*** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby mabrey » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:22 am

I was able to start my BF shopping on Monday @ Big Lots. We needed a new sofa & they had a Sealy brand sofa for $288 already for the sale price. Had 3 people from my work who have purchased furniture from Big Lots & have had very good luck. It is actually a very nice sofa.

Tuesday I shopped online @ Khols & got most of my list - but I could'nt get the 15 piece knife set for $20 so I put khols on the list to hit on BF.
Then I went online and bought a shirt @ Catherines for 50% off. Most everything was 50% off and by the time I browsed through their site my 1st choice was sold out so I got my 2nd choice. Ship to store for free to.

Wednesday night after midnight ( now technically Thanksgiving )I went online @ Office Depo & bought an office chair that was normally $199 for $79.99. Then I bought a HP printer for $19, OD brand ink for 50% off. Then shopped online @ Annas Linens where I bought some blankets. Finished shopping online around 4:30am & layed down untill 6am to try to get online @ Home Depo & Belk. After trying, both stores were having web site issues and I could not purchase anything that I wanted. I tried shopping Wal Mart online with free ship to store & it kept changing my store location to a WM across town to one I did not want to drive to. Don't know why it would not save my location because I have purchased stuff before like this with no issue. I even signed in & it would not work.

Thursday we headed out around 3PM.
1. 1st stop was HHGreg, but all I wanted was the $2.99 umbrellas and the line was too long to justify waiting so we headed to Walgreens for some of their sales especially the B1G2 free stuff & a perscription I had called in.
2. Then headed to the mall to JCPennys which openned at 5pm & Belk at 6pm. Picked up our coupons for $10 off $10 purchase and then went to Belk next door to get their gift certificates with the hope of getting the $1000 one. They did not label the entances and apparently we waited at the wrong one, so we missed the gift cards. I headed in to get the gold toe socks and hubby went back to Pennys were I met up with him in the home section after I used one of my CPN's for 2 very nice scarfs and a pair of gloves all for $2.08. Pennys was the worst wait of any store I've been to in years. I don't know what their issues were but it was really bad. I actually was thinking about putting our items back & leaving after an hour wait when the line finally started moving at a steady pace. My hubby bought a large electric griddle for $10 with the cpn & the mail in rebate for $10, so if I remember to send it in the griddle will end up being free. They had really nice towels on sale for $2.99 so I bought 6 of those and with my CPN all 6 towels only cost me $8.42. These were much nicer than the ones I have gotten at Wal Mart in previous years.
3. Next we went to Office Depo for things I didn't get online. The scull candy headphones for $1.99 were sold out but I did pick up more of the HD ink for 50% off because it was a limit of 1 each online. They had printer paper - 800 sheets for $4 so I picked up 2 packs of them & a wireless keypad & mouse combo for $18 along with 2 16 gig micro memory cards for $5.99. This was the best experience of any store this year. Between all the very helpful employees who had devices in their hands to check if items were in stock or sold out to the cashier was also very friendly & had us laughing.
4. Went over to Khols to get the items I couldn't purchase online. By now it was after 8pm and the knife set I wanted was sold out, but I did find a Cuisinart 15 pc set for $29 which was originally $99. So I was happy with that. This is the only store I went off my list & purchased 2 memory foam toppers that I would have gotten at Wal Mart, but did not make it there this year (Bad experience last year so I did not want to go back) and then I bought 2 memory foam pillows along with some other smaller items. With my purcheses here and online I have $45 dollars in Khols cash to use next week.
5. Went home brought everything in and had a snack before going to bed at 12:30am.
6. Set alarm to get up at 3am so we could go to Home Depo 5am opening- We were 2nd in line and waited almost 1 hr and it was cold outside, even with heavy coat & gloves. Big ticket item here was the Martha Stewart prelit tree for $79. They had all the trees already loaded into shopping carts & lined up, so all we had to do was wheel it on out & go get the other items on our list.
7. Went over to Joann Fabrics to pick up a few items - ribbon & some paper chrismas plates.
8. Went to McD's for a biscuit then home to unload for 2nd time & laid down to sleep some.

Even though I don't think the ads were as good as previous years, I did pick up a lot of stuff and got some good bargins and I am very happy with what I got this year.

Shopgirl2119
Black Friday Pro

Postby Shopgirl2119 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:47 am

Wanted to shop the malls again this year. I usually shop at H&M because they "usually" have the best deals mall wise. The mall opened at 6pm. We get to the H&M line to get a scratcher and they tell us we can have the scratchers but they could not be used until 12am and that was when the sales would start. I guess some genius thought us customers just have 6 hours to kill at a mall. I went to nike and got my on sale gym shoes for even cheaper as they were offering a 20% off sale on top of a sale. Next went to victoria secret (spent enough to get two "free" bags). Went to the converse store (no sales there) because my brother needed some new chucks. Went to forever 21 and received a scratcher there. I was able to get 25% off my entire purchase. Left the mall and preceded to go to walmart. I needed some winter pajamas so I made sure to get some of those. I also got my brother some $6 pajama pants for Christmas. I found my dad a track suit 2 piece set for $11. I do not know what I was thinking but I did not buy any movies :-(. Bummer. I was home by 9:40 pm. I woke up at 5:30 am to head out to toysrus. I picked up a tamagotchi and waited in line for 40min. I heard the 99 cent only store was handing out christmas trees for a dollar but because I was at toysrus so long I missed out on it. My brother and I were so tired that we stop for a movie and that was the conclusion of my Black Friday. It was not the best this year but it was fun just spending time with family. I think I will have a new plan next year. Merry Christmas guys!! :-)

digby723
Black Friday Pro

Postby digby723 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:44 am

Started my BF shopping on Monday w/ Amazon, bought some DVDs that were going to be in the ads for the same price, all but one is delivered already (Avengers, backordered until next week). Then on Tuesday I bought a Michael Kors watch online at Niemen Marcus Last Call, $97 shipped and still waiting for it to get here. Got the ninja food processor on Target.com on Wed with my redcard for my dad for Christmas, another thing checked off the list. Then on Thanksgiving I woke up around 6 am and started buying everything else I wanted online. Bought the $4 DVDs/blurays on Target.com and then spent about $75 on bestbuy.com on DVDs. Tried to find the Dutch Oven on jcp.com for $25 after rebate but I couldn't. Finally got up and out of bed at 8 am to shower and finally go see Hunger Games: Mockingjay.

After dinner at 4 pm, my mom, sister and I went out to the mall to go to JCP. Got the Dutch Oven and picked up the Pyrex set for $17 after MIR. Also picked up some cute baby clothes for a friends baby shower next week. Didn't see any snowglobes (but I don't collect them) or anyone handing out the $10 coupons. But we got there 30-45 mins after they opened. Dropped everything off at the car and we went back to the mall so my sister could go to American Eagle. Because we were some of the first 100 people in the store, each of us got a $10 gift card. Gave them all to my sister & she got a cardigan for $8 after discounts and giftcards! She wanted to go to Express so we did but she didn't buy anything, so then we went home.

On Black Friday I got up around 8, and then my mom and I got ready and went to the outlets. Got there by 9:30. It was busy but not packed or crazy, looked like any other busy weekend. TONS of available parking too. Got a Christmas gift for a friend at the Michael Kors outlet for only $30 after their extra 25% off sale. Got more cute baby clothes for my friend and my mom scored a North Face jacket for only $100! Debated about buying a longchamp travel tote that was on sale at the Bloomingdales outlet for $165 (down from $255) but their extra 25% off sale didn't apply to it. I left it there, but I'm still debating about it. We hung out at the mall until 1:30 when it started to get crazy crowded and we were starting to get hungry. We'd walked through everything anyways, so we left. Went to Toys R Us, I was trying to find the $10 diapers in the ad - I think it was for a 90 pack, size 1, but they were sold out. Found a different pack for 78 ct for $10 size 1 so I got those instead. I'm making my friend diaper babies for her baby shower next week - so this will let me make a few & gift her the rest as "leftovers".

Waited for my sister to come home after she was done working. Went back out in the evening to Macys to get jeans. I had gone to the DKNY outlet with my mom earlier but when I got there the jeans were on "sale" for B1G1 $30. Original price was $70 each!! :shock: :shock: :shock: No way was I spending $100 for 2 pairs of jeans! Macys had them on sale for $35 and I had a coupon, so I got them from there. 8) Then we went back to the outlet mall so my sister could get my Christmas gift from the Michael Kors outlet - got a $98 wristlet for only $55! so happy!! :D Then we went to the Coach outlet for her to pickup some gifts for a friend and coworker. After that we went home.

Overall a very successful BF for me. Most of my shopping was done online and hardly any crowds when we went out. No plan to go out today, but that might change later. :lol:

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Not too bad overall.

Thursday morning I got online and purchased some things from Best Buy and Lowe's. I have The Big Bang Theory Season 7, a Pebble Watch, Logitech Harmony remote, Johnny Cash CD, and an HTC Desire 510 are all being shipped. I missed the Lego Movie deal for $3.96 online. I ordered the Hitachi nail gun from Lowe's with in-store pickup on Friday.

Thursday evening our first stop was Walmart for the 50" TVs. After the normal shenanigans and round about clueless Walmart workers, we were able to secure two. I would have been fine with picking them up later, but they had ours in stock. We were number 335 and 336. Grabbed some of the movies that they had and some yarn and then checked out. We waited in line an hour or more to get them as they were loading everything out of the back of the store. Drove thirty five minutes to get to our next destination. Then, we went to Ulta for the wife to grab some stuff, went to Kohl's for the $7.99 Crock-pot, bath mats, pillows, some boots, and some slippers and then Michael's (for the wife) and Best Buy for myself (I walked out with nothing though they still had deals at about 11 pm). A quick trip into Target to get a pretzel and then to Shoe Carnival to pick me up some shoes. Drove back the thirty five minutes to Bath and Body Works and got some of the $5 Wallflowers. Stopped to grab some food from Cook-Out as they opened at midnight and then back home by 1:30 Friday morning.

Left Friday morning around 11 am and went to PetSmart to get some treats and routine dog food. Then went to Best Buy just for kicks and giggles. Found the Lego Movie Blu-ray on the shelf and got what was probably the last one in the entire country at around noon on Friday. Went to Home Depot for the $.99 poinsettias and then to Lowe's for the pick-up. Back home because we ran out of places to go. We didn't even venture into Target this year.

Finally, while sitting here and before typing this post I decided to check and see if Lowe's still had some of their batteries. They did so, I have two 36 count AA batteries to pick up tomorrow or Monday when I head back their direction. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have some sheets and the Indiana Jones collection coming from Target.com that I ordered Thursday morning as well. That's why we didn't go to a Target store.
Last edited by guitarist19862005 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Around 2pm, left the house to head to WM, and decided to do a recon mission for my brother to find out how long the lines were at Target. The shopping center where Target is also has our BB in it. So I drive through and it's COMPLETELY DEAD! There were literally only 4 people in line at BB. FOUR! No tents, no nothing, just people. So strange! Then I drove up to Target expecting to see a line wrapped around the store, and there's only 7 people there! So I called to let my brother know about it, and he decides that he wants the 50" TV at BB instead of the Target 40". Ended up having to stand in line for him until he could get there, and only 2 other people showed up in that amount of time, and they were together. I left when he got there to go to WM.

We rolled into WM around 2:45pm, had no trouble finding a parking spot nor 2 carts. Get inside the store, NONE of the pallets are wrapped. At first, they weren't letting anyone near anything, several employees guarding each of the "hotter" items and some of the not-so-hot items. By about 3:30pm, I think they just said the heck with it and were only informing people that they couldn't get the sale price until 6pm. Had my carts all packed with stuff and was first in line for checkout at 4:45pm. I should mention that they were once again guarding the DVDs/BRs/games like they were the Hope Diamond, but with a twist. They started a line for people to look at the movies right at 6pm. The line snaked through 8 extra-long grocery aisles and was longer than the line for the $159 laptops (which had at least 100 people in it). I wasn't standing in line for cheap movies for that long, so I decided that I'd go back after hitting all the other stores to pick through the remnants and hope to find something. So back to the line to relieve my niece of cart-watching duty and wait for 6pm to roll around.

Around 5:30pm, my dad calls me to tell me that BB doesn't have the gaming mouse I was after and that it wasn't in the printed ad. I flipped through that BB ad about 20 times and lo and behold, no gaming mouse. Once again, a BB manager is incompetent. So I frantically get on BB's website and search for it. After about 20 pages, I found it and ordered it immediately. The charge is still pending on my card and it still says being processed on the website, so fingers crossed I don't get that bad email that everyone who orders online dreads.

About 5 minutes to sale time at WM, a nice manager that I had been talking to on and off all afternoon came over to tell us that the registers were going to reset to reflect the sales prices right at 6pm, and that they'd let us start loading our carts at 6:01pm. No problem there. Loaded all the stuff on the belts and was checked out, car loaded and on the road by 6:15pm.

Next stop was Staples for the V-Tech cordless phone system. It was dead, no lines at all. I did have to ask 4 different employees where to find the phones, and the last person I asked knew exactly where it was, unlike the first 3, who all had some different explanation as to what may have happened to them. I got the last one, checked out, and then headed up to Target. We thought Target would be a mad house at 6:45pm, but it wasn't all that bad. Decent parking spot, got a cart on the way into the store with no waiting, and the checkout line was almost non-existent. We were in and out of that store within an hour. Would have been sooner, but it took us 15 minutes to find the end-cap with the heated blankets on it (whoever thought to put it in the back of the aisle was a genius :roll: ). Finished up there, then off to our local mall.

First stop at the mall was Bath and Bodyworks, which was swamped. I was also disappointed in my friend who was supposedly feeding me "inside" information and talking to me like she knew something last week. I wasn't disappointed with this year's VIP bag though. Nor was I disappointed that almost everything was buy 3, get 3. Hand soaps ended up 6/$19.50, which is close enough to 7/$20 for me lol. Hit the $40 for the VIP bag easily! Took us a little while to check out, but it was well worth it. Hit a few more mall stores until we made our way to JCP. Our JCP never got their snow globes, which ticked me off to no end since the next closest JCP to me is 2 hours away.

After we left the mall, we stopped to grab a quick bite at McD's. Once again, no line at all in the drive-thru. After eating, we headed back to WM to scavenge through the leftovers in DVDs/BRs. We get in there, and it's like a ghost town. There's a little bit of everything left! Most of the 8pm sale was still available at 10pm. Most of the movies and games were still available, in mass quantities. There was an entire pallet full of the $29 RCA tablets sitting in electronics. There were even towels left! So I grabbed all the DVDs/BRs on my list (plus some that weren't), checked out and decided to call it a night and headed home. The niece and I unloaded everything, separated everything, hung out for several hours, then I took her home.

I ventured back out around 5:30am Friday morning to go to a further away WM to see if they got their shipment of Genie Bras since our WM didn't have the sale ones. I get there, and they didn't get a pallet of them either. That place was more dead than anywhere else I had been, so the manager decided to call around and ask other semi-local stores if they had received them. She must have called every store in a 50 mile radius. NONE of them had got the pallets. We decided it couldn't be a coincidence, and she was nice enough to take my name, number, sizes and which colors I'd like to have, with the promise to call me when they came in and sell them to me at the BF sale price. I love our local WMs... So after that, I picked through their remnants, found another pair of jeans in my son's very weird size and a few other things, checked out, and made it to PetSmart before their 7am opening. Got a stocking and scratch-off card for $5 off $50, then gave the coupon to someone who didn't get a stocking. Good deed for the day. :)

Hit a few other stores in the shopping center, then headed back to Target to return something I bought "just in case" WM had ran out. Decided to walk around and see if I could find a couple things I couldn't find the day before and use my $15 gift card. Target also still had towels and pretty much everything else. Was shocked! So I bought my stuff, headed to McD's again to grab hubby breakfast, then home for good.

To say that this "Grey Thursday" was mild is an understatement. It was the most uneventful BF I've ever experienced in my 20+ years of doing the sales. I felt like I was in an episode of "The Twilight Zone". The only thing I heard about locally was a fight breaking out at a WM that is kind of close to home over the $5 pillows and the cops had to be called. We all avoid that particular WM like the plague because fights break out there even on normal days. It's in a bad part of a neighboring town.

I got everything on my list, except for 2 items. First time in years that that's happened. But overall, I'm quite happy. My niece and I had a blast being out together and goofing around! Hope everyone else had a great time as well!! :D

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro

Postby dkst0426 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:02 pm

guitarist19862005 wrote:Finally, while sitting here and before typing this post I decided to check and see if Lowe's still had some of their batteries. They did so, I have two 36 count AA batteries to pick up tomorrow or Monday when I head back their direction. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

I'm thrilled that this year, they're Rayovac batteries. They're not the greatest, but they'll be a lot better than the generic-brand batteries they've sold in packs on BF the last couple of years.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:47 pm

got to JCP at 5:20 and was told they were out of snowglobes!!! AGGHHHH grabbed some of the $10 off of $10's and stood in line FOREVER to buy the deep fryer and a Bluetooth speaker. Oh well, at least I had the $10 coupons...

Next to Walmart - WHAT A NIGHTMARE! they had all of the stuff blocked so we were like rats in a maze!!! Snagged the $25 sheet sets so all was well. Was going to get a sewing machine rolling cart but they were gone.

Now to Kohls........only wanted to get a bead for my MIL's bracelet so found out they were handing out #'s for the jewelry line. While I was waiting to be helped I spied a watch that I wanted.....ooooo....in jewelry so I could get it too. The watch was 50% off & I had a 15% off coupon AND a $10 coupon so saved a ton AND have $45 in Kohls cash to spend next week.

Off to Best Buy just to look around....got a wireless mouse & got out of there!

Next stop......Bath & Body Works......at the mall so squeezed myself in amongst all the crowds. Used 3 $10 off of $30 coupons and a free item coupon so was pretty happy!!

As mom and I were walking around the mall I saw the JCP there wasn't crowded & I had a few $10 off of $10's left so thought I would look around...left her on a bench to hold the BBW haul and headed in. I told one of the cashiers about the snowglobes at the other store and she said we still have some in catalog......don't think she had the words out of her mouth before I took off running.....snagged my snowglobe & noticed they had the hair products for 50% off. decided to spend a couple of my $10's there & spent the rest on office gifts.

We were done and it was only 11pm.....that is too early so we headed to the casino to kill time till 6 am.

had fun there & came out ahead so ordered galaxy s5's for myself & hubby....

Next stop was Joann's to get my sewing machine case & some other things with 25% off coupon (better deal than the walmart one even!)

Was headed to Barnes & Noble but they didn't open till 8 so left mom at Bed Bath & Beyond while I ran to Home Depot. Grabbed my HD stuff, a couple of donuts and back to pick up mom. shopped for the grandkids & picked up a couple of cool things & stocking stuffers.

B&N next so mom could get her new Nook. She picked out the glowlight and was looking at it while we were heading down the road. She decided she wanted the tablet so back we went.

We got home about 10:30 am........

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:34 pm

dkst0426 wrote:
guitarist19862005 wrote:Finally, while sitting here and before typing this post I decided to check and see if Lowe's still had some of their batteries. They did so, I have two 36 count AA batteries to pick up tomorrow or Monday when I head back their direction. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

I'm thrilled that this year, they're Rayovac batteries. They're not the greatest, but they'll be a lot better than the generic-brand batteries they've sold in packs on BF the last couple of years.

Agreed. I figured they were a better deal than the RadioShack ones.

digby723
Black Friday Pro

Postby digby723 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:45 am

I think I need a BF intervention now lol. Shortly after writing my last post, my mom checked her email and got a $20 off $100 or more coupon at the Bloomingdales outlet from her purchase the day before. So I got dressed and went back to the outlets for my Longchamp travel tote. I couldn't pass it up at $100 off retail! :D

Decided to stop at Best Buy for the $7 Taylor Swift CD. Couldn't find it anywhere so I checked online and it said OOS in store and not available for sale online. Decided to look at headphones for my mom for Christmas since she wasn't with me today, and grabbed her a new pair of earbuds on sale for $20, down from $50. Turned around to walk towards check out and saw The Taylor Swift CD just sitting there behind me on an end cap I'd already looked at! Grabbed it, paid & left!

I thought I was finally done BF shopping until I checked my Amazon wish list a few hours later. Picked up 5 more DVDs now on sale lol. Going out tomorrow for my sister to Kohls for a gift for her coworker while she goes to work...I'll have to wait and see what damage I do there!! :lol:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:04 am

Like others, my BF was great this year as well!

At the beginning of the week, I was able to buy the Lego Movie for $3.99 online from WorstBuy, a few toys from Toys-R-Us, and everything on my list from Kohls. Wednesday morning, I woke up and went to Tractor Supply to get my kids some boots, and some of the 2/1 air hoses for my compressor. All of which was great. My Kohls order has arrived, my TRU order has shipped and will be here Tuesday, my Lego Movie has arrived, and Tractor Supply wasn't busy at all.

Wednesday night, I went to RadioShack online to order my drone. I figured I'd attempt to add it to my cart at 10:45 and see if the price changed at 11 like it was suppose to. When I added it to my cart, the price was already the BF price. So I went ahead and checked out. I also got my son a remote controlled helicopter. I was so happy I got those online before they sold out. Those 2 items have shipped as well.

Thursday morning I woke up and headed to town to Walgreens. I bought a ton of the laundry detergent (B1G2), dish washer detergent (B1G1), chips (B1G1), Jet-Dry (B1G1), Crayola art kits, Mrs. Fields Cookies, and Wonderful Pistachios. No issues there with buying so much. Then I went to Kmart to get the fold up wagon. The lady informed it it was a FRIDAY sale so I didn't get that. It was my fault though for not reading that part. So I headed home and stopped at another Walgreens to buy another lot of Jet-Dry and dish detergent. While I was there I also bought a newspaper (who knew those things still existed anyway? lol).

After that, I went home and watched the parade with my family, then went to my wifes parents for lunch.

About 3:15, I headed to Walmart. Normally I am one of the first people there, and get to scope out the place and make my plan. Nope, not this time. The place was already packed. The lines for the tablets and TVs were insane. Thankfully I didn't need those. I stood by the Jake & Neverland Pirates Tiki hideout since they only had THREE of those. Then closer to 5 I went ahead and grabbed one and threw it in my buggy. Then I grabbed the basketballs, footballs, Taste of Home books, ShopVac, and the wax warmer. I went to the DVDs but the line was long for that so I skipped those. However the XBox live cards were 50% off and up front so I bought enough for 2 years worth for my son and a set for me. Then I loaded my stuff on the conveyor in line and waited to check out (first in line). Once they started ringing people up, I was out in no-time.

I came home, unloaded the stuff, grabbed my wife and headed up to the city to start shopping. We stopped at JCP first to get the snowglobes, which they did not have. Then we went to Belk and I bought her a gift there and she bought the Discovery lantern for our youngest. After that, we went to Bath & Body Works and bought all of the boys' teachers gifts as well as stuff for us and her bag from there. Then we ran next door to Staples where I bought her a gift and a box of paper. I was shocked because the box of paper was only $10 after rebate, which has 10 reams. woo hoo!

After we left Staples, we went to the other mall where we went to Macy's first where I bought some boxers. Then we went to the Macy's Home store where we used the $20/$50 coupon to buy some new pillows. From there, she went to Ulta and bought a few things. After Ulta, we headed to another shopping center where we went to OfficeMax so I could get my son the wireless keyboard/mouse combo and we could also hit FiveBelow to get the gingerbread kits.

After FiveBelow, we went to Steak & Shake for dinner, then headed back south. We stopped at our Walmart to see which movies/games were left, and I was able to get one of the MarioKart 8 for my brother-in-law (he wanted 2). We got that and then came home and went to bed right at midnight.

We woke up at 4 and headed back north. We got to the Walmart that SoDangPretty goes to, and was able to find the soundbar my mother in-law wanted so we grabbed that and a Christmas tree for her at 30% off. From there, we went to Sams where I wanted a TV for our bedroom to replace ours. However after standing in line, I realized that too was online online. Again my fault for not reading that. So we just left without the TV. We went to Super Shoes to buy her some work scrubs. After that we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.

After that, we headed back south and stopped at our local Walmart to get some stuff for dinner. While there, they had a ton of stuff left. I got the second copy of MarioKart for my Brother-In-Law, the soundbar he wanted, and our dinner stuff. Then we headed home and relaxed the rest of the day.

Saturday morning I woke up and bought a TV on Sams website from their Cyber Monday sales. w00t!

So out of my 3 page spreadsheet list, the only things I did NOT accomplish in getting are the 2pk of sentiment hand towels from Kohls, the RealTree Boys Hoodie from Walmart which I couldn't find, and the free touchscreen gloves from Radio Shack. I ordered my snowglobe on eBay so I accomplished everything except those 3 things listed above. Had I gone into the stores, I would have gotten everything except the hoodie. This year was an accomplishment!!!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:54 am

This year has been kind of depressing for me. After I was told I had to work Thursday night and got denied using my PTO; I lost my luster. On Tuesday I got a few things done. Went online to TRU and got the cool baker on sale and some things for my neice and nephew. Suprisingly it was delivered Friday. Went to the childrens place at our mall and got a really good deal on clothes. 6 outfits and 3 sets of pjs for 84 something.
Thanksgiving morning I rant to Meiers and got the new COD game and divergent. Also went to Kmart to get the dresser for 29. It's not too bad; my sons really needed a new one and we put it together while watching the parade.
After leaving thanksgiving dinners I cried my little eyes out; watching the stores fill up and knowing I wouldn't get to be apart of it this year. Went to work and sat, sat, Sat. I work in a cold freezer storage facility. We had one driver come for a load that was already done; that was it. I had to work Friday night also and it too was dead as a door nail. Flippin sucked.
I so wanted to go to Target with my hubs and get 2 of the tv deals for 79. But since he was very angainst it in his thinking that they don't need one ( they have huuuge old box tv's and I wanted to buy new ones so that they can have some room in their already small rooms) I just gave up.

I've lost my mojo. I am now lost on what to get my kids bc my dear scrooge of a husband down plays everything I can think of. My mojo usually comes from going out bf and being amongst the crowd. Oh well, better luck next year.

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro

Postby SoDangPretty » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Considering there was really nothing I wanted from the ads this year, looking back I did way more then I expected to.

I actually had a lot of luck with the TRU PreBF sale for Rewards members..got the Galaxy Squad lego set my son needed to complete his collection for 50% off, the Despicable Me minifigure set for 20 bux, 9.99 megablocks for the nieces and nephews, and the 7.49 fisher price medical kits. Also grabbed two of the little live pets Romeo and Juliet birds for myself..I love toys that talk!

On Wednesday I did the B2G1 Free used video games from Best Buy, which normally starts on Thursday..was able to get 3 games for 50 bux, Kirby, Tomadochi and Lego City Undercover. Also ordered a woven photo throw for half off from Walgreens from the inlaws, and some really cool gloves for my boss who loves the Redskins.

Got up on Thanksgiving morning and hit WM to get my newspaper (yes Tek they do still exist lol) and stopped by Kmart for one of the 14.99 comforters. There were only about 10 people in line, which really surprised me. Hit the new Krispy Kreme for some hot and fresh to hold us off until lunch. Got home and cooked..and cooked..and cooked..ate at about 1 and then the hubby fell asleep. He would not get up so we were late leaving for WM!!! I like to be there by 4 and we got there at 5.

Rushed into WM and as always, nothing was covered, you could get what you wanted just had to wait til 6 to check out. I had nothing on my list except the $20 Telescope/microscope set for my son. Started down the aisle though and grabbed a memory foam pillow, and picked up two of the mattress toppers, full and queen. I actually need a king and a twin, but that was all that was left. Figured I can make one of them work on the twin and give the other as a gift. We headed down the toy aisle, grabbed two Frozen bean bag chairs someone had laid down, the Marvel hot wheel set, 1600 Lego set, Nerf gun and my husband ran and grabbed the telescope. Realized my buggy was full so I headed back up front and the hubby went on the hunt. I got in line and he came back with the books, some sharpies, and a video game out the case that I hoped would ring up right. I ended up giving my queen mattress topper to a couple in line who begged me for it. We checked out at 6 and were out of the parking lot and at Kohls by 615.

At Kohls, all I wanted was some of the blankets..we grabbed 3 of those and some Nerf toys for half off. The line was pretty long but we got out really quick.

Headed to TRU for the 17.49 Super Mario Chess game. My 10 year old loves chess and plays in tournaments, so of course when he saw this game with Mario he threw a fit for it. Did they have it? Of course not! One of those items they never got and shouldnt have put in the ad. Now i'm prolly going to have to get it from online for like 50 bux..yay! Thanks TRU!

Headed to the mall next, my hubby got some tools that he doesn't need, and then we laid on the mattresses in Sears for a while. LOL The lady tried so hard to sell us one, I didn't have the heart to tell her we just needed a break haha.

Hit Target next and picked up a wooly sheep ornament for my Christmas tree. I drove to Lynchburg (about a hour away) on Friday and picked up another wooly sheep (they are a set) Ordered some DC shoes online for the hubby, and had a King Mattress Topper from WM but my order was cancelled :(

We put up our Christmas tree on Saturday (it's a tradition) and then this morning I went to Target with the hubby for B2G1 Free Christmas ornaments. The sale isn't great, but 5 years ago today that is where we met, so we like to go back every year for the same sale, and meet each other all over again. (awww!)

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:01 pm

I like hearing all the stories.

I went out at 10:00 am on Friday.

I bought milk, broccoli, garbage bags, and some fruit. I did get a package of the Rubbermaid storage containers at WM. I got home at 12:30 and bought each of the kids a $10 t-shirt from Hot Topic.

Whew! What a day. :lol:

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Kaelha wrote:I like hearing all the stories.

I went out at 10:00 am on Friday.

I bought milk, broccoli, garbage bags, and some fruit. I did get a package of the Rubbermaid storage containers at WM. I got home at 12:30 and bought each of the kids a $10 t-shirt from Hot Topic.

Whew! What a day. :lol:

:lol: Glad you survived
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks. I like to live dangerously.

Return to “Rants and Raves”