Mediacom sucks

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Mediacom sucks

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:37 pm

I'm so fed up with mediacom. I've been without internet for about a week. Finally have a tech out here and he says he replaced a fuse a few houses down and it should be fixed. It was so he left. 2 hours later it's down again and the soonest they'll get another tech out here is Thursday. My entire vacation (took the week after Thanksgiving off) no Netflix. By the time I get internet back it's going to be back to work. I don't really want DSL but I think I'm going to have to switch because I'm tired of this crap. Internet keeps going out and they take a freaking week to send someone out. They did this to me in August too...when I was on call (meaning I need internet to remote in; otherwise I have to drive to the office). I would have been on call this week too if I hadn't traded for vacation time. This is just unacceptable.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Mediacom sucks

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:08 pm

you should try talking to them through their message board. I have media com and whenever I have an issue I message them on there and they get on the problem pretty quickly to help you get it figured out. I never have to call them! But then I very rarely have issues with my internet.

have you checked your router (if you have one)? i would think the service tech would make sure to check it was ok first.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:11 pm

bfaddict wrote:you should try talking to them through their message board. I have media com and whenever I have an issue I message them on there and they get on the problem pretty quickly to help you get it figured out. I never have to call them! But then I very rarely have issues with my internet.

have you checked your router (if you have one)? i would think the service tech would make sure to check it was ok first.

It's definitely on their end. It was out for a week before they decided to replace a blown fuse and then it worked for 2 hours. Earlier tonight I saw the lights finally come on for the modem so I tried but no internet. I tried hooking directly to the computer - no internet. I tried a different network cable - no internet. I tried a different coax cable - no internet. Finally called them to say I had more lights but no internet. They re-sent the signal and I got internet. They left the service appointment scheduled so that a tech can check it out. This is the second time in 3 months that they took out my internet for a week. Last time it was a filter. Their end again. Each time, it requires a tech to actually be sent out and each time it takes a f'n week for them to get someone here. I'd say that's indicative of their crappy service that techs are so backed up.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:21 am

jeanerz13 wrote:
bfaddict wrote:you should try talking to them through their message board. I have media com and whenever I have an issue I message them on there and they get on the problem pretty quickly to help you get it figured out. I never have to call them! But then I very rarely have issues with my internet.

It's definitely on their end. It was out for a week before they decided to replace a blown fuse and then it worked for 2 hours. Earlier tonight I saw the lights finally come on for the modem so I tried but no internet. I tried hooking directly to the computer - no internet. I tried a different network cable - no internet. I tried a different coax cable - no internet. Finally called them to say I had more lights but no internet. They re-sent the signal and I got internet. They left the service appointment scheduled so that a tech can check it out. This is the second time in 3 months that they took out my internet for a week. Last time it was a filter. Their end again. Each time, it requires a tech to actually be sent out and each time it takes a f'n week for them to get someone here. I'd say that's indicative of their crappy service that techs are so backed up.

I think my old boss had a situation that was very similar and it took forever for them to figure it out and once they did it was really simple.
i'd probably throw a fit or demand a credit on my bill or something if they couldn't get there within a week. hope you get it figured out though! it would be really irritating.
i've been in my house for 10 years and haven't needed my service to be fixed so not sure how quick their tech service is around here but I live in a larger city.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:10 pm

I am in MN and have Mediacom and think they are amazing. I know others in the same town but on the other side of town have issues all the time with speed, but we all get fairly fast service when there are outages. Amazing how it is the same company, but different states, and the service is so different.

awestley1980
Black Friday Pro

Postby awestley1980 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Minnesota resident also. Moved into our new house last year. The first 6 months we had nothing but issues with that sorry excuse of a thing they call a gateway. After going through 3 of them, I bought my own gear. Hadn't had problems since.
------------------
Anthony
Twitter | Facebook

Rainman693
Black Friday Pro

Postby Rainman693 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:39 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:I'm so fed up with mediacom. I've been without internet for about a week. Finally have a tech out here and he says he replaced a fuse a few houses down and it should be fixed. It was so he left. 2 hours later it's down again and the soonest they'll get another tech out here is Thursday. My entire vacation (took the week after Thanksgiving off) no Netflix. By the time I get internet back it's going to be back to work. I don't really want DSL but I think I'm going to have to switch because I'm tired of this crap. Internet keeps going out and they take a freaking week to send someone out. They did this to me in August too...when I was on call (meaning I need internet to remote in; otherwise I have to drive to the office). I would have been on call this week too if I hadn't traded for vacation time. This is just unacceptable.

Maybe, they just don't like you

Return to “Rants and Raves”