Could BFAds and other Sites Like it Become Extinct

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

spideysensetingling
Black Friday Pro

Could BFAds and other Sites Like it Become Extinct

Postby spideysensetingling » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:45 am

Hi Guys, I wanted to Bring Something to your Attention. Both Target and Best Buy are showing their Black Friday Flyers online. If other Stores start to do that could this be the end of sites Like BFADS? I make this comment because sites Like BFAds which I love use to have the mystique of somehow getting the black friday flyer weeks before it will come out in the newspaper. Also I would love it when we would see the ad of some stores and than that store aka walmart would ask for a cease and desist of showing the flyer. But if this becomes the Norm of showing the flyers early what will become of websites like BFads? This could take the fun and lore out of Black Friday forever.

Your Thoughts?

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Re: Could BFAds and other Sites Like it Become Extinct

Postby Shopper X » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:23 pm

This sort of site will never go extinct. Even if all stores release their ads online, sites that aggregate this information are useful. There's no way that I would manually keep checking 50 different store web sites every day to discover whether their Black Friday ad is up yet. Instead, I'd one-stop-shop at BFAds.net where I can easily see what ads are currently available and view them all in the same, standard format. Plus, this site provides added value by aggregating deal information. I can quickly look over deals at many different stores, as an example for 32" televisions, and get an idea about what sort of prices to expect and what constitutes a good price.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Shopper X wrote:This sort of site will never go extinct. Even if all stores release their ads online, sites that aggregate this information are useful. There's no way that I would manually keep checking 50 different store web sites every day to discover whether their Black Friday ad is up yet. Instead, I'd one-stop-shop at BFAds.net where I can easily see what ads are currently available and view them all in the same, standard format. Plus, this site provides added value by aggregating deal information. I can quickly look over deals at many different stores, as an example for 32" televisions, and get an idea about what sort of prices to expect and what constitutes a good price.

^^This. My thoughts exactly. :D

shiftyjedi
Black Friday Pro

Postby shiftyjedi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Shopper X wrote:This sort of site will never go extinct. Even if all stores release their ads online, sites that aggregate this information are useful. There's no way that I would manually keep checking 50 different store web sites every day to discover whether their Black Friday ad is up yet. Instead, I'd one-stop-shop at BFAds.net where I can easily see what ads are currently available and view them all in the same, standard format. Plus, this site provides added value by aggregating deal information. I can quickly look over deals at many different stores, as an example for 32" televisions, and get an idea about what sort of prices to expect and what constitutes a good price.

Not to mention the aggregate information allows to organize your shopping by creating a meta list. It's probably only been 5 or 6 years since I would go to any place other than Best Buy and now days I have to hit at least four stores. Back than companies didn't care about leaks now even if the ad isn't on their site companies intentionally leak the ads. This site's competition has grown as the years go on yet it's still strong.
2018 Video Game Comparison Spreadsheet Link (this compares video game item in a grid format)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrC66il_gdV2fjT4CSwmG3v9zHPuwt_wkBcPNsfUXH8/edit?usp=sharing

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Well said
Plus there are a lot of folks on here every day of the year.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Plus where will all the desperate scammers and first time BFers who can't search and start new topics go???

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Not to mention bfads usually gets the ad leaks before the stores officially put it on their sites. :)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Good question. I don't think this site will ever become extinct - unless more competition abounds or if it gets shut down because it serves more than just Black Friday. It is a hub where people can access all the ads in one place but it also serves as a community throughout the year of latest deals and sales.

Personally, though...I have to see but imo this site has not been as busy this year as in normal years. Maybe I'm just used to the normal traffic or maybe it has to do with the lackluster ads but it is no lie that people can now access store websites to get the ads. The mystique you talk about is gone. To me, this site was sort of an underground where those in the know could find that forbidden knowledge and apply it to their Black Friday adventures while the majority would come in near the tale end trying to figure out what was going on. However, this year, Black Friday or should I say Thanksgiving Shopping is all over the news, all over social media, advertising and feels more mainstream especially with the last few years with the earlier times and created demand while offering lesser deals than the past where the adventurous smart shopper would strategically plan his or her route and be less burdened by the naive and immature.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it.

Either way, I think this site will be around for quite some time. It's a great hub and fun community. :D

Return to “Rants and Raves”