RANT: Sears Online

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

RANT: Sears Online

Postby mechimpaired » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 am

Ordered my MIL a new tv stand it showed up with box half way ripped open UPS man told us to inspect it for damage (we met him at the door it was not left sitting) and tell sears but that he would mark the box as open in his system. We got it in pulled out three of the pieces where the top of the box was ripped off and it is busted to all high heaven. (one shelf piece was cracked all the way through!)

Sears tells me they have to do a UPS damage trace which could take 8 days and then we have to send it back to them then they will refund our money only no exchange. They told me if we would have rejected the package it would have only taken 3-5 days. I said I didn't care about that I wanted that tv stand not a refund she said I could order it again and hope it would be get there on time after my refund is processed. I said nope you lost my business.

Never again. I am going this evening to hunt her another one down. (She wants wood based not the black glass type stands)

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Re: RANT: Sears Online

Postby azerigold » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Wow I am so sorry :( That is just completely lousy, no wonder they are going under!!! I refuse to buy from them. We used to go to the store and buy shoes there, but not very often. Their large dept. store here is closing...

Hopefully you can find a nice replacement tv stand somewhere else. We actually got a really nice one for our front room from Walmart. I was surprised, not a big Walmart fan, but I like the tv stand.
Shame of it is too, Sears is lousy, but I do love Kmart, but prefer shopping at the 2 nearby stores. I've saved a LOT of $$ shopping there, but also happy with purchases.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 am

We found one that was thirty dollars more but I think its a lot nicer it was on sale at a local furniture store it seems to have a better wood.

I was supposed to receive an initial damage trace email from sears this morning and I still have not received it :(

I do like Kmart in person but online is a whole different beast IMO the kmart/sears website misdirects to spammy type sites and I do not like that.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:30 am

With the exception of the BF bedroom shoes for the boys and leaf blower I bought on BF, I don't recall shopping at Sears in the 11 years my wife and I have been married. There's nothing there for either of us. I can honestly see why Sears and JCP are both going out of business. I don't think either of them will be around in B&M fashion next year.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Postby headbanger783 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:47 am

I like Sears IN PERSON. I generally don't order anything to ship from them because I never spend enough for "free shipping" The time I have I haven't had many issues. However the actual store is about 25 miles from me so I don't go that often. KMART on the other hand I love. Have one a few miles away, I hardly buy anything in store but I do a lot of buying online and picking up ins tore....makes it very easy and I've never been disappointed.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 pm

i have a sears right by my office so i love their order online and pick up in store option. the guy i see working it all the time is really nice too.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:12 pm

I always use the store pickup option, Sears is only a couple miles away
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Return to “Rants and Raves”