Walmart's So Called Pre Black Friday Sale

Praise or Complain about your prior Black Friday Experiences

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

mincepie007
Black Friday Newbie

Walmart's So Called Pre Black Friday Sale

Postby mincepie007 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:18 pm

So did anyone else fall for the Walmart Pre Black Friday Sale and go to the store? With the promise of matching Toy's R Us, Best Buy and Target Black Friday prices and a 2 page teaser ad, you would have thought it was going to be a decent sale. I got up a 6 AM. Already had messages that some stores were already allowing people to purchase the 8AM merchandise. I got to my local store about 6:30 AM and store is dead. No Pre-Black Friday ads up front and only 1 other shopper there for the sale. We asked about the ads and the sale and the sales people told us they knew nothing about the sale. Figure that, Walmart employees not nothing something. It took a lot of doing but the manager got someone to make copies of the ad, which was the 2 page ad posted on this site. So, nothing new that we didn't already know. Where were all the other deals? Nothing in the store is marked on sale. None of the merchandise is out. The closer it got to 8 AM a few more people showed up. Now the fun begins. All the local news stations had run a piece on air that Walmart was doing this great price matching sale...... Still the employees are acting dumb. So then a lady calls the new station and tells them that the store is not honoring the ad, and has them repeat the report read on the air for the manager to hear. Now all of a sudden a cardboard picture is pulled out of the stickers we are to look for through out the store of the 200+ items that are marked down. Again, I have been there since 6:30 AM it is now almost 8 AM and there is not 1 of these stickers or merchandise to be found in the store. We are told that the news stations has it wrong etc. Walmart not price matching all BF items of those 3 stores at this time. Only the 200+ items. Then all of a sudden a list appears. I get to ask if my items I came to look for are on the list from Target and Best Buy and they are not. At the same time the lady who called the new station is on the phone with her daughter who is at another local store that is price matching everything, they even have the other store ads up. When the manager hears this he says: I am going to call that store. Needless to say, I went to the other store and buy the time I got there, they were not price matching. When I complained about this entire situation, I was told that the news media got it wrong. I asked if I was going to have a problem price matching on black Friday and I got a very rude remark about everything would be gone by the time I got there. This was a total train wreck from the start. How was your trip to Walmart? Total purchase today $0.00. :evil:

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Walmart's So Called Pre Black Friday Sale

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:30 pm

a lot of people here posted that they had very positive experiences at walmart today.

sorry yours was not the same!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:43 am

Sorry to hear you bad bad luck with this event. Like addict said, almost everyone on here had a positive experience and got what they wanted.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:13 am

the ad never said they would match all of everyone elses doorbusters, but that they would beat certain key doorbusters.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

mincepie007
Black Friday Newbie

Postby mincepie007 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:33 am

I never thought they were doing all BF price matching for everything that day before I got there. Just knew that the 2 page ad was a small part of what the sale was to be. But when the the local news announced it as a true BF price matching sale and at least one of our local stores was doing that, that was very aggravating. Because the store I was at had done nothing to prepare for this sale. The merchandise wasn't even on the floor and the so called stickers/tags were not on the shelves. Total waist of time. Will know better than to go to that store in future for any special sales. If everyone else had a good day/experience I am happy for them. At least someone got some shopping done. And please send your Walmart managers/associates my way.

This did give me more time to work on my BF spread sheets of what I am after. I have gone through those ads so many times my head is spinning & hand is cramped. :lol:

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:33 pm

my walmart was awesome had great sales AND matched everything. It was super busy there. I guess all the walmarts are not the same. Sorry your experience was not so good. Good luck on BF :D

krazymop
Black Friday Pro

Postby krazymop » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:55 pm

I was able to grab Skylanders Swap Force and 2 LeapPad2's. Went to the store around 9pm the night before, based on reports they were ringing up as sale prices early, and got them then. No clue why WM let prices go live a day early....

angelmse
Black Friday Pro

Postby angelmse » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Sorry your experience was so bad.

My Walmart was also terrifc. I went the nite before and got what I needed no problems at all.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:16 pm

It sounds like you misread what the sale was going to be about.
My store did not have anything marked, but I scanned what i wanted and all scanned at the right price. There were a few things they did not have. I got there about 5 mins before open, and the crowd was mostly to pick up the new xbox lol

I did get the wrong leappad (got the right one on amazon later for the bf price) and all of the infinity sets looked crappy (so I bought one from amazon for the same price later) so I need to return those. Good thing since i forgot to use my $10 gift card, so one more trip and I am done with Walamrt for good, hopefully. (The good news is I won my dispute and will get my money back for my cancelled order *smh* )

Oh and I used the self check out but had all kinds of issues and the employee working those registers was actually nice and helpful! I almost fainted from the shock of it lol

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 pm

I got everything that I wanted that was pictured in their ad. Although, apparently I missed that there would be other unadvertised deals in the store that they were price matching from other stores. Some of those items were on my list to price match on Thursday/Friday, and now unfortunately they are sold out. So, I won't be getting those items sadly. Oh well. :(

Return to “Rants and Raves”