Malls Crowded already?

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Malls Crowded already?

Postby jediknight » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:36 pm

Anyone been out to the malls lately? Stupid question as I know we are all shoppers :mrgreen: - Seeing a lot more activity the last 2 weeks than normal. I don't know if it means people are buying more but the last few weekends have felt like the weekend before Christmas...just lots of shoppers. Anyone else seeing this?

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Re: Malls Crowded already?

Postby inthedark » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:42 pm

The crazy drivers are out :shock:

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

I haven't really seen a larger crowd on my Amazon shopping.

I stay away from the mall. Amazon is cheaper.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Yes, my observation has been that the malls have been crowded recently. I hope that this is a good sign, that the economy is recovering.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:59 pm

i was going to go shopping yesterday and was not looking forward to it as i knew the crowds would be crazy.
thankfully i was able to go friday night which was much more pleasant :)

i work right by a mall and my office window looks out to Kohls, it's always fun to see the parking lot get filled up more this time of year :)

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:09 am

The mall close to me was not bf packed but still pretty busy none the less. I try to avoid the mall somewhat. But its mainly bc of the roundabout. Most of these hoosiers don't understand it and it drives me batty. Now if I had an original humvee; all would be well with the world. LOL!! I am betting that this week the mall will have that calm before the storm and a summer crowd. Thursday will bring that Holy Sardines Batman-packed that we're all used to seeing.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:36 am

I avoid the mall at all cost this time of year! Unless there is something particular that I am looking for, otherwise I try to go on a weekday early in the day. Being a stay at home mom does have it's advantages ;)

digby723
Black Friday Pro

Postby digby723 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Normally don't go to the mall anymore, if I do it's just the anchor stores, but I was off last week and was out & about shopping and was shocked at how many people were at Kohl's at noon on a Wed. My sister who works at a mall said that it's been really busy there the last couple of weeks also.

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:17 pm

I haven't been to a mall in forever...we don't really have many malls left around here. Ours in town have a decrepid movie theater, a Sears, and a couple small stores. It is pretty much called a "hallway" and not really a mall...lol! Shopping in town is Walmart and Target. Or 30 minutes to drive to a cluster of shopping place. Or I could go an hour to a real indoor mall.

I am so broke this year I am not in stores too much and when I do go out - I go early in the morning to avoid idiots...I mean crowds...

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:58 am

sportymonkey wrote:The mall close to me was not bf packed but still pretty busy none the less. I try to avoid the mall somewhat. But its mainly bc of the roundabout. Most of these hoosiers don't understand it and it drives me batty. Now if I had an original humvee; all would be well with the world. LOL!! I am betting that this week the mall will have that calm before the storm and a summer crowd. Thursday will bring that Holy Sardines Batman-packed that we're all used to seeing.

Omg. I know that stupid round-a-bout. I hated it so muc when I worked there. Now, I avoid he mall at all costs. The people around here don't know how to use the stop signs at the entrances either. The people coming in stop even without a stop sign. Or, they don't know how to use their turn signal. so that those sitting at the stop sign waiting on them can potentially go.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Over the weekend, the outlet stores here and the mall parking lots were packed. The parking lot at Bass Pro was full too. This was just my observations from driving past them.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:18 pm

grocery store was crazy today over lunch :shock:
glad i didn't wait to go till after work

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:58 pm

I try to avoid the mall at all costs.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:00 pm

bfaddict wrote:grocery store was crazy today over lunch :shock:
glad i didn't wait to go till after work

And at 10:30 a.m. here! :shock:

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:17 am

kowen wrote:
sportymonkey wrote:The mall close to me was not bf packed but still pretty busy none the less. I try to avoid the mall somewhat. But its mainly bc of the roundabout. Most of these hoosiers don't understand it and it drives me batty. Now if I had an original humvee; all would be well with the world. LOL!! I am betting that this week the mall will have that calm before the storm and a summer crowd. Thursday will bring that Holy Sardines Batman-packed that we're all used to seeing.

Omg. I know that stupid round-a-bout. I hated it so muc when I worked there. Now, I avoid he mall at all costs. The people around here don't know how to use the stop signs at the entrances either. The people coming in stop even without a stop sign. Or, they don't know how to use their turn signal. so that those sitting at the stop sign waiting on them can potentially go.

You think it's bad here; go to evansville. Those people truly do not know how to drive!! LOL!

Return to “Rants and Raves”