Rave for Walgreens

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Rave for Walgreens

Postby JrdnJstn » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Walgreens has a gift pack of Sauve Morraccan hair products...this stuff is awesome and smells fantastic. The ad had it listed as 9.99 and then on the same page in a different area it said half off, which is awesome for 4 items of this stuff. I kind of knew it was an ad misprint but pointed it out anyways. They honored the half off which brought it to 5.41 after tax and I received 2000 Walgreen points.

So if you all have a Walgreens you might be able to get it too.

http://walgreens.shoplocal.com/walgreen ... ntryflash&

Here's the ad page where it's listed twice
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Re: Rave for Walgreens

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Walgreens for me was bad.

I went to Walgreens and was going to buy out their dishwasher tabs and JetDry. It didn't say a limit on anything, so I was going to get them all, since there wasn't a limit. I got to checkout and the girl working said they had a store limit of 3, but since it was BOGO I could get 4. She only allowed me to get 4 Finish products, so I got 2 things of JetDry and 2 things of the tablets for the dishwasher. Whatever.

We went back this morning to get more (this time with my wife). To avoid hassel, I got my 4 and my wife got her 4. I got 4 of the tablets and she got 4 JetDrys. The girl rang hers up as $20+ and said the JetDry wasn't BOGO. I told her "yes, it was and it was yesterday and is today.". She looked in the ad and then of course had to honor it. She was just being a jerk.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tomfranklin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:27 pm

teknoge3k wrote:Walgreens for me was bad.

I went to Walgreens and was going to buy out their dishwasher tabs and JetDry. It didn't say a limit on anything, so I was going to get them all, since there wasn't a limit. I got to checkout and the girl working said they had a store limit of 3, but since it was BOGO I could get 4. She only allowed me to get 4 Finish products, so I got 2 things of JetDry and 2 things of the tablets for the dishwasher. Whatever.

We went back this morning to get more (this time with my wife). To avoid hassel, I got my 4 and my wife got her 4. I got 4 of the tablets and she got 4 JetDrys. The girl rang hers up as $20+ and said the JetDry wasn't BOGO. I told her "yes, it was and it was yesterday and is today.". She looked in the ad and then of course had to honor it. She was just being a jerk.

I always love getting this person in check out.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:32 pm

A smart shopper leaves with more cash every time. The cashiers make their 8 dollars and hour and don't know the store ad like you do. School them or be like the fool and his cash (soon parted).

Return to “Rants and Raves”