Anyone else having an empty feeling this BF season?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

buynstuff4fun
Black Friday Pro

Re: Anyone else having an empty feeling this BF season?

Postby buynstuff4fun » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:13 am

I agree with all of you. I did 80% of my shopping online and finished up on BF, starting at 3am, like the good ol' days. Old Navy literally did not have a line, and I hardly saw anyone at Sears. After reading through your responses, I think the underwhelming feeling does have to do with 1) Black Thursday - boycott shopping on Thanksgiving! 2) More online shopping and less in store shopping and 3) the fact that I'm older and don't need much. It's difficult to feel the thrill of the hunt, when everything opens at the same time online. I guess the silver lining is that I refused to go out on Thanksgiving and still got most of the cheap prices (I bought my kids laptops and the family a 60 inch TV). I know I got low prices on them all, so that feels good, but I still can relate to what you all are saying.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Re: Anyone else having an empty feeling this BF season?

Postby BeachGirlShops » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 pm

This year did seem different. I am very fortunate at this point in my life but I can always use certain things and I always enjoy getting out in the crowds. I love a good deal, something about the thrill of the hunt! I bought a lot before BF so really, what I got then were extra gifts and stuff for me, certainly nothing that I had to have. I feel kind of bummed this year about BF. :? That being said, I'm very blessed and looking forward to Christmas!

Return to “Rants and Raves”