Anyone else having an empty feeling this BF season?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Sherezada
Black Friday Newbie

Anyone else having an empty feeling this BF season?

Postby Sherezada » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:07 am

Being BF addicts, after going through several BF seasons there has to come a point when you feel like you don't have anything else to buy because "you've got everything". I mean, there are only so many TVs/cameras/computers/kitchen appliances you can have in your house, right? That's where I am right now- I've kind of lost my BF mojo because I feel like there is nothing else I need.

Anyone else in this situation? If so, how do you cope with it?

oswalddidit
Black Friday Amateur

Re: Anyone else having an empty feeling this BF season?

Postby oswalddidit » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:45 am

Yep, been there done that. The thrill of the hunt is what kept me going. I buy items for a orphanage and use my door busting skills for a good cause. just look around their are plenty of ways to help and feed your addiction.

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tomfranklin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:50 am

Toys-for-Tots gets about 60% of my shopping cart on BF, and if you have the money is a great organization to donate to.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 am

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. I have everything I want and need, I don't need or want anything. My wife asked me for a Christmas list, and I have a blank piece of paper. I wish there was something that I wanted, that I don't have. :?
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:58 am

Bourbon :wink: perfect for all occasions
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:46 am

My feelings continue to drift this way year after year. It's sad really.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:55 am

Well this year since funds are low mosty will be going to watch the fights that happen and might buy a few things. Like i said in another post is only going to buy the Flash drive for 8 bucks. Wife wants the buy the cheap TV since its is pretty cheap and does not matter that much. Heck we bought the Emerson last year from walmart the cheap tv and it still runs better than my 2000 HDTV.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:11 am

Yes and no.. empty because the majority of things I wanted will be ordered online this leaves my in person list very meek. Kind of making wonder if venturing out is even worth it. I am talking pj sets, sheet sets, and clothes as the majority of remaining items.

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 am

For me personally, yes. I have most of the things I need/want for my kids already and there is very little that I want. However, my sig. other is going shopping with me and it is her first time shopping on Black Friday EVER...so I am excited for her and to see her reactions. That will be the highlight of the next two days for me.

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:56 pm

I know exactly how you feel. This is the first year that I have felt this way, but honestly, there just isn't much I want or need.

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:59 pm

For me it isn't that we have it all...it is that I don't have the money. I am a single mom (and sole supporter) of 3 kids. I keep all my bills paid but there isn't room to save much money. Their sports and their music (as in orchestra and concert band) eat up any spare change I think I might possible have...lol! I have some $ on amazon from swagbucks and I try to save a little here and there. With 3 to shop for and about $100-$120 bucks a kid to spend -I can't drop the high dollar amounts on ipads and the like. I really, really wanted to buy that Kindle Fire HD deal from Best Buy for myself but had to resist. Need to buy groceries more.

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Yes, I'm feeling the same way this year. All I really need/want, I'm purchasing on-line. Nothing we really need/want in person this year. :( Kinda ruins the fun.

bogart
Black Friday Pro

Postby bogart » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Oh, whew, it's not just me!

Last year, with pretty much everywhere opening Thursday, it really took the thrill out of it all for me. Anyone can go to a store in the evening, but that challenge of getting up early and freezing your tuchas off at 3:00am for that 5:00am opening was part of the sport!

I understand the commercial/capitalism/profit-driven ideas of starting Thursday, but, man, I want Black Friday to go back to Friday! Now it's just "Black Sale"... though that probably wouldn't be a good marketing term...

So, this year, I haven't been as excited, but certainly think this has been the best year for BFAds as far as getting the news out-- and I thought it was pretty awesome 7 years ago!

Anyway... I'll see you kids in line at JCP..... my only goal this year is a snow globe!

Skyshade
Black Friday Pro

Postby Skyshade » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:37 pm

The only thing I really need to buy is a printer, so yeah I do kind of felt empty when making the list and planning and all that.

But the good thing is two hours before Thanksgiving, I am already done with my BF shopping thanks to newegg. :lol:

jamizer
Black Friday Pro

Postby jamizer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:57 pm

I miss standing outside the mall at 4:00am waiting for the doors to open. Then hitting the stores as they opened at 5:00am, 6:00am. and 7:00am Friday morning. Now that is all gone. Like others have said, what is the fun of going to Walmart at 6:00pm on Thanksgiving evening????

I really think they need to push the starting time now to EARLY Thanksgiving morning. Then get the stores all closed by noon. Get the shopping done...then go eat turkey. I could go for that :)

Return to “Rants and Raves”