What's the craziest thing

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

SantaShopper
Black Friday Pro

Re: What's the craziest thing

Postby SantaShopper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:42 am

midmofan wrote:Hard to describe, but several years ago was at the stoplight at the bg BF intersection. On one side of the 4 lane road is Walmart and connection to Menards and Kohls and the other side is Target. This was one of those years where Walmart (and Menards as well) opened up earlier than Target so there was a huge rush to get from Walmart to Target the time came.

As I was at the stoplight a car zoomed through the intersection, which goes uphill a bit on one side then has a bump and dip in it. The car went full Dukes-of-Hazard Airborne for the one half of the intersection smashing down in the entrance to Target. It had to be damaged underneath but it kept on going. Hope he got that toaster!

Lol!!! That just made my day! So funny. People are just crazy.... :lol:

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:11 pm

midmofan wrote:Hard to describe, but several years ago was at the stoplight at the bg BF intersection. On one side of the 4 lane road is Walmart and connection to Menards and Kohls and the other side is Target. This was one of those years where Walmart (and Menards as well) opened up earlier than Target so there was a huge rush to get from Walmart to Target the time came.

As I was at the stoplight a car zoomed through the intersection, which goes uphill a bit on one side then has a bump and dip in it. The car went full Dukes-of-Hazard Airborne for the one half of the intersection smashing down in the entrance to Target. It had to be damaged underneath but it kept on going. Hope he got that toaster!

That's great!!!

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Bwhaaa!! :lol:

justhangingout528
Black Friday Pro

Postby justhangingout528 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:16 pm

I did that once in my dad's new truck....over railroad tracks. (He was in the car, I only had my permit.) :lol:

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Time to get a dashcam! Btw, where in midni? Lake Ozark? (seems like I talked to someone around the lake a couple years ago). I'm in Columbia

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:26 am

Not sure about crazy or what people define as "crazy" but:

1. The very first year I participated in BF (2002), the WM wasn't a supercenter but rather just a building. Closed thanksgiving and was opening at 5 am. Lines formed and I'm maybe 30ish from the front since I had nothing to do during break from college. Little sleet fell but manageable. Was more cold than wet. Doors open and all hell broke loose. There was a 90 degree turn to get to the BF stuff and all of a sudden a pile up happened when a few people fell running with wet shoes. Next thing you know, carts and people are everywhere. Just kind of walked around the carnage and made my way back to the stuff.

2. Year before last, a couple tweakers got into it about some baby daddy drama. Right there in the prepaid phone displays. More of a grab hair/ scream fight but still.

3. Couple years back, maybe 2013-14 (?), went to Kmart turkey day morning. The local one was opening at 7 I believe. Was dressed somewhat nice, dress shirt/tie/slacks because stupid people doing stupid things don't take a day off. Decided to swing by to pick up some stuff and was greeted by some dude who wanted to stab me. Seems he believed I was "eyeballin' his old lady". There I stood, his "Old lady" holding him back, trying to figure out just what was happening. Come to find out, he was drunk.....at that time of the morning. Cops showed up, hauled him off, and I gave his wife my card if needed a lawyer (got it reduced to public intoxication and disorderly conduct, time served with conditions on treatment).

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:41 am

happyfan wrote:Not sure about crazy or what people define as "crazy" but:

3. Couple years back, maybe 2013-14 (?), went to Kmart turkey day morning. The local one was opening at 7 I believe. Was dressed somewhat nice, dress shirt/tie/slacks because stupid people doing stupid things don't take a day off. Decided to swing by to pick up some stuff and was greeted by some dude who wanted to stab me. Seems he believed I was "eyeballin' his old lady". There I stood, his "Old lady" holding him back, trying to figure out just what was happening. Come to find out, he was drunk.....at that time of the morning. Cops showed up, hauled him off, and I gave his wife my card if needed a lawyer (got it reduced to public intoxication and disorderly conduct, time served with conditions on treatment).

LOL that is awesome!!! It amazing how some people act for no apparent reason!!!

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm

happyfan wrote:Not sure about crazy or what people define as "crazy" but:

1. The very first year I participated in BF (2002), the WM wasn't a supercenter but rather just a building. Closed thanksgiving and was opening at 5 am. Lines formed and I'm maybe 30ish from the front since I had nothing to do during break from college. Little sleet fell but manageable. Was more cold than wet. Doors open and all hell broke loose. There was a 90 degree turn to get to the BF stuff and all of a sudden a pile up happened when a few people fell running with wet shoes. Next thing you know, carts and people are everywhere. Just kind of walked around the carnage and made my way back to the stuff.

2. Year before last, a couple tweakers got into it about some baby daddy drama. Right there in the prepaid phone displays. More of a grab hair/ scream fight but still.

I hope you stuck him with a crazy high bill...Not sure if I could have defended someone in court who just recently threatened me.

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:06 am

cinemike16 wrote:I hope you stuck him with a crazy high bill...Not sure if I could have defended someone in court who just recently threatened me.

Standard rates applied. And I figured since he was a career criminal, defending him might lead to more work!

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Oh, where do I even begin..

One year I was waiting for cheap DVD's at WalMart. I had positioned myself directly in front of the one DVD I wanted, and was having a pleasant conversation with the people around me, when suddenly the store decided to start 10 minutes early (with no warning), and the people I thought were being friendly elbowed me hard in the back to get ahead of me. I didn't even get the DVD I wanted! Fail.

Another horrible WalMart experience on a different year. I was waiting for a digital picture frame. It was inside of a deep box, and there were several other deep boxes containing different electronic items in a large circle. WalMart employees were on the inside, we were waiting on the outside. Everything was fine until a male employee began flirting with a girl I was directly behind, whom was also waiting for the picture frames. He playfully pulled the digital picture frame box into the middle of the circle, when suddenly and without warning (once again), they sounded the SHOP alarm, and I was SHOVED into a different box in front of me. As my legs and arms flailed helplessly into the air, the poor smitten employee was run over by a stampede of people, including the girl whom was probably only flirting in order to get what she wanted. Thankfully, someone took pity on me and threw me a picture frame. Success.
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

BFaddict14
Black Friday Newbie

Postby BFaddict14 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:51 pm

one year at Wal-Mart I was next to the video games. There were several moms like me who were there to save money. We had a plan to help each other out to get games for each other and meet in a different department to swap. There were some guys there who only wanted them so they could jack the price and resell them. I knew a lot of people that were way back in the line, so I grabbed as many as I could and since I couldn't move anywhere and was being pushed against the box, I just started throwing games to people who needed them. The less those guys could get and the more moms could get for their kids became my mission. It was fun.

Also one year at Meijers I was looking for a portable DVD player and my daughter was with me. I found them and just walked up and grabbed one... totally oblivious to a line waiting for them. I had never been there and didn't know how they did things. The line wasn't like right next to them. Needless to say I feared for my life while I finished shopping. I did keep it. No one said anything. I usually follow the rules.

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro

Postby SoDangPretty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:10 pm

BFaddict14 wrote:one year at Wal-Mart I was next to the video games. There were several moms like me who were there to save money. We had a plan to help each other out to get games for each other and meet in a different department to swap. There were some guys there who only wanted them so they could jack the price and resell them. I knew a lot of people that were way back in the line, so I grabbed as many as I could and since I couldn't move anywhere and was being pushed against the box, I just started throwing games to people who needed them. The less those guys could get and the more moms could get for their kids became my mission. It was fun.

Also one year at Meijers I was looking for a portable DVD player and my daughter was with me. I found them and just walked up and grabbed one... totally oblivious to a line waiting for them. I had never been there and didn't know how they did things. The line wasn't like right next to them. Needless to say I feared for my life while I finished shopping. I did keep it. No one said anything. I usually follow the rules.

One of my first years BF shopping I had a master plan for those video games at Walmart. I was in the front and the majority of the games I wanted was in the bottom of the box. I figured I would just go down and then crawl out of the crowd (newbie mistake). When it was time, I hit the ground and grabbed my games, but at the same time I heard my jeans split down the back. (Tight jeans on BF, another newbie mistake) My husband will never let me live it down, I got my games though!!

Return to “Rants and Raves”