the $100 off $100 or $500 off $500 coupons, but alas we only received the $10 off $10 coupons. Used them to buy a sparkly sequin jacket (naturally :wink:) and a puffer vest. We were able to checkout quickly due to associates setting up random pop-up registers throughout the store.

Immediately afterwards we headed to Kohl's to wait for them to open at 5 pm. Overly chatty woman in line with us kept interjecting into our conversation, so we mostly watched Hulu on our phones with earbuds. We had to divide and conquer at this store--I went for the Amazon Echo Dot and my sister-in-law ran for the Fitbit Charge 2. We both were successful, and I grabbed a puffer vest too.

This is when our night got interesting.

We had to HAUL BUTT to Walmart, which was supposed to start at 6 pm. We may or may not have broken the speed limit and arrived at 5:40 pm---only to discover that our local Walmart decided to allow customers to shop EARLY. Every cart was full, pallets and bins were empty, and the checkout lanes were already hours long. The only items I wanted were the $5 reversible sequin pillow for my daughter and a $4 phone screen protector for my husband and myself. For some reason, there were no limits imposed (in my past experiences, everyone is limited to 1 or 2 of each item)--and I witnessed one woman with 30 sequin pillows stuffed into two carts!! There were none left, and I didn't feel like waiting around for 3 hours in line for a phone screen protector. We left empty handed and decided to try our luck at a different Walmart up the road--arrived right at 6 pm, same story as before. Extremely disappointed. Wound up going to Walmart.com and was able to find the reverse sequin pillow for my daughter for only $3 more! Worth it to see my baby smile on Christmas morning!

Afterwards we headed to Michael's. I use the Big Happy Planner and they have great sales on these every year. Able to get in and out in less than 10 minutes.

After this, we went back to my sister-in-law's house to eat a late night dinner and drop off our purchases. Our original plan was to continue shopping early in the morning, but we decided to rally and finish up that night!

We headed BACK to Walmart (yes, for a THIRD time in the same day). Got the screen protectors for our phones and a sparkle sequin case for my daughter's art supplies.

The mall was our final spot. Had a coupon for a free body care item up to $13.50 with any purchase from Bath and Body Works. Picked up Bourbon Lotion for my husband (this smelled so good!), and a bottle of hand sanitizer and snowman holder keychain for my daughter's Christmas party. Went to Sephora as well and picked up a cologne sampler for my husband.

Once we returned to my sister-in-law's house, I made another online order on Amazon for my daughter's birthday. Picked her up a sketch portfolio and a large set of gel pens.

Pretty much got everything I set out to get--with a few modifications along the way. So happy to have online shopping as an option for when brick and mortar stores disappoint!!
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:03 am

SavannahSparkles wrote:My Blacksgiving/Black Friday was mostly great.

Started out at noon in line with my sister-in-law at JcPenney's, waiting for them to open at 2 pm. Every year we hope that we will win the $100 off $100 or $500 off $500 coupons, but alas we only received the $10 off $10 coupons. Used them to buy a sparkly sequin jacket (naturally :wink:) and a puffer vest. We were able to checkout quickly due to associates setting up random pop-up registers throughout the store.

Immediately afterwards we headed to Kohl's to wait for them to open at 5 pm. Overly chatty woman in line with us kept interjecting into our conversation, so we mostly watched Hulu on our phones with earbuds. We had to divide and conquer at this store--I went for the Amazon Echo Dot and my sister-in-law ran for the Fitbit Charge 2. We both were successful, and I grabbed a puffer vest too.

We had to HAUL BUTT to Walmart, which was supposed to start at 6 pm. We may or may not have broken the speed limit and arrived at 5:40 pm---only to discover that our local Walmart decided to allow customers to shop EARLY. Every cart was full, pallets and bins were empty, and the checkout lanes were already hours long. The only items I wanted were the $5 reversible sequin pillow for my daughter and a $4 phone screen protector for my husband and myself. For some reason, there were no limits imposed (in my past experiences, everyone is limited to 1 or 2 of each item)--and I witnessed one woman with 30 sequin pillows stuffed into two carts!! There were none left, and I didn't feel like waiting around for 3 hours in line for a phone screen protector. We left empty handed and decided to try our luck at a different Walmart up the road--arrived right at 6 pm, same story as before. Extremely disappointed. Wound up going to Walmart.com and was able to find the reverse sequin pillow for my daughter for only $3 more! Worth it to see my baby smile on Christmas morning!

Afterwards we headed to Michael's. I use the Big Happy Planner and they have great sales on these every year. Able to get in and out in less than 10 minutes.

After this, we went back to my sister-in-law's house to eat a late night dinner and drop off our purchases. Our original plan was to continue shopping early in the morning, but we decided to rally and finish up that night!

We headed BACK to Walmart (yes, for a THIRD time in the same day). Got the screen protectors for our phones and a sparkle sequin case for my daughter's art supplies.

The mall was our final spot. Had a coupon for a free body care item up to $13.50 with any purchase from Bath and Body Works. Picked up Bourbon Lotion for my husband (this smelled so good!), and a bottle of hand sanitizer and snowman holder keychain for my daughter's Christmas party. Went to Sephora as well and picked up a cologne sampler for my husband.

Once we returned to my sister-in-law's house, I made another online order on Amazon for my daughter's birthday. Picked her up a sketch portfolio and a large set of gel pens.

Pretty much got everything I set out to get--with a few modifications along the way. So happy to have online shopping as an option for when brick and mortar stores disappoint!!

In my experience, our Walmarts have always let people shop early. This was the first year they DIDN'T but said it would be back to normal next year. As far as limits, I've never known them to have a limit on anything either, except the TVs and such, where you need a ticket.

I kinda felt bad because they had the $200 Arlo system and only had 4 of them. I took 2, a lady beside me took 1 and another lady took one. I hope nobody went for those. I didn't need the second system, but I wanted the cameras out of it since cameras are normally around $80/ea.

Always gotta get to Walmart early.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro

Postby SoDangPretty » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:41 am

I work for the government, so we get plenty of days off for the holidays; but this year I decided to take off the entire week of Thanksgiving. I ended up having a Black Friday week of shopping. :shock:

I started on Sunday morning at TRU. I have a 14 year old who didn't ask for much of anything this year, I got him the Nintendo Switch as a gift to share with my hubby. TRU had all games BOGO half off, so I picked up the two I knew wouldn't be on sale anytime soon, Mario Odyssey and Battlefront II for PS4. Normally 59.99 each, the BOGO put them down to about $45 each. I also went by BB and grabbed Ark for the PS4 on sale for $34.99.

Sunday night/Monday morning I did the Best Buy Elite Sale online. I snagged everything I wanted, Monopoly for the Switch, Ghost Recon, Tetris, an extra controller, and a charging station. I had $160 in BB rewards to use and was short about 10 bux, my 2 year old loves the Wiggles, and their CD had FINALLY come back in stock on sale for 10.99. I tossed that in the cart and ended up paying like $2 out of pocket.

Monday morning, I started at Target. I have been looking for a lion, dog, or a cat Cabbage Patch Cutie. I went ahead and got in line, I was 4th; I wasn't sure why everyone else was there. Found out pretty quick though, Harry Potter socks! Some guy that was 1st in line paid me 10 bux to get him another set, which I accepted. They didn't have my cabbage patch but still walked out with $10 more then what I started with.

After Target, I went by Starbucks and picked up my January refill tumbler. Free coffee every day in the month of January, plus I got a free drink for purchasing.

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty much Target/TRU; just checking stock. Didn't really purchase anything.

Wednesday night/Thursday morning I started with Gamestop. Grabbed the Madden 18 with MUT pack that my son just had to have. I was so frustrated with GS though. The website was horrible. I went onto Walmart and got a Tickle Me Elmo for 15 bux, and then Target for the Googly Eyes game for $9.

Got up Thursday morning, went to WM and got my paper and took some donuts to the baristas at Starbucks. Stopped by Big Lots but didn't buy anything.

Thursday afternoon I went out alone (my hubby normally goes). I got in line at TRU for the Peppa Pig toys and the 4.99 cabbage patch cuties. There was a line, but our TRU was super organized. Had tickets for the majority of everything, and only allowed 50 people in at a time. I had a friend at Gamestop who was in line, and I asked her to grab a Mario Star Tree Topper, which of course they didnt have. She said when they opened they let everyone in at one time, and it was pure chaos. I was happy I ordered online even though the website was stupid. (at this point I still had no order confirmation)

I got what I needed at TRU; Peppa Pig toys and the Toucan Cabbage Patch Cutie and drove to WM. I had asked Tek to pick up the one video game I needed at WM, but I got there before the sale started, walked straight to the video games and got the last one out the case. HUGE shout out and thank you to Tek for being my back up though!! I grabbed a 5 piece Paw Patrol bed set on sale for $25 for my 2 year old, and jumped in a check out line. I ACCIDENTALLY broke in front of about 20 people, but none of them noticed so I didn't get hurt. 8)

After WM, I swung by Kohls which was CRAZY. I had a gift card to use by 1 the next day, so I left and decided I would come back later. Then I met Tek and dropped off a Peppa Pig toy for his wife's angel tree, they are the greatest couple!

On Friday morning, I had arranged to take out one of my hubby's friends on his first BF shopping experience. He sent me a text Thursday and begged me to go ahead and get his video game from Target in case they sold out. I went by Target, grabbed the game, and hid it in a nice spot for him to find in the morning. (he needed that BF excitement right??)

Friday morning, I met our friend at Target. He stood in line for 5 minutes and insisted he was now a shopping pro. We got inside, he threw everything that was on sale in the buggy. Literally, EVERYTHING. We had some huge stuffed owl that I still don't know why he needed riding around in the buggy. He wanted a Christmas sweater, but they were sold out, so he had me order online as we stood in the store. The video game I hid was in the same place and he was happy to grab it. We left Target with $300 in clothes, games, stuffed animals, and toys. The cashier gave me 3 of the 20% coupons to use though!! SCORE! All I got was the Meme games, a few $3 outfits for my 2 year old, and a 4.99 puzzle.

We left Target and went to BB next door which had a line. When the doors opened, we had to yell at some people who were breaking. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT. Got inside and our friend got another video game, a sound bar for his new OLED tv, and the wireless modem.

At this point, I still have no order confirmation from GS. We head towards Kohls, and I got 3 Tshirts using my gift card and coupons. We went to WM but left empty handed, and stopped for lunch before going home to SLEEP. I literally could not keep my eyes open.

On Saturday, I FINALLY got a confirmation for my GS order. The Mario tree topper was still on sale online, but I stopped by another GS to see if they had it, which they did not. The guy told me they could order it with free shipping, it is already on it's way to my house. I found out that Walgreen's sold my Cabbage Patch, but after hunting for 2 hours and 4 stores, I caved in and just ordered the dog from Amazon.

Overall, a really good BF year. I need another vacation though :lol:

BFNerd
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFNerd » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:02 am

I completely surprised myself this year as I have never spent so much on Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

First online deals I picked up a blue crystal PS4 controller for myself from Walmart. Best Buy had the red crystal PS4 controller, which is a gift for my niece. Also from Best Buy, I grabbed a few movies, 8TB external hard drive (for work), and the echo dot with the smart plug. Next was Gamestop, for the clear crystal PS4 controller to surprise my boyfriend this Christmas, Madden 18 another gift for my niece (I'm doing a gaming-themed Christmas for her), and a couple of other games for her and myself. Petsmart, Petco, Victoria's Secret, Yankee Candle, The Body Shop and of course Amazon finished up my online shopping.

Next, I headed out on Black Friday morning to the brick and mortar stores. Even with shopping at Petco online, I had to stop by the store to try my luck at the scratch-off they were handing out to the first 25 in line. I was lucky enough to get the $10 gift card. WooooHooo!!! With that, I got a good amount of treats from the bar and a few more toys for the pups. Picked up some poo-pourri from Bed Bath and Beyond for stocking stuffers. Bath and Body Works is where I did the most damage thanks to one of my nieces shopping with me. Of course, I grabbed the tote with my purchase. Stopped into Gamestop and got a few more games. Our final stop was Aldo because my shopping companion wanted to look at bags. The deals there were amazing so I treated her to a bag that was on sale for $15, regularly $55.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but, it's safe to say that this may have been my best Black Friday ever.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:54 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
SavannahSparkles wrote:My Blacksgiving/Black Friday was mostly great.

In my experience, our Walmarts have always let people shop early. This was the first year they DIDN'T but said it would be back to normal next year. As far as limits, I've never known them to have a limit on anything either, except the TVs and such, where you need a ticket.

I kinda felt bad because they had the $200 Arlo system and only had 4 of them. I took 2, a lady beside me took 1 and another lady took one. I hope nobody went for those. I didn't need the second system, but I wanted the cameras out of it since cameras are normally around $80/ea.

Always gotta get to Walmart early.

I guess every Walmart is different. I used to live in a different state and they always started on time and imposed limits on everything. This was my first year since living here that I attempted to be at Walmart for BF when they opened. Lesson learned for next year!
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

Return to “Rants and Raves”