Kohls Online is a Disaster

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Kohls Online is a Disaster

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:28 pm

So annoyed with Kohls right now. I had $10 Kohls Cash and and $10 Kohls rewards, so I order a blanket online that it said was available for pick up in store. After a few hours I got a cancellation email. It said the value was returned to the cash / rewards and gave me an additional $5 Kohls cash for the inconvenience.

So I decided to go to the store to use the kiosk to order it online for ship to home (kiosk so I could get free shipping). That kiosk is the most frustrating and painful thing ever! After at least 20 minutes trying to mash the touch screen getting all the info in, I was on the last page entering my coupon codes (because the thing couldn't manage to scan the barcode). After entering the first code it had a little loading spinner and kicked me out of the entire system so I had to start ALL OVER AGAIN! I heard a lady asking about finding something that wasn't available in the store and she was being pointed to the kiosk - I warned her it was becoming one of the most painful experiences ever (an exaggeration, maybe, but it was not as simple as they'd like you to think). So after hearing that, the associate came over to try to help me with it. We eventually made it all the way through, and she took my coupons to throw away (as they were presumably used up now). After sitting in "fulfillment" status for 5 days, I get an email saying that it isn't available, the order is cancelled, and value has been returned to cash and rewards. Well, that's just great, since she threw away my Kohl's cash coupon. I can still re-print the $5 inconvenience cash coupon and the $10 rewards, but the $10 cash is gone now. And even if it weren't, it would be expired by this point. So I emailed customer service and they said I could have a $10 online credit - just email them with next order number. Lot of good that does me - that barely makes up for shipping costs! I'd rather give up on their website and use my money in the store where I know I'll actually get what I want, but now $10 has basically been thrown away. I asked about getting an in-store option and the customer service rep said that they couldn't use that coupon online, but if it isn't more than 10 days expired I can use it online - completely ignoring the fact that THE ASSOCIATE TOOK IT AWAY FROM ME TO TRASH IT AFTER THE KIOSK DEBACLE. What good is it that I can use an expired coupon that I no longer have? If they don't want to give me one because I can't *prove* it was thrown away, fine - I'm screwed, but that statement just proved they completely ignored what I told them about no longer having it in my possession. Just so irritated right now.

By the way, a week after the pick up in store order was cancelled, item still says available in store. Only been about 2 days since the ship to home order was cancelled, but it still says available to ship. Shouldn't they mark an item as out of stock as soon as they have to cancel an order for said item?

At this point, I feel like I'll have to go to the store, find an item I want, write down the sku, look it up online, and order it for pick up in store - just so I can use my $10 online credit.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Kohls Online is a Disaster

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:31 am

Sounds like a hassle! I am sorry you had issues. Never ever let them take your Kohls cash from you. There's no reason they should ever take it. Unless of course you're expiring it at the register.

I've always ordered from them online and shipped to my house. Never had an issue.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:28 pm

And today I found out the online credit won't apply to puck up in store. Therefore I'm just screwed. Buy online and pay the same after shipping as I would buying in store. Or use that atrocious kiosk system to get free shipping. So basically, out $10 unless I use the kiosk. And I don't even get the credit up front so that's a risk, expecting them to keep their word and refund me after I order. *sigh*

They also sent a customer service survey. This should be fun.

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:42 pm

I always love getting customer service surveys from comcast, been in a ongoing disagreement with them for months.

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

Postby wwefk » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Here's the thing about kohl's kiosk. ALWAYS have a associated do it for you. There's a certain finesse to using it that you get down after a while. Also there are shortcuts you can take to make check out easier. I've asked people if they needed help with it and they say "no", 20 mind later they are still trying to get it. I could have had them out the door in 5. ALSO,and I can't stress this enough, it is NOT a price checker. IF it even displays the item, it will show you the ONLINE price, which can vary wildly from the in store price. As far as the $10 kohls cash, just tell the cashier you used it and they callceled your order. They should just click $10 off for you. It really not a big deal to them.
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)
Wrapping up packages and writing out cards
(Office work, out of sight!)

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:20 pm

wwefk wrote:Here's the thing about kohl's kiosk. ALWAYS have a associated do it for you. There's a certain finesse to using it that you get down after a while. Also there are shortcuts you can take to make check out easier. I've asked people if they needed help with it and they say "no", 20 mind later they are still trying to get it. I could have had them out the door in 5. ALSO,and I can't stress this enough, it is NOT a price checker. IF it even displays the item, it will show you the ONLINE price, which can vary wildly from the in store price. As far as the $10 kohls cash, just tell the cashier you used it and they callceled your order. They should just click $10 off for you. It really not a big deal to them.

The thing about the Kohl's cash was that it wasn't just expired - I didn't even have the piece of paper to prove it ever existed in the first place. I didn't think they would just take my word for it without some proof that I had ever earned any in the first place (expired or not). Anyway, I finally got the online reps to give me free shipping plus the $10 credit. And this time it says shipped, so I should get the blanket, just not in the color I wanted. Thing is, the last rep said they were showing like 4000 in the color I wanted, even though it had been cancelled for that color a week earlier. Either they need to get on top of their inventory or they have pickers in the warehouse that don't know what they're doing.

Return to “Rants and Raves”