Favorite store / Best Ad of 2014

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Favorite store / Best Ad of 2014

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Now that most of the ads are out (some still left to come in but the majority is out)...

What is your favorite ad?

Which store are you looking forward to going to the most?

Which store will you be getting the most items from?
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: Favorite store / Best Ad of 2014

Postby Vols44 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 pm

What is your favorite ad? WM has the right combination of things to purchase outright or make them PM. It's close by, I've gotten in & out of there with little problems in the past and O know some of the mgrs who work there.

Which store are you looking forward to going to the most? The two star bfast buffet at Sam's is worth the Fri 5-7am excursion.

Which store will you be getting the most items from? Don't now about Amazon's lightening deals, Newegg's shell shockers. WM's potential haul will make quick work of my shopping needs.

WM gets extra points for 24/7 access no waiting outside, wristbands, 1HGC's and staggered shopping times.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Target!

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:10 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Now that most of the ads are out (some still left to come in but the majority is out)...

What is your favorite ad? Walmart so far

Which store are you looking forward to going to the most? Petsmart LOL hay for guinea pig

Which store will you be getting the most items from?
Walmart/TRUS

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Best Buy and Target. (Radio Shack is an honorable mention due to the drone!) :D

Still holding out for my Home Depot Batteries!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:29 pm

What is your favorite ad? Target or TRU

Which store are you looking forward to going to the most? Target, hoping to order online at TRU

Which store will you be getting the most items from? TRU

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:41 am

bfaddict wrote:Target!

This. And possibly walmart. But I'm mostly in the market for smaller things this year.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:29 am

What is your favorite ad? WM or Target but I am super-disappointed overall.

Which store are you looking forward to going to the most? Target, because I work at WM so it is no longer exciting.

Which store will you be getting the most items from? Probably WM. I'm hoping to be able to scavenge a lot of the DVDs/games later in the day on Friday...

LSUduck
Black Friday Newbie

Postby LSUduck » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:14 pm

What is your favorite ad? As a whole? Probably Target. JCPenney and Best Buy a close 2nd.

Which store are you looking forward to going to the most? Best Buy. Lots of movies and always well organized.

Which store will you be getting the most items from? Best Buy/Walmart (assuming I'm lucky online again)

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:45 pm

For me my favorite ad is probably Walmart. The reason has nothing to do with what's in it, or anything. It's just the ad that kinda sets the tone for "hey, Black Friday is really here!"

The store I'm looking forward to the most, is probably Radio Shack. Primarily because they open first out of anyone with their sales beginning on Wednesday. I am excited for the free gloves and the drone!!

I will be getting the most items from Kohls actually, and this is my first year going to Kohls on BF. Walmart is second with a lot of non-premium items. Stuff like the $5 books, basketballs, etc.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:15 pm

teknoge3k wrote:and this is my first year going to Kohls on BF

Get in, grab your stuff and head to the checkout lines and you will be in and out in no time! Checkout line typically starts getting a line about 10 min after doors open. If you need clothes that will hold you up but if you need stuff where you can go and grab you shouldn't have an issue.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 pm

bfaddict wrote:

Get in, grab your stuff and head to the checkout lines and you will be in and out in no time! Checkout line typically starts getting a line about 10 min after doors open. If you need clothes that will hold you up but if you need stuff where you can go and grab you shouldn't have an issue.

Problem is, that's my third stop after Walmart. If Walmarts sale begins at 6, I should be out of the store by 5:45 and able to head north to the city. I should get to JCP to run in and get my snow globe by 6:30-6:45. I leave my car running at JCP because I literally run in, grab the snow globe, and run out. Then I can be at Kohls by 7.

I was actually thinking about trying a different Walmart this year, that's closer to Kohls/JCP but I know nothing about that store. At my local store, I know where everything is, and can attack the store with precision.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:22 pm

teknoge3k wrote:
bfaddict wrote:

Problem is, that's my third stop after Walmart. If Walmarts sale begins at 6, I should be out of the store by 5:45 and able to head north to the city. I should get to JCP to run in and get my snow globe by 6:30-6:45. I leave my car running at JCP because I literally run in, grab the snow globe, and run out. Then I can be at Kohls by 7.

I was actually thinking about trying a different Walmart this year, that's closer to Kohls/JCP but I know nothing about that store. At my local store, I know where everything is, and can attack the store with precision.

oh bummer!! prepare to be in line for like an hour then lol. Line buddies are good for kohls - they can stand in line while you shop.
i'm not sure I'd take a chance at a different walmart either - you have a pretty good setup at the one you go to.

BFVet
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFVet » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:26 pm

[quote="teknoge3k]Then I can be at Kohls by 7.[/quote]

Unless you are after something particularly obscure at Kohl's (the telescope comes to mind as a special order, limited quantity item they have every year), I'd recommend not going there an hour or two after opening (they open at 6:00?). In my experience, Kohl's has always had tons of stock and you're at little risk of finding the items you are after have sold out. If you go there sometime between 2:00am and 8:00am, you should be able to pretty much walk in and walk back out with your stuff. If you get there at 7:00pm, you're going to be looking at a MINIMUM of an hour checkout line - possibly as long as 2 hours.

YMMV

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

BEST AD, BEST DEAL

Postby lwmjr » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:54 pm

Short and sweet, Out of all the ads posted so far. Pick the best ad and the best deal you have seen
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Return to “Rants and Raves”