Why it be so DEE-EEE-DEE Dead here?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Why it be so DEE-EEE-DEE Dead here?

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:26 am

Disqus discussions are mainstream and look a lot like certain social media sites that reflect people wanting to be seen and heard. The bfads forums give all posters equal footing and opportunity to share, discuss, assist and inform. As a throwback poster the forums allow me to give and receive without starting a thread, posting personal 4-1-1 or ranting about everything under the sun.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:56 am

I miss what Black Friday used to be, not liking what Blue Thursday is turning out to be! I was okay with some of the 12am openings, but 5-6pm on Thursday? There is NOTHING BF about that! Just because the ad lasts until Friday? Give me a break.
I do miss getting up in the middle of the night to go shopping, and was home by late morning to rest, then decorate the house for Christmas/put up the tree. I live out in the country, but thankfully not too far away from everything, and don't particularly care for driving at night and worrying about critters lol But that sort of added to the craze lol.

Thankfully I haven't seen many problems with the younger crowd, but there are definitely more of them out there. I take my teenagers, but they are well behaved. But I admit, I worry about trying new stores and won't stand in line, as I won't risk their safety. They have loved going the past few years, and it's becoming something we can do together.

As for posting, I try to get on here every day especially this time of year, I don't always post, but I love to read what everyone has to say :)

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Social media has been around for a while and this site has done little to improve the overall look and feel. It looks like a piece of stale toast in comparison to other sites. This site is the one that all of the other ones use as the gold ship that gets raided, then off they go with the booty as long as they give props to the barmaid on the way to SD or GD.

Return to “Rants and Raves”