Finding Ads

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Re: Finding Ads

Postby ikey2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 am

Finding ads should be like Easter. GO outside and look around in small nooks and crannies now that would be fun.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 pm

I was surprised when I walked into my local Walmart and Target stores today and there wasn't a "after thanksgiving" flyer in sight. The past 3 years I managed to walk into the stores and pick one up, this year I've had to rely on the store websites (and of course BFADS.NET).

I don't subscribe to any newspapers, but I did check at the convenience store and there weren't any BF Ads in yesterday's or today's local papers.

I guess this was an official "welcome to the digital age" message. 8)

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tomfranklin » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:17 am

Plus I'm sure they save a miniscule amount of money reducing the amount of ads printed and increased traffic towards their website. Corporate bastards! :twisted:

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 am

everyone should have plenty of ads now :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:30 am

Where I live in rural Virginia you need to buy a Wednesday paper to get the giant pile of ads...they don't seem to come in the Thanksgiving Thursday paper like they used to or probably still do in the larger cities.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:51 am

BF364 wrote:Where I live in rural Virginia you need to buy a Wednesday paper to get the giant pile of ads...they don't seem to come in the Thanksgiving Thursday paper like they used to or probably still do in the larger cities.

That's sucks :(, but on a positive note, you have them on Wed.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:57 am

lwmjr wrote:
BF364 wrote:Where I live in rural Virginia you need to buy a Wednesday paper to get the giant pile of ads...they don't seem to come in the Thanksgiving Thursday paper like they used to or probably still do in the larger cities.

That's sucks :(, but on a positive note, you have them on Wed.

Yeah but BFAds has most of the big national chain store ads well before Wed so I can scout here then decide if it's worth the $$$ to even buy the Wednesday paper.

Even sadder is the paper itself weighs only 1/5 as much as the ads do (which is why I don't buy the paper).

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:31 pm

With the exception of Black Friday for the people who want the physical ad, newspaper is dead. It's been dying out since the late 90's/ early 00's.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 pm

I need something to read while......... you know :lol:

Return to “Rants and Raves”