Share your 2015 Black Friday experience here!

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Share your 2015 Black Friday experience here!

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Mine was great, probably one of the best I've had lately. Most things I bought online on Wednesday.
I woke up about 9:30 yesterday morning, and bought a few things online. I bought some Tommy Hilfiger boxers from Macy's, and the Under Armour hoodie for my oldest.

Then I bought some dress pants from JCP online, and also bought some Under Armour shoes from Belk and a Salt Life shirt both for my oldest as well. Then I bought some shoes from Finish Line. Then I just browsed Amazon for a bit before heading out about 3pm.

First I stopped at Dollar General and picked up a 12pk of Mt. Dew, and a 12pk of Pepsi for my sons birthday party. Then I went to Walgreens and bought 12 bottles of laundry detergent (B1G2), 12 boxes of Finish dishwasher detergent (B1G1), 12 bottles of Jet Dry (B1G1), some Crest mouthwash (Free), Colgate toothpaste (0.99) M&Ms (4/$8), Dayquil, and chips (B1G1). Then I went over to CBS and bought 4 2-liters of Dr. Pepper. After that, I went across the street to Walmart.

Once I got to Walmart, I walked around a few times to scope out where everything was at and develop a gameplan if needed. I finished all of this about 3:30'ish. I was STARVING so I bought one of those $5 pizzas they sell and a drink, then sat in an isle and ate. About 5p, people started putting everything in their carts, so I just walked around the store and loaded my cart up with the things I went for. I didn't have a lot of stuff from there, so I was done fairly quickly. I was the first in line and was in line by 5:15 ready to check-out. I did have to however wait until 6. At 6, I checked out and left. I got home by 6:15, unloaded everything, sat on Amazon for about 15 minutes, then headed to the hospital to pick my wife up from work. Then we headed to the city to shop.

We went to Macy's first where I got some Tommy Hilfiger t-shirts, then went to Crazy8 to get my youngin' some pants. Then my wife went in Ulta, then we left the mall and headed to the other mall. We went to Belk so I could get me some Salt Life shirts. Then we went to Bath & Body Works where my wife bought a ton of stuff, including that bag. Then we went to another Walgreens and bought more Jet-Dry, detergent, and soap. Then we went to Waffle House (yuck!)

Then we stopped by another Walmart on the way home just to browse and bought a few things. Then we came home, and went to sleep about midnight.

I was going to go to Sams this morning to get the bluetooth speaker for $100, but Amazon had it for $20 cheaper, so we skipped Sams. So we went to Five Below, back to Belk, Staples to get paper, another Walmart to get a few grocery items, then to Kmart and Lowes to pick up Internet orders. Then came home and shopped on Amazon some more.

The only thing on my list I did not get, was the Alexander Julian shirt and Nike wallet from Gordans. They did not have it on their website, and there's none of those stores around here.

I will go back to JCP at 3 to get my Mickey snow globe. Aside from that, it was a very successful Black Friday. Can't wait for '16!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

Postby wwefk » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:23 pm

after dinner we went to toys to get the 2 video games that were the MUST BUYS. they also took the coupon from McDonald for $5 off the snoopy game so that only cost $15. also won a christmas tree plush from the claw machine on the way out. went to macy and fought with my wife's phone trying to get the "walk in and win" thing to work. didn't win anything. I think there were only big prizes and no "$10 gift card" type prizes. bought a baby outfit. once again, macy coupon was "save $10 off of nothing you want." went to jcp and got the deal of the day (night?). their clearance was surprisingly organized so i took a look and found a pair of jeans the happened to be my size, 90% off (4.97). headed over to kmart, THEY HAD NO COFFEE :x . due to limited funds, I had the idea to put a layaway in, just to pick it up next paycheck. randomly found the exact same tabletop baseball game I was going to get on amazon for my son for $5 cheaper. won a reindeer from the claw machine on the way out (2 for 2). headed over to target for the spongebob movie and random household items. wished my wife a happy birthday as we finished up at midnight and headed home with $5 in our pocket. I count that as a win.
Decorating the tree
(Gardening)
Wiring all of the lights
(Electrical contracting)
Wrapping up packages and writing out cards
(Office work, out of sight!)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:10 pm

My was great also!! Minimal standing in line to get i (only 3 stores and I didn't line up until about 5 min until opening) and NEVER waited in a checkout line.

Started at 9:30 am at Kmart for their T-day sale. Saw they were also doing their BF prices so I picked up some pepsi 2-liters, the storage ottoman and some 50% off xmas stuff. Came home for awhile - tried to take a nap.

About 2:00 I headed out for JCP - I was going to swing by the gas station to get some pizza for lunch. Hung out in my truck until they opened the doors which was about 5-10 min early. Got a coupon, walked around. Headed out to go to the JCP homestore which is only a couple miles away. Got another coupon. I had to get 2 crockpots because my friend wasn't able to make it and I may have grabbed the last two unless they had more hidden on a shelf somewhere. No carts available so I just immediately got in line to check out with them. Took them to my truck and went back in for the smaller items I wanted. Ended up with a blanket for $18 and my yearly stash of quick-dri towels (LOVE THEM).

By that time it was 3:30. I thought I would maybe go to best buy.. check things out. Parked at Best Buy, line was small. Then realized that Michaels opened at 4. Drove over to Michaels. Got in line, waited about 10 min, they also opened about 5 min early. Got some adult coloring books that weren't on sale (confusing display - but oh well AND the coupon couldn't be used on them) but I did manage to score some craft storage pieces for 60% off. Two other items I really wanted aren't actually on sale until Saturday so I hope I can get myself over there tomorrow morning. Out of there by 4:30.

Decided to head to Younkers instead of Best Buy because I was worried the suitcases I wanted would be gone by the time I got back there later that night (they were selling like hot cakes at JCP). Got my $10 gift card, they also opened about 15 min early. Grabbed my suitcases, the TINY deep fryer (it's so tiny it's kinda cute) and 2 step stools. Head to the checkouts, no lines. Step stools aren't ringing up correct. We look at the ad and the guy says I have the wrong ones. I go back because I thought maybe I grabbed a color that was more expensive. No, I think he just read the ad wrong. Talked to an employee by the stools and he told me to just tell the guy to override the system. So he did. Out of there shortly before 5.

Go back over to Best Buy and they're just opening. Jump into line. Probably takes 10-15 min to get inside. Got the xbox one tomb raider bundle and free controller and found the head phones my dad also wanted me to grab. Probably took me longer to figure out where to go for the checkout line. Short line at best buy. Out by 5:30.

Decide to head to Target and get a few things quick. Jump in line about 10 min before opening. They did not open early. Go in pretty fast, the main thing I wanted one was (Roboraptor) - they only had two. So i decided to see if I could find the bedding set for $35. Found it, only ONE on the shelf. A lady came up behind me wanting one also. Then picked up some yoga pants. Would get everything else later.

Then I headed home, got home a little before 7.

My friend got to my house about 8 and we headed back out.

Went to TRU so she could pick something up. No crowd, no checkout lines.
Went over To kohls, decent crowd - we spent a good amount of time walking around, it was both of our biggest list. Got almost everything on my list except bath rugs because some people were camped out in front of them. I got $75 in kohls cash :D
No checkout lines.

Then we went back to Target. I went crazy with 40% off clothing. Looked through the DVDs. Didn't find any but then I spotted a sign that said Pitch Perfect 2 Blu-ray was $10 so I grabbed it. The regular one was $10 too but I wasn't going to spend $10 on a regular dvd (don't watch many movies anyways)
Go to check out - no lines. DVD rings up at $20 so I question it, someone comes over and goes to check it out at the DVD boxes. Too much of a crowd so they tell the girl to just override it. She entered it as $9.99.

Then we went back to younkers to pick up a few more items....

Then headed out to the other mall. Got there about 11:30. a lot of stores were not open...went to some stores.. about midnight some stores were closing... which was SO odd. When we walked by Aldo the guy was telling a group of people that they were closing at midnight and reopening at 6 am. We went into bath and body works and when we came out Aldo was back open. Guess they realized it was stupid to turn business away. There was a pretty good crowd in the mall.

I think we got back to my house about 1:30.... set out alarms for 5:00

Back up at 5:00.... head to menards at 5:30. Had to stand in line for about 15 min... LONG line.. first time ever I've been at menards at opening. My friend didn't want anything so we divided and conquered my list and got everything I wanted. Out by 6:30.

Went over to Joannes to check out the fabric line situation. No crowded at all but the fabric cutting line was pretty long. I think we waited about an hour but it gives you a nice amount of time to wander around and find your fabric while having your number in hand.

Then went to Petsmart for cat litter... it was about 7:30 and they were almost out. People were buying them by the PALETTES. When I got there they were just putting 3 palettes outside. Everything else inside was gone. I went outside to see if an employee was there. found one and asked if they were all sold. They said one was but the other two weren't so some of us were able to grab some from the other two palettes.

Then went to sportsmans real quick.... then to hardees for breakfast....

Home by 9:30 am this morning.

PHEW! exhausted :)

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Its beginning to look like Christmas,

Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:36 pm

My online ordering that had went so smoothly the last few years took a bit hit this year.

IMO a lot of the deals at TRU were in store only. I had caught some of the "in store only" but I honestly believe not all items that were "in store only" were listed as such. After being frustrated Wednesday night and yesterday morning I gave up with TRU.

Made an Amazon order for Wii U Just Dance 2016 and Disney Dance 2.

Next, I ordered from JCPenney online but kept losing items while still adding items to the cart. I would have had 21 things ended up with 14 before checking out because of out stock issues. I ended up with a two pairs of boots for myself, pajamas, a pair of boots for my daughter, and Xersion hoodie/yoga pants for the daughter.

Next, I ordered from Academy Sports and got Under Armour gear for the family (mostly kids). I had a $150 gift card which helped ease the pain of this order. Academy went pretty smoothly.

Got a text saying one of the Walmart's near us was letting people get stuff and check out.

My husband went to Dollar General for me around 12:30 and picked up 12 packs of pop and 4 Disney Infinity 3.0 characters for $7 each. He said they had half a pallet left. Which surprised me I figured they were gone.

Around noon I got a text from a friend that the closest Walmart (15 minutes rather than 25 minutes away) was already letting everyone check out with BF prices.

I cooked and visited family until 4pm when my husband and I went to Walmart. We were going for Wii U game Splatoon, wax warmer, life board game, baby toys for $5, cookware set, sd cards, usb drive, and newer barbie dvds. They were out of cookware but there was a similar brand on the shelf for same price that would suffice for MIL. Wax warmers were MIA. I got the last Splatoon and Barbie movies. So I consider myself lucky. Quick check out, a lot less packed than last year, and parking was a breeze. I am pretty sure the word had got around that town and that is why it was so dead.

Got up at 5 AM and headed to Menards. It was not as crazy as last year. Line was long but I waited for them to open and waited for it come around the corner then got in line. There was a fight closer to the doors because of some line jumpers. Pretty funny. Two old guys. I got a cart quickly. I got everything that was on my list and more. It was very crowded. But not as a bad as Walmart crowded. I did very well here. Check out was decent. Still took a good 20 minutes.

I went to Rural King and got B1G1/2off toys. I did okay. I did have an issue that they took off from the lowest amounts for the 1/2 off so I took the two 4.00 items off my purchase. Instead of saving 4 dollars I saved 21.00. However, I now know how that works and will not make the same mistake in the future.

I went to KMart next and got Battleship, Twister, Ornament makers, and two different singing stuffed Christmas tems.

I went to Hobby Lobby got wrapping paper, a few gingerbread decor items, and kids craft materials.

I went to Target and C9 hoodies and pants on sale. I got Kerplunk. A throw. and Jurassic World. Seemed like they had quite a bit left and they were putting out more movies and toys while I was there.

I went to Home Depot to get batteries. Now I was not holding my breath for the Christmas Show lights on sale for half off but low and behold they had four boxes left so I bought two.

I went by Cracker Barrel to get stocking stuffers for the kids (usually do this later but I was in the area).

I went to Justice and got my daughter some pajamas, few stocking type stuff, and sweatshirts. They were crazy packed in that store. Might have been the worst store of the day.

Went by Bath and Body to get hand sanitizers.

Grabbed Dunkin Donuts for awaiting family at home and got home by 1145.

I ordered Monster High Boo York dvd for 6 dollars with Amazon prime a few minutes ago.

We are going tomorrow to look at UTV's as a family Christmas present.

I have some things left to get like the Mario Maker.

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Not as much brick&mortor shoping for me since I refuse to go out Thanksgiving Day. I believe strongly that Thanksgiving should only be what it was intended for: A day to watch football.

Most expensive items for me this year were on Amazon or other on-line places. In get more and more use out of that Prime membership. Grabbed a number of the Fire tablets for gifts and for a no-worry "throw in the bag" device for me.

I did have a huge list of relatively small items from Menards. My plan was to get up early and and be there when the doors opened so could get out before a 8:30 am appointment. However it was pouring rain at that time, so rolled over and went back to sleep. Nothing i wanted was worth getting soaked for.

In the end, didn't get to Menards until just after 9. Was looking to get a lot of the inexpensive tool deals, the cheap elecronics batteries, a few toys and even an ugly sweater.

As it turned out there was plenty of everything left except for the infrared temperature sensor for $7 that they said was one of the first things sold out. Looked around and looked like there was at least a few of all of the doorbuster items left. Friends that were there at opening said the big mass scramble was for wrapping paper and pet toys!

No lines at checkout by this time so quick and easy for me. Visited a few other places and the general impression was that crowds were smaller but everything a lot more orderly.

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro

Postby dkst0426 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:42 am

Between midnight and 5 am on Thanksgiving Day online:
Best Buy: movies. Quick, simple checkout.
Lowe's: bought the packs of AA and AAA batteries. That's become a yearly tradition within the tradition.
Walmart.com: Nightmare. Started shopping at 3 am, took 2.5 hours to check out because their system went down. Did manage to get PJ sets, the mixing bowl set, children's underwear and socks, the Sharpie wheel, and the ottoman (which has not previously been available online in years past.

Thanksgiving morning:
KMart: I did not notice the 50% off character hat/mitten sets. Hell yes I was happy to pay just $5.50 for a Hello Kitty, Frozen, Star Wars, and My Little Pony set for each of my kids.
Walmart: People were already helping themselves to sale items, so I went ahead and did the same and went through self-checkout.

Thanksgiving night (after the Panthers finished off the Cowboys):
Target: Downton Abbey season 5. They were gone from the racks at the back so I was kinda bummed, but they also had a display box with TV series sets up front, and there were like 2 left. Noticed they had plenty of TVs and Blu-Ray players.
Walmart: Wasn't hectic at all by 8:30. Kinda surprised to see a good number of doorbusters still available. The DVDs and games were cleared out, though. Still managed to find a couple of Barbie movies for the girls.

Friday: slept in as my wife and daughter went to JoAnn's and Five Below in the morning. Left with my other daughter and son at 2:30ish to go to JC Penney to pick up the snow globe at 3, and lucky me, a helpful sales associate went ahead and got them for me from the checkout area. Went to Sears and found a Star Wars Awakens t-shirt for my son to wear when we go watch it, and then back to KMart. For whatever reason, the Holiday Editions dresses for girls were cheaper at my store than listed online, so even though they were "only" 50% off in-store by that time, they were still cheaper than if I had bought them for 60% off online.

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:16 am

Update on some other stores here in mid Missouri. A guy I know who works at Lowe's said there were about 50 people waiting to get in when they opened up on BF. That's not a huge crowd IMO but he said it was busy all day and people were spending. Did not lighten up until about 3pm. The memo they got this morning said it had been this Lowe's best bf ever and sales were up at this store just over $25,000 from last year.

Menards employee said pretty crazy for a couple hours than stayed busy but not overwhelming rest of the day. That fits with what I saw at 9am. A relative that was there at 6am said there was a line of people standing in the rain but that most folks just stayed in their cars until the doors opened. They were there for the ladders and were surprised when I told them that at least one was still on the pallet when I was there at 9.

Target Friday afternoon looked like a bomb hit it. Talked to a person today that was there early and said it was packed.

Best Buy had about 30 people camping out before their Thanksgiving opening, but they still had some of the big TV deals available on Friday.

bertaha
Black Friday Pro

Postby bertaha » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:14 am

I did most of my shopping on line when the sales stated to go live. I actually was able to get some things from Kohl's cheaper than Black Friday prices with some coupons for 30% off and free shipping.

Following that order I have since ordered from K-Mart, Kohl's and Target online. All of those shipments should be on their way. The K-Mart order when in before Thanksgiving when items went live early in the week. I had some frustration with several of the items not being in stock, but was mostly able to find an alternative to take its place.

I didn't have any issues with the Kohl's or the Target items.

On Thanksgiving morning I started trying to order some another item from the K-Mart site. It was an offer to buy a bracelet and get a necklace with pendant for free that was part of their 3 day sale. The website said that you needed to add both items to your cart to see the discount. I did that, but the necklace still would not show for free. I tried going through the online chat service to have them help me. They said there were not able to get the items show correctly in the cart either and would file an incident or ticket to have the problem corrected. They said to allow 24-48 hours for this to be done. The person offered to complete the transaction as it currently showed in the cart with a $10 discount. This would have resulted in me paying 3x the advertised price and I told them that I was not able to accept that offer.

I contacted them again later yesterday afternoon (more than 48 hours after the ticket was filed). I had to again provide them the item numbers of the bracelet and necklace that I had given them at the time the ticket was filed, but apparently that was not included in the ticket information. I was told that there had been no update and that they were not allowed to change the price of the necklace to be free. I told them that I wanted to speak to a supervisor, so the chat was transferred to another person who told me the same thing. While I was on the computer with them I tried calling my local store and asking if I could make payment over the phone and pick it up later. They said that they are not able to take payments over the phone. Feeling frustrated I asked the supervisor via chat if there was someone else that I could speak to that could help me get the item that I wanted and the price that was advertised. They gave me a toll free number and said that I could ask to speak to a case manager. I called the number and as the person was beginning to ask for specific information on the items I wanted the call was disconnected (intentionally??). I called back and got another person. She took the information and again told me that there was nothing that she could do to help me as they were not able to override the price of the necklace. I asked if there was anyone that could help me. She said that I could speak to a case manager, but... I stopped her and told her that if it was going to be another fruitless conversation with someone telling me that they couldn't help me get the items as they were advertised not only in the print ad but also online that I didn't see the point in speaking to someone else. I asked if when the issue with the online ordering was fixed if they would sell me the items at the sales price as listed since it was not my error that the items were not able to be purchased on line as they should have been able to be. She said that there was no way that she could guarantee this would happen. I told her that I was ready to return all of the items that I had already purchased from K-Mart and make my purchases elsewhere even if i had to pay more for them if they were not able to honor the prices they were advertising. She apologize and said there was nothing that she could do so I ended the call.

I called again to the local store (that I am not able to get to until today as we are traveling for the holiday) and asked to speak to a Manager. I explained the situation to the manger the frustrations I had and all of the calls/online help steps I had taken. I asked if there would be anyway that I could pick it up today and still be given the sales price as advertised. He said that they would honor the price and put a set aside for me. Finally, the customer service that I had been looking for from K-Mart. This is the first time that I had experience anything like this and was shocked that no one before the store manager was willing to take an action to make it right.

My daughter and I went out around 9 on Friday morning to do some shopping. We went to the mall near my in-laws. We had received the final two names for our shopping list during the day on Thursday and I knew there was a Gordman's at the mall where I would be able to get those gifts checked off my list. Not being familiar with the mall we parked outside of JC Penney and decided that we would walk in through there and then walk around the mall and pick up some other things along the way. I was planning a stop at Bath and Bodyworks and Old Navy in addition to Gordman's. On our way through we were given coupons to Aeropostal for $5 off a purchase. That ended up being our first stop. My daughter found a scarf she wanted and it was on sale for $5. I told her that if she found something else she wanted that I would get the scarf with my coupon and she could use hers on the other item. She found a vest that she wanted on sale for $16, so with her $5 coupon she got it for $11. The retail price on it was $49.50. I got her the scarf for free and we were on our way.

We found the Gordman's store and found everything we needed here, which meant that we didn't need to stop at B&BW after all. Even though they were having the buy 3 get 3 free sale I couldn't justify going. My daughter also found the items that she wants to give my son for Christmas. I had a 15% off the entire purchase coupon at Gordman's, so that made it an even better trip. I also earned $10.00 in G Money, which I can use this upcoming week to get at least one more person checked off of my list.

We went in to Old Navy to get the gift card, but the check out line was so long that we ended up walking back out. There was no way I was waiting in that line just to get a gift card. I can do that at home some time this upcoming week at a mall near home.

My daughter and I stopped for a snack of mozzarella filled pretzel bites and then headed out of the mall. She wanted to go to Target to look around. I didn't find much there. My daughter did find a movie that she wanted, but having her there with me made it harder to pick up. We ended up getting some food items for the in-laws so I sent Morgan to the truck while I checked out and went ahead and picking up the movie on sale for $6.

We made a stop at Walgreen's to pick up the photo order I had placed online the previous night with a 50% off coupon. The order included our Christmas cards and some prints to be used as gifts. I had been to Walgreen's the previous day to pick up wrapping paper (buy 1 at $2.99 get 2 free), toothbrushes with a $2.50 register reward, hairties 2 for $3 with a $3 register reward, bobby pins 2 for $1 and Carmex tubes 2 for $1. I was able to use the register rewards towards the purchase of the prints and we headed back home.

After my daughter and I got home my mother-in-law and I went back out to Penney's. There was an item that she wanted to get for my son and it was not available on line for her to pick up later. She picked up the Sharper Image action camcorder and several other things as well, all from the same section of the store. We found the shortest checkout line available near where we were and made our way back home.

Later in the evening I checked the Dream Duffle website as this is the big item that my daughter has said she wants for Christmas. I had been looking at getting her a used one, but shipping costs were going make it more than the price of a new one. The site was offering free shipping on new bags so I went ahead and placed the order online. This will be a huge help with her dance recitals, dance competitions and pageants.

Overall it was a pretty laid back shopping weekend with the amount that I was able to get done online. I am not finished with my shopping, but at least feel like I have a good start on it. I also need to be able to take my son out to pick out items for his sister and they both need to find gifts for my husband. He is the hardest person to shop for on my list!

nfalks
Black Friday Pro

Postby nfalks » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:30 pm

I did most of my shopping online this year. Money was really tight, and I only had a little, so the idea of going out this year just wasn't that fun. I did go with my cousin to Target Thursday night after she got off (7pm). We go her Ipods and checked those out pretty quickly. Then, she decided she wanted to look around and get some other things that were on sale. It only took us about 30 minutes, but when she saw the line (wrapped up and down every grocery aisle and around the store to the next main aisle over), she decided that she didn't need the items that badly. Then we went to Best Buy to get a couple things I couldn't get online. We were in and out in under 20 minutes and headed home. Friday, my sil and I went out just to get out of the house for a little while. I got a couple pair of pjs that my dd desperately needed now, but that was it. My sil bought quite a bit more, but she hadn't even started her shopping yet. Yesterday, we did a ton of online shopping for her. I'm stuck for at least a week until my dh's wc settlement comes in and I can pay myself back for the paychecks we never received. (I will be so very happy to be done with those people and finally get my dh's back fixed.)

Glad to hear everyone got some good deals.

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:20 pm

nfalks wrote:I did most of my shopping online this year. Money was really tight, and I only had a little, so the idea of going out this year just wasn't that fun. I did go with my cousin to Target Thursday night after she got off (7pm). We go her Ipods and checked those out pretty quickly. Then, she decided she wanted to look around and get some other things that were on sale. It only took us about 30 minutes, but when she saw the line (wrapped up and down every grocery aisle and around the store to the next main aisle over), she decided that she didn't need the items that badly. Then we went to Best Buy to get a couple things I couldn't get online. We were in and out in under 20 minutes and headed home. Friday, my sil and I went out just to get out of the house for a little while. I got a couple pair of pjs that my dd desperately needed now, but that was it. My sil bought quite a bit more, but she hadn't even started her shopping yet. Yesterday, we did a ton of online shopping for her. I'm stuck for at least a week until my dh's wc settlement comes in and I can pay myself back for the paychecks we never received. (I will be so very happy to be done with those people and finally get my dh's back fixed.)

Glad to hear everyone got some good deals.

Awww poor dude! I hope he can get his back fixed as well. After being in a bad crash myself and having back problems, I truly don't think there is anything worse than that.

HighwayForFriday
Black Friday Pro

Postby HighwayForFriday » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm

Went to Kohl's about an hour after they opened and the lines were packed (it's the only Kohl's around. You'd have to travel about an hour and a half to another state to find one)

Browsing around was not a hassle. Seems like the people that came the time Kohl's opened were already in line so I was technically "the 1st batch of the second hour."

Got a few things and basically waited an hour on the line until I finally left the store at maybe 9:30pm.
HighwayForFriday??? On Black Friday you gotta make a run to the nearest highway for your favorite deals duh!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:45 pm

HighwayForFriday wrote:Went to Kohl's about an hour after they opened and the lines were packed (it's the only Kohl's around. You'd have to travel about an hour and a half to another state to find one)

Browsing around was not a hassle. Seems like the people that came the time Kohl's opened were already in line so I was technically "the 1st batch of the second hour."

Got a few things and basically waited an hour on the line until I finally left the store at maybe 9:30pm.

Yea Kohl's lines are basically insane for the first couple of hours. And they move very very slowly.....so an hour wait is pretty normal.
The best way to do kohls is either get there right at opening so you can get in and our or get there a few hours later when the lines have died down.

Usually works the same at TRU, Target and Best Buy.

keeleon
Black Friday Pro

Postby keeleon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:35 pm

sportymonkey wrote:I have no bf experience. These past couple of weeks I've been putting in alot of overtime at work. Alot of 12hr shifts and working 6 days. Wellp all of that went to bills. My husband said this whole week that he would let me spend $100 at JCP since the kids really need clothes; and I would have liked to grab a sweater or 2. All of today has been hell, from not getting to leave work until 7a this morning right, turkey dinner not until 4 ( wanted to hit the opening time). I finally get him to leave and thinking we were going to go. Nope; he decides that somehow it's my fault that I'm broke or uses every excuse to not anty up.
The only BF experience that I did have is that I just went to Meijers to see if they had any .56c wrapping paper. Got 2 and also snagged 2 video games that were b1g1 for 19.99. My oldest son was with me and since dad had also broken his little heart I went ahead and let him pick out 2 games; one was a game he had been wanting for a long time.

I'm sorry for venting. I think yall would be the only ones that understand my frustration. I look forward to this day every year and for the past couple of years it has ended in failure. I would go out and just people watch but it probably would depress me even more.

What games did you get at JC Penney?

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:29 am

I picked up dinner for my family a few weeks ago and the TRU parking lot was mobbed. I did not even want to step into that store. Not even for $1,000.

Return to “Rants and Raves”