*** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10818
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

*** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Let us know where you went, what you bought, how were the crowds, what deals did you find, etc.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
HighwayForFriday
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby HighwayForFriday » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Let us know where you went, what you bought, how were the crowds, what deals did you find, etc.


So I was going to go to Target.com and wait for the iPad Mini 2 to go on sale so I could buy it and get the $100 gift card but then BestBuy emailed me saying they had the iPad Mini 2's at $75 off. Let me tell you, it didn't take long for the internet community to start talking and soon after, all of them were gone in terms of being shipped to your home. However, I was lucky enough to get one from the store and have to just pick it up. I might have spent $25 more overall, but at least I beat the crazy people waiting for the Target sales to go live online.
HighwayForFriday??? On Black Friday you gotta make a run to the nearest highway for your favorite deals duh!

User avatar
Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper
Posts: 2646
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 pm

On my morning run today I stopped in at Jo-Ann Fabric at a little after 6 am. The store wasn't crowded at all, perhaps just 8-10 customers. I didn't buy anything, but I picked up a sales flyer with the coupons for the rest of the weekend.

User avatar
lovebf
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1453
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:06 am

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby lovebf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:38 am

Just got the scoop from Target.com and got the Beats Solo my daughter wanted!! Whoo Hoo!! Scooped out Walmart by putting them up. Now, I don't have to chase them down.
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby dkst0426 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:19 am

Been busy today..........

A bit of background here: I have 4 kids. A 7, twin 5s, and a 3. Wishlists have been dominated by Frozen and superheroes (especially Batman and Flash). You can guess which wishes go to which kid, I gather.

Anyway, it's been a busy evening online, especially since midnight:

Kohl's: Character slippers, Frozen washcloths, and an Anaheim Angels t-shirt and pair of boots for the wife.
Amazon: Barbie Secret Door Princess Alexa singing doll for $9 for the 5-yr old girl.

Got all that in the early evening, and then the fun started after midnight. Kept reloading and reloading certain websites:

Walmart: socks, gloves, memory card, Mickey PJs for the wife. Justice League PJ set, long-sleeved Olaf shirt and pants for the boy, LS Elsa and Anna shirts for the girls. I actually had a pair of Batman PJ pants for the boy and 2-3 sets of superhero underwear for him, but they were out of stock online by the time I was ready to check out and my cart refreshed. Frozen underwear for the girls wasn't available right off the bat. Could not find these socks to save my life:

Image

None of the sale DVDs are available online, as usual.

Target: Frozen play-doh set, Giant Box of Color (which I'm probably going to regret once I see marks on my walls/furniture. :lol:

Went to Office Depot/Max and Staples as well, but since I was only looking for 1-2 specific items and wasn't going to have enough to get free shipping, that ended those visits. I had some miniscule hope that there might be something more to Kmart/Sears that I might have missed, but those ended up being short visits to their websites, too.

Still planning to hit Lowes and Home Depot websites, but that may have to wait until after breakfast.

At this current rate, I really will have no pressing need to go to the stores at all. I likely will hit Walmart just for the sport of it, and especially to see what movies I can pick up as well as the children's clothing that I wasn't able to get online. Other than that, my shopping is already pretty much done after starting before Halloween. Thanks to BFads, planning was real easy as always.

Good luck, all!

User avatar
XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 6209
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby XmasDVD » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:17 am

bump to top

happyfan
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:21 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby happyfan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Stopped at WM. Got all the DVD's and blus I wanted off the racks and scanned them. All rang up at BF price. Went to the game case for AC Rogue and not a single copy. Asked guy about getting a copy. Said it was sold out. Showed him online said it is in stock. Mouthed off quite a bit before telling me if I wanted it, to just go to Amazon because he wasn't getting it out of the back (now before anybody gets upset I'm cheating the system, it's widely known for years you can buy known BF specials the morning of Thanksgiving for their BF price). Asked him very politely if that's his final answer about it. Asked me what I was going to do about it. Called the wife and within 5 minutes had the ENTIRE management team back there apologizing. Dude finally found out who I was and turned a pale of white I've only seen on bedsheets.
Walked out with everything and only have to go back later for the odd and ends things that aren't a necessity and the dang snowglobe across town. The wife normally handles that but she's working at 3 and they pass them out at 5 so I get to be super awesome husband and fetch it for her. Hoping it'll score brownie points. Can't have enough of those.

As far as crowd, they were already lined up for the 50"Tv as well as the iPads and the systems (PS4 and Xbone). Crowd looks particularly rowdy and white trashy this year. Heard at least 4 messages paged across about no smoking indoors. And an empty bottle of Schlitz was sitting on the end of an aisle. Hoping for a good fist fight.

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby dkst0426 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 pm

^^ :lol:

Where are you located?

User avatar
HighwayForFriday
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby HighwayForFriday » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:21 pm

happyfan wrote:Stopped at WM. Got all the DVD's and blus I wanted off the racks and scanned them. All rang up at BF price. Went to the game case for AC Rogue and not a single copy. Asked guy about getting a copy. Said it was sold out. Showed him online said it is in stock. Mouthed off quite a bit before telling me if I wanted it, to just go to Amazon because he wasn't getting it out of the back (now before anybody gets upset I'm cheating the system, it's widely known for years you can buy known BF specials the morning of Thanksgiving for their BF price). Asked him very politely if that's his final answer about it. Asked me what I was going to do about it. Called the wife and within 5 minutes had the ENTIRE management team back there apologizing. Dude finally found out who I was and turned a pale of white I've only seen on bedsheets.
Walked out with everything and only have to go back later for the odd and ends things that aren't a necessity and the dang snowglobe across town. The wife normally handles that but she's working at 3 and they pass them out at 5 so I get to be super awesome husband and fetch it for her. Hoping it'll score brownie points. Can't have enough of those.

As far as crowd, they were already lined up for the 50"Tv as well as the iPads and the systems (PS4 and Xbone). Crowd looks particularly rowdy and white trashy this year. Heard at least 4 messages paged across about no smoking indoors. And an empty bottle of Schlitz was sitting on the end of an aisle. Hoping for a good fist fight.


Who exactly are you haha?
HighwayForFriday??? On Black Friday you gotta make a run to the nearest highway for your favorite deals duh!

LHaro
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby LHaro » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Getting ready to had out to Walmart in about 30 minutes. Husband headed for Target. Online I did get the 3DS XL from Walmart and the 32 GB Ipad Air from Staples.

I'll post an update tonight after I get back from the stores.

dkst0426
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby dkst0426 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:05 pm

It worked! As soon as I read happyfan's post, I made a beeline to WM. They were still unloading DVDs and the guy was a bit snarky before I even reached for any of them - "Can't get them yet. See the sign? It says they go on sale at 6 pm." Went to the kid's clothing section and reached in for the $3 Frozen and Avengers underwear, socks, and the $4.50 Batman PJs. Occurred to me that they might not let me check out, so I went through self-checkout, and everything went smoothly.

Thanks for the heads-up, happyfan! Wish I had as much pull as you evidently do so that I could've gotten some movies, but I can go back for those.

User avatar
JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:36 am
Location: at my house

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby JrdnJstn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 pm

HighwayForFriday wrote:
happyfan wrote:Stopped at WM. Got all the DVD's and blus I wanted off the racks and scanned them. All rang up at BF price. Went to the game case for AC Rogue and not a single copy. Asked guy about getting a copy. Said it was sold out. Showed him online said it is in stock. Mouthed off quite a bit before telling me if I wanted it, to just go to Amazon because he wasn't getting it out of the back (now before anybody gets upset I'm cheating the system, it's widely known for years you can buy known BF specials the morning of Thanksgiving for their BF price). Asked him very politely if that's his final answer about it. Asked me what I was going to do about it. Called the wife and within 5 minutes had the ENTIRE management team back there apologizing. Dude finally found out who I was and turned a pale of white I've only seen on bedsheets.
Walked out with everything and only have to go back later for the odd and ends things that aren't a necessity and the dang snowglobe across town. The wife normally handles that but she's working at 3 and they pass them out at 5 so I get to be super awesome husband and fetch it for her. Hoping it'll score brownie points. Can't have enough of those.

As far as crowd, they were already lined up for the 50"Tv as well as the iPads and the systems (PS4 and Xbone). Crowd looks particularly rowdy and white trashy this year. Heard at least 4 messages paged across about no smoking indoors. And an empty bottle of Schlitz was sitting on the end of an aisle. Hoping for a good fist fight.


Who exactly are you haha?


Wondering the same thing. The employee was rude and shouldn't have been that way in the first place. I hate to say though that it irks me when people use "do you know who I am" to get something. Again the employee was in the wrong in the first place
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 13107
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:20 pm

I went to Michaels to get the 7' pencil tress, but they sold out quickly, stopped at JCP for a snowglobe
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1757
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:43 pm

So, there's a shopping area here with 2 big stores (Best Buy and Hobby Lobby) and a bunch of little ones (including RadioShack). This RadioShack opened at 8am and closed at noon... then re-opened at 5pm (same time as Best Buy). I wanted the free touch gloves but I was too lazy to get up early... so I figured I'd go to the RadioShack in the mall (opens at 6pm). Then I decided to go to the stand alone RadioShack just to see if they had any left... Got there at 4:58 (didn't mean to get there before opening...just didn't time the drive right). They had gloves! And lots of them! If the first 50 people in the store got free gloves, then based on the remaining gloves I saw, I'd say about 10 people were in the store between 8 and noon this morning. Also, I got in and out of RadioShack before the line of people for BestBuy got in...

Since I was on that end of town I decided to go to the mall anyway since JCP was open at 5 (it's an anchor store) and the rest would open at 6. I wanted to check out some of the cheap sheets (which they didn't have marked properly though they probably would have rung up right) and some tees. They weren't handing out snowglobes at the door so I figured they ran out by the time I got there (5-10 minutes after opening). When I went upstairs though, there was a lady standing next to a table full of boxes... snowglobes... I though it was strange that the snowglobes were being handed out on the upper level of the store instead of at the door...but what do I know...I've never got one before. Smaller than I expected. Anyway, I'll probably go back some time tomorrow or Saturday to pick over leftovers like I usually do (only went out today for the gloves).

So to summarize, I got 2 Black Friday Freebies :)

stephber
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:08 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: *** Share your Black Friday experience here ***

Postby stephber » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Just went across the street to Office Max - arrived at 5:58 for a 6pm opening, with a dozen people already waiting around. I was there with a friend for two $179 Dell laptops, and a Samsung Galaxy 4 10.1-inch tablet.

I spoke with the manager outside and was so happy I did before they opened. While the majority of people went straight for the laptop aisle, two other people and I went to the copy center, picked up everything and was out the door in 10 minutes. Everyone was suprised they sold out so quickly (they only had 4 + 1 display in store).


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest