Finding Ads

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:57 am

Finding Ads

Postby Tomfranklin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:56 am

I didn't think this would be a problem until I went to my local Target and they told me they were somehow out.

Ok, so I'll wait till Sunday when the good ads come. Right? Wrong.



So, besides physically going to the store is there a day they send out BF ads?

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10697
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Finding Ads

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:15 am

Tomfranklin wrote:I didn't think this would be a problem until I went to my local Target and they told me they were somehow out.

Ok, so I'll wait till Sunday when the good ads come. Right? Wrong.



So, besides physically going to the store is there a day they send out BF ads?



Yes, all of the ads will be in the Thursday paper. That's the "big paper" day.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12991
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Finding Ads

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:25 am

Wednesday paper, will have the Thursday ads.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Middle of the Woods (aka PA)

Re: Finding Ads

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:30 am

You might want to call and check with your local newspaper about when they're putting their ads in. Or you can just play it safe and buy one on both Wednesday and Thursday.

Our local newspaper decided to split up the ads this year to make it easier for the people delivering them. All ads with a 6pm and before start time are going to be in Wednesday's paper, while the ones that start 7pm and later will be in Thursday's.

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10697
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Finding Ads

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:30 am

lwmjr wrote:Wednesday paper, will have the Thursday ads.


If your paper comes 7 days a week, then it'll be the Thursday paper. Always has been. If you have a Mon/Wed/Fri paper, then it'll be the Wednesday paper. Bigger cities have a 7 day a week paper.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12991
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Finding Ads

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:36 am

teknoge3k wrote:
lwmjr wrote:Wednesday paper, will have the Thursday ads.


If your paper comes 7 days a week, then it'll be the Thursday paper. Always has been. If you have a Mon/Wed/Fri paper, then it'll be the Wednesday paper. Bigger cities have a 7 day a week paper.

Let me clarify that, I always got, BF ads in the Thursday paper, and the thanksgiving day ad in Wednesday paper
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper
Posts: 2637
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Re: Finding Ads

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:49 am

teknoge3k wrote:If your paper comes 7 days a week, then it'll be the Thursday paper. Always has been.

Of course, in past years most sales have also "always been" on Friday. With so many more sales starting at 6 am, 7 am, 8 am Thursday this year, I'm interested in seeing whether ads start being included in earlier newspaper editions. If Thursday is the new Friday, then perhaps Wednesday is the new Thursday?

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10697
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Finding Ads

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:53 am

Shopper X wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:If your paper comes 7 days a week, then it'll be the Thursday paper. Always has been.

Of course, in past years most sales have also "always been" on Friday. With so many more sales starting at 6 am, 7 am, 8 am Thursday this year, I'm interested in seeing whether ads start being included in earlier newspaper editions. If Thursday is the new Friday, then perhaps Wednesday is the new Thursday?



Perhaps. But as of now, they come out in Thursdays paper for Black Friday and everyone is still calling it a Black Friday sale.

Plus, if you look at a majority of the sale papers, they say "Tonight starting at Xpm"
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12991
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Finding Ads

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:02 am

teknoge3k wrote:
Shopper X wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:If your paper comes 7 days a week, then it'll be the Thursday paper. Always has been.

Of course, in past years most sales have also "always been" on Friday. With so many more sales starting at 6 am, 7 am, 8 am Thursday this year, I'm interested in seeing whether ads start being included in earlier newspaper editions. If Thursday is the new Friday, then perhaps Wednesday is the new Thursday?



Perhaps. But as of now, they come out in Thursdays paper for Black Friday and everyone is still calling it a Black Friday sale.

Plus, if you look at a majority of the sale papers, they say "Tonight starting at Xpm"

great, now I have to learn a new time
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
teknoge3k
Forum geek
Posts: 10697
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Finding Ads

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:04 am

lwmjr wrote:great, now I have to learn a new time


:lol:
It's between Wpm and Ypm. :)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12991
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Finding Ads

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:09 am

teknoge3k wrote:
lwmjr wrote:great, now I have to learn a new time


:lol:
It's between Wpm and Ypm. :)

I am looking it up now
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/257 ... f5161a.jpg
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:57 am

Re: Finding Ads

Postby Tomfranklin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Appreciate the info everyone

User avatar
tashicon
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 am

Re: Finding Ads

Postby tashicon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Here in Arizona they are playing commercials saying that all the BF ads will be in the Thursday paper.

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12991
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Finding Ads

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Its probably the same everywhere. There has been a few years where the inserts/ads got delivered late evening, and the paper in the morning.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12991
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Finding Ads

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:39 am

I got the Ollies and Rite aid BF ads today
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest