Target Coupon

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

debcom
Black Friday Amateur

Target Coupon

Postby debcom » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:09 am

RANT: I was disappointed in the Target coupon (20% off any single trip between Dec. 1st and 6th) -- I read the ad scan for the rules, restrictions and exclusions carefully (can't be used on gift cards, can't be used on Rx, all of which is pretty expected). I waited until after midnight to do my Target run so I could get the coupon and when I had the physical coupon in my hand, there were a TON Of exclusions, including a bunch of name brand items and all video games and systems. I understand exclusions but not advertising them up front was a bait & switch-- not cool, Target, not cool.

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Re: Target Coupon

Postby Tomfranklin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:55 am

i can confirm this. i talked with a target manager last night and she confirmed the same thing. don't have the list of exclusions but it's hefty.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:39 pm

I think the wording posted here had all of the exclusions listed

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:29 am

Oh that's CRAP! The whole reason we waited to purchase Target at midnight was because of the 20% having very few exclusions.

debcom
Black Friday Amateur

Postby debcom » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:21 am

If it was posted on this site, it certainly wasn't posted where I could find it, and believe me, I looked. The exclusions were NOT listed in the adscan or on the actual ad I received in my newspaper-- only the part about not being valid on alcohol, gift cards and prescriptions. I would not have bothered waiting until after midnight if I knew how many of the electronics/ALL video games would be excluded.

oswalddidit
Black Friday Amateur

Postby oswalddidit » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Not a ton of exclusions only 12.
1.gift cards
2. iTunes cards
3. Apple
4. Bose
5. all video games
6. PS4
7. Xbox One
8. Target mobile
9. prescriptions
10. optical
11. clinic
12. alcohol
It's actually one of the more liberal coupons that I have ever seen. Just FYI bfads had posted the exclusions when they posted Targets BF flyer.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 pm

debcom wrote:If it was posted on this site, it certainly wasn't posted where I could find it, and believe me, I looked. The exclusions were NOT listed in the adscan or on the actual ad I received in my newspaper-- only the part about not being valid on alcohol, gift cards and prescriptions. I would not have bothered waiting until after midnight if I knew how many of the electronics/ALL video games would be excluded.

Did not even take a minute to find it. Sorry. :( Feel free to send the coupon to me if you aren't gonna use it :lol:
http://bfads.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26063&hilit=target+coupon

midmofan
Black Friday Pro

Postby midmofan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 pm

What is interesting about the exclusions is that many are on items where Target probably cannot control the price they charge. The big issue will really be what will Target's prices be for the time you can use the coupon. If prices are up 15% then its not that big of a deal, if they stay the same as before then pretty good.

Kelly720
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kelly720 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Honestly loved the coupon. Used it yesterday! Yes, there are a few exclusions but with my cartwheel, red card, and 20% off I saved a ton of money.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:00 pm

I was able to use it on diapers - that is my usual big expenditure :lol: I saved like $12. Works for me!

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Hmmm I am going to go use it. Glad I saw this. However, I am not planning on buying anything on that list with it so I guess I am okay. I hope so.
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

Return to “Rants and Raves”