Mail in rebates? WTF??

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Re: Mail in rebates? WTF??

Postby lovebf » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Don't forget that Radio Shack will price match as well this year. :wink:

Hmmm price matching stresses me. But I guess they can't have their 'own' code for beats.
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:53 am

A mail-in rebate is like a "we'll do it next time" promise from an alcoholic, non-custodial parent. You can be hopeful, but it's not something you should depend on.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 am

lovebf wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:Don't forget that Radio Shack will price match as well this year. :wink:

Hmmm price matching stresses me. But I guess they can't have their 'own' code for beats.

me too lol

montec
Black Friday Newbie

Postby montec » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:49 am

I always do rebates if it makes it worth it, but I also price shop. Nice you can get a rebate from a manufacture and buy it somewhere cheaper to even save more.

I do the menards rebates all the time. They do it to get you back in the store. Never had an issue with getting mine from menards. Even got a couple of missed mailing date sent out.

I remember the days of CD's and DVD's free after rebate or near free. I have some left but not many. some of them $20 and up rebates I spend the $ to track and get signature receipt on them. Had a few pull we never got it, oh really, interesting, I have so and so signed for it at your address.

josephfive
Black Friday Amateur

Postby josephfive » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 am

I don't mind doing the rebates online, but mail in rebates are a pain. I feel compelled to make a copy of everything and then there is the wait for the rebate. I consider myself organized with my receipts but I am not a big fan of rebates.

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Postby headbanger783 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:43 pm

I've always gotten every rebate I've sent in for. I don't care if there is a rebate...if the end deal is better I go for the rebate, everytime

Return to “Rants and Raves”