Road Construction

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Road Construction

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:12 pm

There's SO much road work going on in the area around the mall I'm seriously considering skipping out on half the stores I planned to check out for Black Friday. I may round up some courage by Friday...but right now...I dunno...

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Re: Road Construction

Postby inthedark » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:25 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:There's SO much road work going on in the area around the mall I'm seriously considering skipping out on half the stores I planned to check out for Black Friday. I may round up some courage by Friday...but right now...I dunno...

Sounds like around my area. The state bird and flower of Michigan is the orange barrel.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:43 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:There's SO much road work going on in the area around the mall I'm seriously considering skipping out on half the stores I planned to check out for Black Friday. I may round up some courage by Friday...but right now...I dunno...

I do not know how it is in your area, but in Virginia VDOT normally haults all construction on the holidays to help ease traffic flow.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:02 am

I suppose I may be complaining about it more than I should, as no one is ever actually out there working (that I see anyway -- they probably do the work at night or something). My problem is that the sides of the main roads are all "coned" off and stuff so it's hard to find where I can turn to get into a store's parking lot until I'm right up on the turn. And there are other places that I'm never sure if it's okay to turn onto the street I want or if it's blocked off. Also, they just opened a new "diverging diamond" interchange about a month and a half ago. First one the city has had and it's near the mall... Hoping everyone who plans to go through it has it figured out by now... I was hoping all the road work would be cleared up after that thing opened, but I thinking they're trying to widen the lanes or something.

Return to “Rants and Raves”